Is Elon's Cyber Truck bullet proof? Let's find out

There's armor and then there's armor.
But, even armor that will stop a 9mm is nothing to sneer at on a vehicle. Any bullet will go through most car doors like butter.

As someone who shot a bulletproof windshield that was dumped out in the woods when a kid..these guys are dumb. Those bullets can bounce back.
The Army put bullet-proof windows on the Hummers in Mogadishu in 93'......and I looked closely at the lettering on them.

They said "DON'T EXPOSE TO SUNLIGHT".

It takes a little practice. But they're loud as fuck. Almost makes it not worth shooting them.

If you have a crosswind they turn into the wind.

Only one of the Kuwaiti soldiers we were training could shoot one accurately.
Stadia sights for ranging and lead or something else? Doable on slow moving targets or just stationary?

Fort Knox, Kentucky, back when it was home of the Armor School. There have been a lot of bases and a lot of ranges since then.
I never was there. I was based at Ft. Benning, GA and for days at Ft. Dix NJ and flew out of Ft., McGuire and came back there from Frankfurt, Germany.

Sounds like plexiglass.
No.....it was glass.....also labeled bullet-proof, but some skinny put a 7.62mm round thru it the first time we went out.

This is what happens when you're in the military under a Democrat President.

They half-ass security and give you barely enough to get by on the bare minimums. The media rarely holds them accountable for military deaths.

I guess that comes from the fact that Democrats usually hate military types (because we're mostly white males).

First Clinton started shooting at the locals, which only pissed them off.

They had already confiscated their weapons and turned them over to the U.N. to guard.
We pulled a surprise inspection and discovered the UN commander had given their weapons back to them for cash.
So they started shooting at us....and a bunch of UN peacekeepers got butchered.....and Hillary had her war.

First they started trying to up-armer our Hummers by replacing the windshields with half-assed bullet-proof glass. Then they started gluing Kevlar blankets inside the door panels. That only made bullets bounce around the inside more than before.
Then they brought in thick Kevlar plates and resin glued them on the sides of the trucks. That only bottomed out the suspension. We went from getting 12 mpg to less than 7 mpg.

If Clinton would have stopped fucking with the skinnies, they would have left us alone, but he sent in Mini-chopper gunships and murdered a bunch of clan leaders meeting to sue for peace in one of the townhouses in Mogadishu. It was a BLOODBATH.
It was pretty much like Waco TX.

The Clintons caused Blackhawk Down by their negligence, their carelessness and their abuse of military fire-power.

No.....it was glass.....also labeled bullet-proof, but some skinny put a 7.62mm round thru it the first time we went out.

This is what happens when you're in the military under a Democrat President.

They half-ass security and give you barely enough to get by on the bare minimums. The media rarely holds them accountable for military deaths.

I guess that comes from the fact that Democrats usually hate military types (because we're mostly white males).

First Clinton started shooting at the locals, which only pissed them off.

They had already confiscated their weapons and turned them over to the U.N. to guard.
We pulled a surprise inspection and discovered the UN commander had given their weapons back to them for cash.
So they started shooting at us....and a bunch of UN peacekeepers got butchered.....and Hillary had her war.

First they started trying to up-armer our Hummers by replacing the windshields with half-assed bullet-proof glass. Then they started gluing Kevlar blankets inside the door panels. That only made bullets bounce around the inside more than before.
Then they brought in thick Kevlar plates and resin glued them on the sides of the trucks. That only bottomed out the suspension. We went from getting 12 mpg to less than 7 mpg.

If Clinton would have stopped fucking with the skinnies, they would have left us alone, but he sent in Mini-chopper gunships and murdered a bunch of clan leaders meeting to sue for peace in one of the townhouses in Mogadishu. It was a BLOODBATH.
It was pretty much like Waco TX.

The Clintons caused Blackhawk Down by their negligence, their carelessness and their abuse of military fire-power.
Wow, that's some stuff I never knew.

I never was there. I was based at Ft. Benning, GA and for days at Ft. Dix NJ and flew out of Ft., McGuire and came back there from Frankfurt, Germany.
I was in Ft Knox a few times,but only for field problems and training.
Went to PLDC and Air Borne Paratrooper School at Ft Benning.
I was only at Ft. Dix when I was doing my inprocessing paperwork and getting my clothing to go to my unit in Fort Gordon GA.
Fort Gordon was my AIT, and I spent a couple of years after that with 67th Signal Battalion.
From there I was sent to FRG and 26th Signal Batt. in Heilbronn.
That's where I was when I volunteered for SF Selection at Ft Bragg NC. in the 80s.
A 10th Group team leader convinced me to go SF when I was at Flint Kaserne, Bad Tolz FRG.
10th Group is in Colorado last I heard. They were in Germany till after Desert Storm.

I was only at Ft. Dix when I was doing my inprocessing paperwork and getting my clothing to go to my unit in Fort Gordon GA.
Fort Gordon was my AIT, and I spent a couple of years after that with 67th Signal Battalion.
That's where I was when I volunteered for SF Selection at Ft Bragg NC. in the 80s.
A 10th Group team leader convinced me to go SF when I was at Flint Kaserne, Bad Tolz FRG.
10th Group is in Colorado last I heard. They were in Germany till after Desert Storm.
That was a lot of traveling. I have been to Heidelberg north of Heilbronn, all along the Autobahn from Frankfurt to Wurzburg and based at Schweinfurt. I got as close to Munich as Nuremberg. I am wondering about Bad Tolz. I just checked and its next to some mountains. Seems the town is fairly flat. Is that correct?

That was a lot of traveling. I have been to Heidelberg north of Heilbronn, all along the Autobahn from Frankfurt to Wurzburg and based at Schweinfurt. I got as close to Munich as Nuremberg. I am wondering about Bad Tolz. I just checked and its next to some mountains. Seems the town is fairly flat. Is that correct?
I haven't even mentioned my time on ship traveling the Far East or my time in Special Forces.

I haven't even mentioned my time on ship traveling the Far East or my time in Special Forces.
I have not done that. Fortunately in 1962 to Germany I was taken there on an Air Force 4 prop plane. Came back to the US the same way. Got to land at both Newfoundland and Scotland.

Was Ft. Gordon closed? I recall a Ft? I hitched a ride from the highway going back to Ft. Benning. I had gone to the races at Darlington, SC and it was night when the guy that I rode to Darlington with had to head down to Florida. I worried about getting to Ft. Benning on time.

Newfoundland, Azores, Iceland, Greenland, Cairo, Spain, I forget all of the places.
How long were you in the Army? From the US to Frankfurt, the plane landed at Gander, Newfoundland and coming back over a year later landed at Harmon, Newfoundland. Coming back it landed earlier at Prestwick, Scotland.

How long were you in the Army? From the US to Frankfurt, the plane landed at Gander, Newfoundland and coming back over a year later landed at Harmon, Newfoundland. Coming back it landed earlier at Prestwick, Scotland.
I was in the Army a bit over 11 years. Got out on an early retirement when I was 38.

I was in the Army a bit over 11 years. Got out on an early retirement when I was 38.
I had 2 uncles that served long terms in the Army and one transferred to the Air Force. Gene and Alvin went in full time in 1939 and Gene (Sgt E5) was killed in Korea in 1950 and Alvin retired from the Air Force around 1980 as an E-9.

Forum List

Back