Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

Same horseshit, different day
On the contrary, it's not every day you find case law for USSC that says "adult civil rights take a back seat if kids are harmed". That's exactly the conclusion in New York vs Ferber. And I doubt many people know about that law.

So you think a prior Supreme Court ruling- overturns a subsequent Supreme Court ruling?

That isn't how precedent works.

On the contrary, it's not every day you find case law for USSC that says "adult civil rights take a back seat if kids are harmed". That's exactly the conclusion in New York vs Ferber. And I doubt many people know about that law.
Sick and twisted reasoning. This case has NOTHING to do with gay marriage or parenting. There is a reason why dozens of cases where opponents of same sex marriage exploited children by trying to make the case that parenting by gays was somehow harmful, failed. Most all of them were humiliated in court. The few who prevailed initially were overturned on appeal. However, I will point out that NONE on them were stupid enough to try to use Ferber or anything like it to make their case. I guess that's what we have you for.

Last edited:
Adoption-1600x900_800_450.png

It is in the best interests of children that all qualified adults who have the room in their hearts and homes to adopt a child are permitted to do so, and are treated fairly in the process. Every day, more and more LGBT people are adopting children who need a good and loving home, and you could be one of them. Adoption | Human Rights Campaign

Now you can legally marry another gender retard- of the same gender.

In all 50 states.

That remains to be seen. That is false, if doing so violates the finding in New York v Ferber (adult civil rights take a back seat to the physical and psychological well being of children), by depriving children systematically of either a vital mother or vital father for life, without escape, those prison bars displayed every day when the child wakes up and sees their two dads or two moms parading about the house..could be found to be what the children themselves have declared: intolerable. No matter how "nice" the gay home is otherwise. That vacuum can't be filled with toys, money or soccer game trophies..
Almost 40% of all agencies and 83% of public agencies reported making at least one adoption placement with a lesbian or gay man. However, one-third of agencies would reject a gay or lesbian applicant, either because of the religious beliefs guiding the agency, a state law prohibiting placement with LGBT parents, or a policy of placing children only with married couples. Additionally, agency heads are more likely to have negative views towards gays and lesbians adopting when they associate such adoptions with greater evaluation and support needs. As a gay friendly agency, we were appalled to hear such discrimination.

Here are some additional facts supporting gay adoption
  • An estimated two million LGBT people are interested in adopting.
  • An estimated 65,500 adopted children are living with a lesbian or gay parent.
  • More than 16,000 adopted children are living with lesbian and gay parents in California, the highest number in the U.S.
  • Gay and lesbian parents are raising four percent of all adopted children in the United States.
  • Adopted children with same-sex parents are younger and more likely to be foreign born.
  • There were an estimated 300,000 to 500,000 gay and lesbian biological parents in 1976. In 1990, an estimated 6 to 14 million children have gay or lesbian parents.
  • Research suggests that sexual identities (including gender identity, gender-role behavior, and sexual orientation) develop in much the same ways among children of lesbian mothers as they do among children of heterosexual parents.
  • There is no reliable evidence that homosexual orientation, per se, impairs psychological functioning. Second, beliefs that lesbian and gay adults are not fit parents have no empirical foundation.
  • There is no conclusive evidence that homosexuality is linked to one's environment. In other words, growing up in a gay couple household will not "make" a child gay.
  • Most children in the United States do not live with two married parents. In fact, according to the 2000 census, only 24% of homes were composed of a married mother and father with children living at home.
  • Studies have shown that children are more influenced by their interactions with their parents, than by their sexual orientation.
  • States and regions which explicitly allow for adoption by same-sex couples include California, Connecticut, Washington D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Vermont.
  • In states allowing gay individuals to adopt, Colorado, Ohio, Nebraska and Wisconsin have laws preventing second-parent adoptions.
For more information on LGBT adoption, same sex adoption or the adoption process, please contact us anytime. Or, feel free to take advantage of our free application. We look forward to connecting you with the perfect addition to your family.

It was never "settled" over 100 years.

Blah blah blah- why do you keep vomitting the exact same crap on the page?

Marriage is legal for Americans of any gender to marry any other gender now in all 50 states.

That is the fact.

Your thread a day doesn't change that fact.
It was already legal for any gender retard

Yes- it was legal even for a gender retard like you.

In all 50 states.
You were always able to marry another gender k

Now Americans can legally marry in all 50 states, regardless of the gender of their spouse.

Now even you can marry your gender retard.
I married a woman... not a pervert

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Marriage is legal for Americans of any gender to marry any other gender now in all 50 states.

That is the fact.

In all 50 states.

Now Americans can legally marry in all 50 states, regardless of the gender of their spouse.

Then why do you call her a gender retard?

