Is GOP Health Care Proposal a Big Fuck You To Americans?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Reading what little of it I could (in the papers) it appears that we need to cover our assholes from the GOP prescription to cure America's health care woes.

read It and weep, if you are still human::::::
Linda, told me how she had been diagnosed earlier this year with abdominal and bladder cancer — leading to battles with her insurance company.

“I will never forget standing outside the chemo treatment room knowing that the medication needed to save my life was only a few feet away, but that because I had private insurance it wasn’t available to me,” Linda wrote. “I read a comment from someone saying that they didn’t want a faceless government bureaucrat deciding if they would or would not get treatment. Well, a faceless bureaucrat from my private insurance made the decision that I wouldn’t get treatment and that I wasn’t worth saving.”
-GOP prescription sucks...

That brings me to an apology.

In several columns, I’ve noted indignantly that we have worse health statistics than Slovenia. For example, I noted that an American child is twice as likely to die in its first year as a Slovenian child. The tone — worse than Slovenia! — gravely offended Slovenians. They resent having their fine universal health coverage compared with the notoriously dysfunctional American system.

As far as I can tell, every Slovenian has written to me. Twice. So, to all you Slovenians, I apologize profusely for the invidious comparison of our health systems. Yet I still don’t see anything wrong with us Americans aspiring for health care every bit as good as yours.
:evil:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFc1RMbko4&feature=related]YouTube - Dick Cheney as a Wal-Mart Greeter[/ame]

Oh, and according to a report, the leaders of the GOP wouldn't even be able to get coverage under their own plan.

Im sure poor Linda would have been better off if a government beaureaucrat made the decision to withhold treatment.

hey Punk, have you ever had to use your healthcare plan for other than menstral cramps, wait till you get a bit older and see what happens

They'd probably be less likely to withhold treatment than private insurance companies. CEO needs a new yacht!

CEO only gets a new yacht if people will pay for his product. What do you lefties think- that under a government run program there is no limit to the services you will be provided? If so- current estimates of the cost- which are a fraction of what they actually will be once the most inefficient business model known to man gets involved- are gonna skyrocket...

What is interesting is the way the health insurance debate brings out the anti-business sentiments of the lefties.

well punk, you can't be too fucking oldand have the views you have and I am certain you have never been seriously sick

CEO only gets a new yacht if people will pay for his product.

People are forced to buy his product because it is the only option offered through their employer and there is no low cost option alternative. Profit is the only thing that these parasitic companies care about and I have a huge moral issue with that. They are not there to provide the service they advertise, but to make money. They are making money by denying the very thing the people are paying them for - they are playing god in order to keep shareholders happy and pay executives ridiculous salaries. Good lord, you are dense...

They'd probably be less likely to withhold treatment than private insurance companies. CEO needs a new yacht!

CEO only gets a new yacht if people will pay for his product. What do you lefties think- that under a government run program there is no limit to the services you will be provided? If so- current estimates of the cost- which are a fraction of what they actually will be once the most inefficient business model known to man gets involved- are gonna skyrocket...

What is interesting is the way the health insurance debate brings out the anti-business sentiments of the lefties.

Moron.

The CEO of Cigna makes nearly a quarter billion over 5 years as "payment" from a company that stands between patients and doctors. Cigna has two "corporate jets" and is famous because the board of directors eat off gold plated plates and silverware. 5 of it's executives are among the top 100 highest paid executives in the United States.

Cigna is famous for voiding insurance policies of people who get sick because it's cheaper fighting them in court and hoping they die before the case ends.

That's not business turd. THAT IS CALLED A SCAM. If you skim money off insurance policies, it's called a SCAM. Oh, but it's legal. Republicans made sure of that.

How many insurance policies do you have to skim to get a quarter billion dollars?

Got it? Good. IT'S NOT BUSINESS. IT'S A SCAM.

I asked Punk a while ago if he ever used his policy, dead silence, too young but he will find out, maybe it will be too late when he wises up

Maybe Pink'll get a really rare disease that needs what his/her/its wonderful insurance company deems not valid or "exploratory" . Then we'll hear the tune change.

Why of course it is. I mean it only cuts the deficit,cuts costs,doesn't raise taxes,and doesn't fine or imprison American Citizens for not having Health Insurance. All that and just 200 pages to boot. Yea that's some "Big F*ck You to Americans." The CBO just announced today that the Republican Plan will cut costs and will not cost nearly as much as Reid & Pelosi's mammoth debacle. If that's a "Big F*ck You to Americans" then it is time for America to get F*cked. Not even Reid & Pelosi have read their own mammoth debacle at this point. Let me know what you really think when you get through their 1,400 page nightmare. So quit the stale Talking Points and get to reading. Hope you have a couple of years to kill. That debacle only gets longer and longer by the day. Yea i'm just gonna have to go with the Republican Plan at this point. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
well punk, you can't be too fucking oldand have the views you have and I am certain you have never been seriously sick

38 years old. Catastrophic back injury when I was in law school followed by a bout of bacterial meningitis. nearly 50k in medical expenses. No insurance- all bills settled within three years- before finishing school.

People are forced to buy his product because it is the only option offered through their employer and there is no low cost option alternative. Profit is the only thing that these parasitic companies care about and I have a huge moral issue with that. They are not there to provide the service they advertise, but to make money. They are making money by denying the very thing the people are paying them for - they are playing god in order to keep shareholders happy and pay executives ridiculous salaries. Good lord, you are dense...

Wiat until govt has control and see how amok things get without a bottom-line...

Wiat until govt has control and see how amok things get without a concern for the bottom-line and no shareholders to answer to...

Moron.

The CEO of Cigna makes nearly a quarter billion over 5 years as "payment" from a company that stands between patients and doctors. Cigna has two "corporate jets" and is famous because the board of directors eat off gold plated plates and silverware. 5 of it's executives are among the top 100 highest paid executives in the United States.

Cigna is famous for voiding insurance policies of people who get sick because it's cheaper fighting them in court and hoping they die before the case ends.

That's not business turd. THAT IS CALLED A SCAM. If you skim money off insurance policies, it's called a SCAM. Oh, but it's legal. Republicans made sure of that.

How many insurance policies do you have to skim to get a quarter billion dollars?

Got it? Good. IT'S NOT BUSINESS. IT'S A SCAM.

Awwww, the hysterics of the left....

Forum List

Back