Is Christmas a Christian (or Catholic) Holiday?

Scientology is a full on cult. You are fleeced into buying their materials and if you don't you don't move up into their circles of whatever. People take out 2nd mortgages on their homes etc. They send their children off to serve as indentured servants for celebrity scientologists, they have to get--oh, audited, they call it. They ask you a bunch of invasive personal questions while you're hooked up to machines. .....
All true particularly the part about it being a "cult".
..... Yeah, not like Christianity at all.
Christianity is very much like Scientology. It is also a "cult" - an offshoot of Judaism that denies the fundamental prophecies of the Messiah and Monotheism.

All true particularly the part about it being a "cult".

Christianity is very much like Scientology. It is also a "cult" - an offshoot of Judaism that denies the fundamental prophecies of the Messiah and Monotheism.

Christianity is not a cult

I find it hilarious that a holy day (holiday) that was named "Christ's Mass" contracted to the tag now known as Christmas is now something other than what it is...

Everyone loves Boxing Day or otherwise known as Feast of Stephen...when we celebrate the first Martyr after Jesus. Boxing Day is the gift giving element of Christmas which for centuries was the day After Christmas....now all rolled into one holiday. *Sigh*.

I find it hilarious that a holy day (holiday) that was named "Christ's Mass" contracted to the tag now known as Christmas is now something other than what it is...

Everyone loves Boxing Day or otherwise known as Feast of Stephen...when we celebrate the first Martyr after Jesus. Boxing Day is the gift giving element of Christmas which for centuries was the day After Christmas....now all rolled into one holiday. *Sigh*.
Oh well, it's all about superstition anyway and it's a boom for Westfield.

I don't care if you worship a depression in the ground or a malignant tumour but tell me it is God like.

Believe what you want but it's still rubbish.

I do not believe what I want - I believe what's most plausible to me. I have not any problem to think life will end one day forever. A comfortable situation which not worries me. But I doubt this is the real reality where Eva lives and will meet some of her friends again.

Panta rhei. Christmas is Christmas - but every year another Christmas.

Sorry. But what is your problem with Christmas?

Panta rhei. Christmas is Christmas - but every year another Christmas.

Sorry. But what is your problem with Christmas?
I have no problem with Christmas whatsoever...
It is one of my favorite holidays. I celebrate it hard....I give away thousands of cookies and homemade gourmet chocolate truffles every year....I also make blank gingerbread houses for kids to decorate.

I talk freely about Jesus' birthday and even sing the birthday song to him.

So I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about.

I have no problem with Christmas whatsoever...

Aha.

It is one of my favorite holidays. I celebrate it hard....I give away thousands of cookies and homemade gourmet chocolate truffles every year....I also make blank gingerbread houses for kids to decorate.

I talk freely about Jesus' birthday and even sing the birthday song to him.

So I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about.

In the last comments here I speak with English believers in atheism about their nonsense and try to give them a chance to correct their worst mistakes.

I repeat my Christmas message for Americans of all types.

In the U.S. we celebrate two unrelated feasts on the same day. One of them, called Christmas, is a religious holy day when Christians celebrate the Nativity - the assumption of human form by God, facilitating the forgiveness of sins and the redemption of the human race. We celebrate the holy day with congregational prayer, family prayer, images of an infant in a stable...you know the drill.

The second feast is called, "Christmas." It is a secular holiday celebrating - more or less - the Winter Solstice, when the days starting getting longer marking the coming of spring. It is celebrated by decorating a tree, exchanging gifts, and that whole drill.

We are all free to celebrate both, either, or neither of these feasts. When someone wishes you a "Merry Christmas," they are usually referring to the secular holiday, and there is no intention to proselytize any religion or insult those who don't celebrate the religious feast.

Deal with it.

I repeat my Christmas message for Americans of all types.

In the U.S. we celebrate two unrelated feasts on the same day. One of them, called Christmas, is a religious holy day when Christians celebrate the Nativity - the assumption of human form by God, facilitating the forgiveness of sins and the redemption of the human race. We celebrate the holy day with congregational prayer, family prayer, images of an infant in a stable...you know the drill.

The second feast is called, "Christmas." It is a secular holiday celebrating - more or less - the Winter Solstice, when the days starting getting longer marking the coming of spring. It is celebrated by decorating a tree, exchanging gifts, and that whole drill.

We are all free to celebrate both, either, or neither of these feasts. When someone wishes you a "Merry Christmas," they are usually referring to the secular holiday, and there is no intention to proselytize any religion or insult those who don't celebrate the religious feast.

Deal with it.
Don't have to deal with it, appreciate it, to which I reply, " Happy holidays ! " Which compliments all, and offends none.

I do not believe what I want - I believe what's most plausible to me. I have not any problem to think life will end one day forever. A comfortable situation which not worries me. But I doubt this is the real reality where Eva lives and will meet some of her friends again.

Nice music. Hope for the hopeless. How do people allow themselves to become so hopeless and gullible.

Forum List

Back