Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

I enjoy Christmas movies, and since you say you're a Christian I wish you a Merry Christmas it's no sweat off my back but your attitude is very unchristian like. Peace on Earth and Goodwill towards all men, all people. Jesus did not make any exceptions. If a person that does not know you wishes you happy holidays they do it with the best intentions they do not do it to try to hurt you.
And have the same attitude if someone says "Merry Christmas". Now stop your complaining. Merry Christmas.

And have the same attitude if someone says "Merry Christmas". Now stop your complaining. Merry Christmas.
I can accept that it's not a problem even though I'm not a Christian. And I'm not the one that's complaining. Try to have a good day, I plan on it. Everyday I live I give thanks to GOD.
Just in case you're wondering, I don't fit into any religious category. I am essentially a believer in a Creator that does not require anything from his creations.

I can accept that it's not a problem even though I'm not a Christian. And I'm not the one that's complaining. Try to have a good day, I plan on it. Everyday I live I give thanks to GOD.

Just in case you're wondering, I don't fit into any religious category. I am essentially a believer in a Creator that does not require anything from his creations.
Good for you. Merry Christmas.

Heard it all before from you hypocrites.
What can I say, I feel real sorry for you you got a person that you don't know who says happy holidays to you because they don't know if you're a Christian or not it's something to get upset about you must have a pretty good life if that's your biggest problem you choose to create.

Heard it all before from you hypocrites.
That's correct you've heard it all before probably but you didn't listen you didn't learn anything. We are very fortunate to live in the United States, it is predominantly a Christian country and the government protects everyone's rights pretty good. I live in a small town of about 10,000. We have at least a dozen Christian churches of all denominations including Mormons and Jehovah witnesses. Buddhists are building a monastery here now, unfortunately some people reacted in fear and didn't want them to build it here but the Tri-Faith commission of Nebraska welcomed them with open arms. The Tri-Faith Commission represents the combined efforts of Christians, Jews and Muslims working together for the common good in Nebraska. To me that is what Christianity should be. Selfishness and piety have no place in it.

The light you speak of is natural,

You never had been in a comparable situation - you never saw what I saw - but you know it better. I did by the way never think I saw something what was real, so another man had been able to see the same in the same moment. I saw something what had been 'psychologically'. Indeed is everything what we see 'only' something what our brain 'tells' us.

as everything is of GOD. Religious gods are not natural, they are of man's imagination.

Hmmm ... one of the most interesting paradoxons of the religious belief of many atheists is the belief that this belief is not a belief.

Last edited:
That's correct you've heard it all before probably but you didn't listen you didn't learn anything. We are very fortunate to live in the United States, it is predominantly a Christian country and the government protects everyone's rights pretty good. I live in a small town of about 10,000. We have at least a dozen Christian churches of all denominations including Mormons and Jehovah witnesses.

As far as I heard Mormons and Jehova's witnesses are no Christians.

Buddhists are building a monastery here now, unfortunately some people reacted in fear and didn't want them to build it here but the Tri-Faith commission of Nebraska welcomed them with open arms. The Tri-Faith Commission represents the combined efforts of Christians, Jews and Muslims working together for the common good in Nebraska. To me that is what Christianity should be. Selfishness and piety have no place in it.

And also this is a typical attitude of many beliefers in atheism. They think they have the right to define what and how others should be.

Last edited:
You never had been in a comparable situation - you never saw what I saw - but you know it better. I did by the way never think I saw something what was real, so another man had been able to see the same in the same moment. I saw something what had been 'psychologically'. Indeed is everything what we see 'only' something what our brain 'tells' us.

Hmmm ... one of the most interesting paradoxons of the religious belief of many atheists is the belief that this belief is not a belief.
We had different experiences with gods / GOD. Both were very personal. And I repeat I am a deist of sorts, I am not an atheist. In my experience I became one with GOD, no matter what you do, you still see yourself as separate from your god.

We had different experiences with gods / GOD. Both were very personal. And I repeat I am a deist of sorts, I am not an atheist. In my experience I became one with GOD, no matter what you do, you still see yourself as separate from your god.
I am and will always be one with GOD. This is an eternal bond. It is my belief that we are all such beings in the true reality of this great adventure we know as life. You are never alone, you just have that illusion.

And also this is a typical attitude of many beliefers in atheism. They think they have the right to define what and how others should be.

I like the way your mind works, you are on a path and your reality will soon be turned up on end. Do not fear, the reality is, that there is no death. There is nothing to fear.

We had different experiences with gods / GOD.

Gods and god are two totally different things. In the US-American world the typical structure of such discussions is that modern atheists repeat the arguments of traditional Christians for monotheism against polytheism and make the mistake to include monotheism into polytheism.

Both were very personal.

Personal Jesus? I heard that. But I don't know what this could mean. Jesus is always Jesus for everyone. No one has an own Jesus which says the opposite of the Jesus of another one. It exist not many truthes - it exists only one truth.