That is the fact.

In all 50 states.

Your wife married the pervert. Someone with a perverted thought process.

In all 50 states.

Nope. Not a progressive so not a pervert or rapist

In all 50 states.

Nope. Not a progressive so not a pervert or rapistk

Oh I am sure she leaves all the raping to the 'Conservative' men in her life.

In all 50 states.

Here is a crazy SOB who you might know. Even crazier than you but probably smarter too....... maybe.

Louie Gohmert: 'It's Time To Start Impeaching Judges' For Marriage Equality Ruling Submitted by Miranda Blue on Monday, 1/25/2016 4:51 pm

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, said last week that “it’s time to start impeaching” Supreme Court justices in response to the Obergefell marriage equality ruling, which he called an “illegal decision” that amounted to the court declaring itself to be God. In an interview with Florida talk radio host Joyce Kaufman on Friday, Gohmert falsely claimed that church-state separation decisions in the 1950s and 1960s mandated that “you can’t talk about God in schools and public places.” But, he said, the Supreme Court did something even worse with Obergefell. “The Supreme Court said, ‘You know, we told you you couldn’t use ‘God,’ now here’s the new line: We’re God,’” he said. “‘We are your God. Forget what God, Moses, Jesus ever said, we are your God now, the five of us in the majority, you do as we tell you.’” Gohmert went on to repeat his call for Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan to be impeached for participating in the decision after having performed legal same-sex marriages. - See more at: Louie Gohmert: 'It's Time To Start Impeaching Judges' For Marriage Equality Ruling

THE
RIGHT’S MARRIAGE
MESSAGE http://www.politicalresearch.org/wp...3/01/PRA-Rights-Marriage-Message-Jan-2013.pdf

Talking Tolerance,
Marketing Inequality

FOR MUCH OF THE U.S. LGBTQ LIBERATION STRUGGLE, the religious Right has easily dominated political
discourse with homophobic rhetoric disguised as protecting “traditional” family values. In state after
state, LGBTQ rights forces lost to the Right in ballot fights. Then in the fall of 2012, same-sex marriage
wins swept four states.

For those wondering what happened, this retrospective report, The Right’s Marriage Message:
Talking Tolerance, Marketing Inequality
, begins to give some answers. Author David Dodge offers a
breadth of knowledge for marriage equality advocates interested in knowing the past in order to be
keenly aware of what kinds of rightwing tactics may emerge in the foreseeable future. Looking back
at the political messaging strategies of the Right in ballot struggles from 1998 to today, Dodge debunks
the notion that the Right wins only by speaking to its base. On the contrary, he finds the Right
is quite savvy in creating messages that work for a range of audiences, and that in 2012 it left one of
its most effective claims—that LGBTQ people somehow pose a threat to children—by the wayside.

Despite the wins, Dodge cautions us to remain vigilant of the ways in which the agile opposition
may regroup and retool their messaging for future battles in less hospitable states. They
may return to dark warnings of LGBTQ people’s threat to children or how LGBTQ marriage rights
somehow threaten the religious liberty of conservative Christians. Or they may double down on
efforts to create racial wedges after their tactics in Maryland—where 30 percent of the residents are
African American—failed to defeat a potent coalition led by progressive African-American clergy
and the NAACP.

Here is a crazy SOB who you might know. Even crazier than you but probably smarter too....... maybe.

Louie Gohmert: 'It's Time To Start Impeaching Judges' For Marriage Equality Ruling Submitted by Miranda Blue on Monday, 1/25/2016 4:51 pm

Rep. Louie Gohmert, R-Texas, said last week that “it’s time to start impeaching” Supreme Court justices in response to the Obergefell marriage equality ruling, which he called an “illegal decision” that amounted to the court declaring itself to be God. In an interview with Florida talk radio host Joyce Kaufman on Friday, Gohmert falsely claimed that church-state separation decisions in the 1950s and 1960s mandated that “you can’t talk about God in schools and public places.” But, he said, the Supreme Court did something even worse with Obergefell. “The Supreme Court said, ‘You know, we told you you couldn’t use ‘God,’ now here’s the new line: We’re God,’” he said. “‘We are your God. Forget what God, Moses, Jesus ever said, we are your God now, the five of us in the majority, you do as we tell you.’” Gohmert went on to repeat his call for Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagan to be impeached for participating in the decision after having performed legal same-sex marriages. - See more at: Louie Gohmert: 'It's Time To Start Impeaching Judges' For Marriage Equality Ruling
So? Some people don't want perversion legitimized. ..... I know it is that free speech thing you hate so much.

So? Some people don't want perversion legitimized. ..... I know it is that free speech thing you hate so much.

