Is Elon's Cyber Truck bullet proof? Let's find out

This test makes sense if the truck will be used as an armored truck.

But let's test the doors to see if bullets penetrate the door.

Watch carefully.

Cool!
Twenty years in Armor, shooting all kinds of small arms, machine gun, grenade launchers, mortars, rockets, crew served weapons and tank main gun, and I still like to see the effect of a round going through metal vehicles. I could not possibly count the rounds I have put through armored through various armored vehicles, but I always liked it and still do.

Cool!
Twenty years in Armor, shooting all kinds of small arms, machine gun, grenade launchers, mortars, rockets, crew served weapons and tank main gun, and I still like to see the effect of a round going through metal vehicles. I could not possibly count the rounds I have put through armored through various armored vehicles, but I always liked it and still do.
You should try shooting an RPG.

You need ear plugs and earmuffs.

It's loud as fuck.

You should try shooting an RPG.

You need ear plugs and earmuffs.

It's loud as fuck.
I never had the opportunity. Sounds cool! What country were you in, if you can say.

Watch carefully.

Oh! I got one of those money clip things. I should use it.

I bet tomorrow the store guy get wadded up cash. :dunno:

Last edited:

Watch carefully.

As someone who shot a bulletproof windshield that was dumped out in the woods when a kid..these guys are dumb. Those bullets can bounce back.

Cool!
Soooo you're telling me that even armored cars are not truly armored.

Oh! I got one of those things. I should use it.

I bet tomorrow the store guy get wadded up cash. :dunno:
The truck, the .50 Cal or the wallet?

Cool!
I fired many weapons both as a CA Cadet in high school and later in the Army at Ft. Ord, CA. After I finished AIT, I only fired a Rocket Launcher in Germany several times. I suspect you guessed correctly what would pass through the door of the truck. I figured it out myself. They tore wires up using the .50 cal rounds. I did not fire that machine gun in the Army but shot one when a CA Cadet. This was CA notion of the ROTC.

The truck, the .50 Cal or the wallet?
The wallet thing. Somebody gave it to me. It's really nice, RFID and all that.

(Yeah, I have no idea) It has that stuff Newsvine was talking about.

Keeps people from scanning your cards.

As someone who shot a bulletproof windshield that was dumped out in the woods when a kid..these guys are dumb. Those bullets can bounce back.
The small cal bullets could have bounced off and back at the shooter. But this never happened for these guys.

The small cal bullets could have bounced off and back at the shooter. But this never happened for these guys.
That's not the same experience I had. I had a ricochet hit me in the calf.

Just on the outside and it bled a little. It was a .22 vs. a 2" thick bulletproof windshield.

It did nothing to the windshield.

It definitely could have for those guys, and they were about the same distance away I was.

That was enough of that.

Last edited:
I fired many weapons both as a CA Cadet in high school and later in the Army at Ft. Ord, CA. After I finished AIT, I only fired a Rocket Launcher in Germany several times. I suspect you guessed correctly what would pass through the door of the truck. I figured it out myself. They tore wires up using the .50 cal rounds. I did not fire that machine gun in the Army but shot one when a CA Cadet. This was CA notion of the ROTC.
Cool. I grew up shooting, hunting, etc and could hit anything I aimed at, long before Army. In basic I was a natural shooter on any range. It was 11Delta Armored Reconnaissance Scout, One Unit Station Training, Basic and AIT, so I got trained on M-16, M-60 Machine Gun, M2 .50 Machine gun, as well as adjusting Mortar fire, hand grenades and L.A.W. Rockets, along with live Demolition Training with a variety of explosives and detonators electric and non-electric for cratering, breaching and ditching. I loved anything that went bang or boom, treating all with the respect, all that firepower deserves and before I left, had qualified Expert level and badge on everything I touched. I still get to ranges frequently for pistol, AR, and shotgun, and am a licensed conceal carrier.

Watch carefully.

Dude, an up-armored humvee won't stop a .50.

Hell, even a bradley won't stop one anywhere except on the front plate.

Dude, an up-armored humvee won't stop a .50.

Hell, even a bradley won't stop one anywhere except on the front plate.
That was not in the Test. But I believe you are correct.

I am posting a story about UFOs in Alaska but not in this thread.

Cool. I grew up shooting, hunting, etc and could hit anything I aimed at, long before Army. In basic I was a natural shooter on any range. It was 11Delta Armored Reconnaissance Scout, One Unit Station Training, Basic and AIT, so I got trained on M-16, M-60 Machine Gun, M2 .50 Machine gun, as well as adjusting Mortar fire, hand grenades and L.A.W. Rockets, along with live Demolition Training with a variety of explosives and detonators electric and non-electric for cratering, breaching and ditching. I loved anything that went bang or boom, treating all with the respect, all that firepower deserves and before I left, had qualified Expert level and badge on everything I touched. I still get to ranges frequently for pistol, AR, and shotgun, and am a licensed conceal carrier.
I appreciate what you did. Where did you have Basic?

I appreciate what you did. Where did you have Basic?
Fort Knox, Kentucky, back when it was home of the Armor School. There have been a lot of bases and a lot of ranges since then.

Forum List

Back