And I repeat I am a deist of sorts, I am not an atheist.

So you seem to think a god (or many gods) exist (whatever this could be in this context) - but no one has any message from this god and/or gods. Or with other words: You like the idea that only "rationality" is god. Why you think so - if you really think so - is a secret to me.

The bible is in this case much more concrete. "In the beginning was the word (=logos) and the word (=logos) was with god and god was the word (=logos)" - that's the Christian creation story. God is rationality pure (the way - or better to say all possible ways for all possible beings). But god is also the love = the direction - or the compass - for to find the right individual way. Rationality is able to be unbelievable cruel without love.
Logos alone - for example mathematics including music - needs orientation, needs priorities, needs love - because it's easy to go lost in this never ending world of never ending possibilities.

In my experience I became one with GOD,

You became what? Do you take yourselve serios when you say such a nonsense? ... Hmm ... as far as I remember did not even Meister Eckhardt become "one with god" - whatever this could be, because god is not only god as he had been since ever - god is also always new.

no matter what you do,

¿No matter what I do? Everything is always with anything else in co-existence. I don't think we are really able to seperate anything from each other. The problem is not to get lost and to find always again the right way.

you still see yourself as separate from your god.

God is creator. I am creation. I'm a child of god but I'm not god. No one and nothing should be god for anyone except god. This "tell" us all the people who failed when they made might or money or anything else to their "personal" god.

If your only prayer you ever say in your entire life is 'thank you', it will be enough
Meister Eckhart

I am and will always be one with GOD. This is an eternal bond. It is my belief that we are all such beings in the true reality of this great adventure we know as life. You are never alone, you just have that illusion.

Never anyone is alone. To "know" this or not to "know" is the little difference. That's part of the 'good message'.

You do understand that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th. When Christianity became the state religion, Jesus Christ replaced the king of the gods Saturn. Who was celebrated on December 25th. Historians of basically proven Jesus was born in the fall, primarily because the flocks of sheep were still in the fields. Long before December sheep were gathered up and corraled.
You do understand that the propaganda you are spouting has been untrue since it's inception... Christmas is December 25th... always has been and always will be.

Gods and god are two totally different things. In the US-American world the typical structure of such discussions is that modern atheists repeat the arguments of traditional Christians for monotheism against polytheism and make the mistake to include monotheism into polytheism.

Personal Jesus? I heard that. But I don't know what this could mean. Jesus is always Jesus for everyone. No one has an own Jesus which says the opposite of the Jesus of another one. It exist not many truthes - it exists only one truth.

So you seem to think a god (or many gods) exist (whatever this could be in this context) - but no one has any message from this god and/or gods. Or with other words: You like the idea that only "rationality" is god. Why you think so - if you really think so - is a secret to me.

The bible is in this case much more concrete. "In the beginning was the word (=logos) and the word (=logos) was with god and god was the word (=logos)" - that's the Christian creation story. God is rationality pure (the way - or better to say all possible ways for all possible beings). But god is also the love = the direction - or the compass - for to find the right individual way. Rationality is able to be unbelievable cruel without love.
Logos alone - for example mathematics including music - needs orientation, needs priorities, needs love - because it's easy to go lost in this never ending world of never ending possibilities.

You became what? Do you take yourselve serios when you say such a nonsense? ... Hmm ... as far as I remember did not even Meister Eckhardt become "one with god" - whatever this could be, because god is not only god as he had been since ever - god is also always new.

¿No matter what I do? Everything is always with anything else in co-existence. I don't think we are really able to seperate anything from each other. The problem is not to get lost and to find always again the right way.

God is creator. I am creation. I'm a child of god but I'm not god. No one and nothing should be god for anyone except god. This "tell" us all the people who failed when they made might or money or anything else to their "personal" god.

If your only prayer you ever say in your entire life is 'thank you', it will be enough
Meister Eckhart

I guess I was wrong about you. I thought there was hope for you to see the light. You are still stuck in the trap that everyone falls into in this world. I had hoped better for you, but all your efforts have only succeeded in deepening the well you fallen into. If you grow weary of your dank abode and begin to seek the truth, I may still be here to help you. But I'm not going to be here much longer. My time grow short for this world. I will soon become one with the Creator again. May your way serve you well.

You do understand that the propaganda you are spouting has been untrue since it's inception... Christmas is December 25th... always has been and always will be.
The Catholic Church declared December 25th Christ's birthday under the reign of emperor Constantine in the year 336 ad. This is documented history, all you need to do is look it up for yourself and then you will begin to understand the truth about Christianity.

Never anyone is alone. To "know" this or not to "know" is the little difference. That's part of the 'good message'.
This message cannot be found in a book, it is the truth of our reality in this realm, in this world.

Forum List

Back