Is Bowe Bergdahl a disgrace to the Uniform he wore?

• Yes. He deserted his post.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Maybe. I don't consider it desertion.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013

This is is just a poll thread to see where people stand by the numbers.

UCMJ - Article 99 - Misbehavior before the enemy

“Any member of the armed forces who before or in the presence of the enemy—

(1) runs away;

(2) shamefully abandons, surrenders, or delivers up any command, unit, place, or military property which it is his duty to defend;

(3) through disobedience, neglect, or intentional misconduct endangers the safety of any such command, unit, place, or military property;

(4) casts away his arms or ammunition;

(5) is guilty of cowardly conduct;

(6) quits his place of duty to plunder or pillage;

(7) causes false alarms in any command, unit, or place under control of the armed forces;

(8) willfully fails to do his utmost to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy any enemy troops, combatants, vessels, aircraft, or any other thing, which it is his duty so to encounter, engage, capture, or destroy; or

(9) does not afford all practicable relief and assistance to any troops, combatants, vessels, or aircraft of the armed forces belonging to the United States or their allies when engaged in battle; shall be punished by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.”

The real "shame" here is how quickly conservatives turn on US troops.

Pat Tillman.
Jessica Lynch.
Tammy Duckworth.
Bowe Bergdhal.

Conservative truly are like scorpions on the backs of frogs.

Considering every soldier he served with has confirmed that he walked off of his post yes.

No.

Actually, it's American conservatives who don't know all the facts and have condemned Sgt Bergdahl without even giving him a chance to tell his story who are the disgrace. They're modern-day anti-American conservatives who are more likely to take the word of the Taliban than they are to give an American POW the benefit of the doubt.

Would conservatives of the 1970s and 80s be taking this kind of position against an American soldier if the Soviet Union was releasing propaganda statements against an American soldier? I don't think so. How about conservatives of the 1940s when America was fighting Nazis and the Empire of Japan? Would THOSE conservatives take the word of the propaganda apparatus of those totalitarian regimes? I think not. But today is different.

Why? Because it gives them an opportunity to assail a commander-in-chief who's a president not of their choosing. That's why.

Ever hear of E Pluribus Unum? It means "Out of many, ONE! It doesn't just mean people from many countries make the one country that is America. It implies that we, conservatives and liberals, are ALL Americans. Modern-day American conservatives no longer believe that. If you think I'm wrong, recall former Republican VP candidate, Sarah Palin. When she was campaigning for office in 2008, when she went to certain parts of the country which were/are more conservative politically than other parts of the country, Palin referred to these areas as the REAL America. Really, Sarah? I don't remember seeing degrees of citizenship in the US Constitution anywhere. Americans who don't share your views are JUST as American as you are, Sarah. Maybe more so considering most Americans don't flirt with a separatist political party like the Alaskan Independence Party like Sarah's husband, Todd, did who was a member of the AIP from 1995 until 2002.

The modern-day anti-American attitudes and sentiments of the conservative movement is shameful and I call on ALL Americans to renounce that unpatriotic movement.

The bigger disgrace was having released the 5 Taliban leaders in exchange for Private Bergdahl.

"After arriving in Qatar, Noorullah Noori kept insisting he would go to Afghanistan and fight American forces there,” a Taliban commander told NBC News via telephone from Afghanistan.

Freed Taliban Commander Tells Relative He'll Fight Americans Again - NBC News

Obama knew that this was a possibility before releasing the Taliban and apparently was still willing to sacrifice other American soldiers in order to make the trade.

Blame lies with the army for allowing this brain damaged coward into the army to begin with......there was plenty of info available on this psycho beforehand...

Calling him a disgrace is being kind....

This is is just a poll thread to see where people stand by the numbers.

the Military hasn't called him a disgrace as of yet, why would you need a poll from partisan hacks to see where Bowe stands in the mind of the country ?

No.

Actually, it's American conservatives who don't know all the facts and have condemned Sgt Bergdahl without even giving him a chance to tell his story who are the disgrace. They're modern-day anti-American conservatives who are more likely to take the word of the Taliban than they are to give an American POW the benefit of the doubt.

Would conservatives of the 1970s and 80s be taking this kind of position against an American soldier if the Soviet Union was releasing propaganda statements against an American soldier? I don't think so. How about conservatives of the 1940s when America was fighting Nazis and the Empire of Japan? Would THOSE conservatives take the word of the propaganda apparatus of those totalitarian regimes? I think not. But today is different.

Why? Because it gives them an opportunity to assail a commander-in-chief who's a president not of their choosing. That's why.

Ever hear of E Pluribus Unum? It means "Out of many, ONE! It doesn't just mean people from many countries make the one country that is America. It implies that we, conservatives and liberals, are ALL Americans. Modern-day American conservatives no longer believe that. If you think I'm wrong, recall former Republican VP candidate, Sarah Palin. When she was campaigning for office in 2008, when she went to certain parts of the country which were/are more conservative politically than other parts of the country, Palin referred to these areas as the REAL America. Really, Sarah? I don't remember seeing degrees of citizenship in the US Constitution anywhere. Americans who don't share your views are JUST as American as you are, Sarah. Maybe more so considering most Americans don't flirt with a separatist political party like the Alaskan Independence Party like Sarah's husband, Todd, did who was a member of the AIP from 1995 until 2002.

The modern-day anti-American attitudes and sentiments of the conservative movement is shameful and I call on ALL Americans to renounce that unpatriotic movement.

Let's see, Mustangs opinion ensconced in anti conservative rant......or the statements of everyone he serve with CONFIRMING he walked away from his post....

Gosh this is a tough choice....

Last edited:
Blame lies with the army for allowing this brain damaged coward into the army to begin with......there was plenty of info available on this psycho beforehand...

Calling him a disgrace is being kind....

Link it

No.

Let's see, Mustangs opinion ensconced in anti conservative rant......or the statements of everyone he serve with CONFIRMING he walked away from his poat....

Gosh this is a tough choice....

Who's 'everyone'?

And I look forward to these "guys" testifying under oath during a trial.

Don't you?

We know a couple of things. We know he walked off his post and we know he hated the Army and possibly his Country. It isn't necessary to know why in order to judge his actions.

Forum List

Back