No Bubba, I don't hate free speech. You and Louie Gohmert and your ilk can spew as much stupid shit as you want. That's America. I hate the fact that you people think that you have the right to decide what perversion is and that you think that the government should regulate sexual behavior among consenting adults, and have the power to discriminate on the issue of marriage. Can you get that dude?

No Bubba, I don't hate free speech. You and Louie Gohmert and your ilk can spew as much stupid shit as you want. That's America. I hate the fact that you people think that you have the right to decide what perversion is and that you think that the government should regulate sexual behavior among consenting adults, and have the power to discriminate on the issue of marriage. Can you get that dude?

Conservatives always want to have Big Brother telling adults what kind of consensual sex they can have- preferably with the government in the bedroom making sure.

Wrong.

You're at liberty to express your ignorance, fear, and hate – and liberals will vigorously defend your right to do so.

But what you perceive to be 'perversion' is subjective and legally irrelevant, in no way 'justification' for denying gay Americans their right to due process and equal protection of the law by prohibiting them access to marriage contracts they're eligible to participate in; the 14th Amendment prohibits class legislation, such as seeking to disadvantage citizens through force of law for no other reason than who they are.

Wrong.

You're at liberty to express your ignorance, fear, and hate – and liberals will vigorously defend your right to do so.

But what you perceive to be 'perversion' is subjective and legally irrelevant, in no way 'justification' for denying gay Americans their right to due process and equal protection of the law by prohibiting them access to marriage contracts they're eligible to participate in; the 14th Amendment prohibits class legislation, such as seeking to disadvantage citizens through force of law for no other reason than who they are.
Lol you defend my right to say so now stfu? You regressives are all the same. You love free speech and government only as long as they do as you want. That is called authoritarian.

Wrong.

Lol you defend my right to say so now stfu? You regressives are all the same. You love free speech and government only as long as they do as you want. That is called authoritarian.

I feel sorry for people like you and feel fortunate that I am me I might have to coexists with your ilk but I thank the gods and goddesses every day that I am not YOU.

United Nations Launches First Official Campaign Against LGBT Discrimination

With Zachary Quinto narrating, the United Nations Human Rights office is offically recognizing the impact of LGBT discrimination in a new video campaign. Launched today, the powerful video is filled with statistics that highlight the intense discrimination the LGBT community faces on a regular basis:

-40 percent of homeless youth identify as LGBT

-Gay and lesbian youth are four times more likely to consider suicide

-Young trans individuals are 10 times more likely to have attempted or thought about suicide

-One-in-five LGBT individuals have experienced workplace discrimination in the past year

According to the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, the video "challenges the myth that the impact of LGBT discrimination is small, or marginal, or confined to only a small part of the community."

The United Nations Human Rights office wants everyone to understand that LGBT discrimination affects everyone.

"It’s not only LGBT people who pay the price; we all do. Every trans kid thrown out of home or forced out of school is a loss for society. Every gay or lesbian worker denied work or driven to emigrate is a lost opportunity."

By taking a stand against the homophobic and transphobic discrimination LGBT people are forced to endure, the United Nations is bringing much needed attention to the community.

Check out the video: United Nations Launches First Official Campaign Against LGBT Discrimination

When will the United Nations launch a campaign to protect children's rights to a mother and father in marriage? Because, no matter what the UN does or says, in America, New York vs Ferber says that adult "civil rights" (gay marriage isn't, but for argument's sake...) can't deprive a child psychologically. Single parenthood being BETTER than gay marriage because at least it offers the hope to the child that someday they'll have the missing parent.

A boy NEEDS a father. A girl NEEDS a mother. To create a tax-incentivized institution that strips them of that need for life violates NY v Ferber. Even if the adult civil right is rock solid; which Obergefell isn't..

When will the United Nations launch a campaign to protect children's rights to a mother and father in marriage? Because, no matter what the UN does or says, in America, New York vs Ferber says that adult "civil rights" (gay marriage isn't, but for argument's sake...) can't deprive a child psychologically. Single parenthood being BETTER than gay marriage because at least it offers the hope to the child that someday they'll have the missing parent.

A boy NEEDS a father. A girl NEEDS a mother. To create a tax-incentivized institution that strips them of that need for life violates NY v Ferber. Even if the adult civil right is rock solid; which Obergefell isn't..
This thread was about as stupid as stupid gets from the get go and it's been all down hill from there. If you believe your own inane equine excrement, the only conclusion that I can come to is that you yourself are stupid. I' out of here.

So, NY v Ferber is "inane excrement". I'll bet the Justices would be surprised to hear you regard their Decisions that way. Given NY v Ferber, I could just as easily declare Obergefell "inane excrement".

I think you're running away because there are serious points here even you can't spin away..

Forum List

Back