Powdered Nutrition?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

I'm seeing several new products on the market that claim to provide all sorts of nutrition by feeding you powdered fruits and vegetables. Powdered protein and powdered fiber have been around for a while and seem to be legit, but fruits and vegetables? "Balance of Nature"?

And they don't really claim to have any measurable or tangible health benefit, just that it's like eating the real thing.

What do y'all think? Nutrition or B.S.?

There are certain vitamins, and minerals that are degraded through processing. Even flash freezing, or cooking of fresh fruits and veg degrade some of the health benefits.

There really is no substitute for hard fresh fruit and veg. Now, are powdered proteins and plant compounds better for you than Twinkies, and Hohos?

Yes, but nothing beats fresh.

IOW, they will do in a pinch.

I'm seeing several new products on the market that claim to provide all sorts of nutrition by feeding you powdered fruits and vegetables. Powdered protein and powdered fiber have been around for a while and seem to be legit, but fruits and vegetables? "Balance of Nature"?

And they don't really claim to have any measurable or tangible health benefit, just that it's like eating the real thing.

What do y'all think? Nutrition or B.S.?
I'm not sure how a teaspoon of powder sprinkled over your food can have more benefit than that same teaspoon full of real food.

Well, I think the point is they are targeting who either cannot or do not eat the real thing. Is there any benefit?

Is it like watching someone work out on television versus working out?

Forum List

Back