Is anyone gonna miss John Boehner?

Will you miss John Boehner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, you're missing something, leaders aren't always right.

That is a very immature approach to life. Weren't your parents ever wrong when you were a child? Mine were.

That's totally irrelevant except in very extreme cases.

So we should just go along like drones even if we think our leaders are wrong? Isn't that how Hitler was able to rule Germany?

It's sad to see such a servile bootlicking toady in the Republican party. You belong in the communist party.

John Boehner warns of GOP's "false prophets" in D.C.

Just reading this weasel's parting words; it got me to thinking, is anyone gonna miss this guy? If so, explain.

The person who takes his place as speaker of the house will miss him greatly . The elected Republicans aren't team players. The position of speaker isn't respected. Despising partisan politics is the cool thing now. If you defy the leadership in your party then you have people's loyalty forever. My congressman (Walter Jones) is the worst offender. He is more loyal to God and country than he is to the Republican Party. It is no surprise that Boehner got burnt. The Republican is help bent on being as weak as possible. Who wants to the leader of destructionist morons?

Boehner was ineffective. I'm not sure that can all be credited to him.

Worst offender? More loyal to God and Country than he is to the party. Guess what hero, his oath of office compels him to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, not the republican party. People who put party above country are the problem, not the solution.

Who is your favorite comic book hero?

Democrats didn't use this looking strategy to pass the Affordable Care Act.

This is reality not the comic books where the good guy always wins.

We have team Republican and team Democrat. One will win and one will lose. I don't want it to be my party just because they enjoy reading childish fairy tales.

What a pathetic naive response, I've never been into comics even as a kid. I do know that every person elected to congress takes an oath to leave party at the door, when they start doing that and legislating by the Constitution, maybe, just maybe this country will prosper again.

Run as an independent. Stop hijacking the party.

No, I prefer to hold people to their oath, if they can't perform their duties accordingly they need to go.

I dont care who it is, you can never get worse than that bitch Pelosi that you all had running the country into the ground.
Just one problem for you, she was actually effective at her job, herding cats.
just one problem for you. She herded them to destruction of the country.
but, I guess since that's exactly what the liberals want, I can see where you might consider her effective

Destruction of the country? Did I miss a major event in history? Don't be so dramatic. The country didn't get destroyed. It just took a direction that I didn't like.

Look up destruction in the dictionary.

The country took a direction of swirling down the toilet bowl.

I don't how a country can fit in a toilet bowl but I do know the country wasn't destroyed because they did something that I didn't like.

Destroyed means obliterated and it doesn't exist anymore.

The Constitutional Republic we once had doesn't exist any more.

but, I guess since that's exactly what the liberals want, I can see where you might consider her effective

Destruction of the country? Did I miss a major event in history? Don't be so dramatic. The country didn't get destroyed. It just took a direction that I didn't like.

I don't how a country can fit in a toilet bowl but I do know the country wasn't destroyed because they did something that I didn't like.

I think this guy is what Rush calls a "seminar caller." He's a shill doing the bidding of the Democrat party.

The RINOs are running the party, numskull. Voting with the party means voting to screw the rank-and-file Republicans who put them in office. That's why the RINOs are getting the boot. Selling out the country is not "right." That's what your back stabbing RINOs have done.

I am not clear how you define RINO. However I will set that aside for the moment. Let me explain how partisan politics works.

A person decides to run for congress. First he/she aligns with the party that is closest to their political beliefs. It won't be an exact fit but at least he/she is moving in the right direction. That takes maturity and compromise to make that decision. Someone who can't find a good party chooses to be an independent candidate.

Once elected the congressman has to select the Speaker of the House that represents his values as closely as possible. As a freshman congressman he can't select himself therefore the person won't represent his/her values exactly verbatim. That decision takes maturity and compromise. It isn't an exact fit but at least he is moving in the right direction but further away from the perfect direction.

Now that all of the congressmen have picked the best person to represent their values in a practical situation it is now time to get things done. Since they already picked the best person then it is totally reasonable to trust this person as their leader.

Then the congressman argues, fights, throws a temper tantrum and even adds his two cents into the decision making process. The leader takes all input into consideration and brings a compromised bill to the floor. It isn't an exact fit to match every single person in congress' values exactly but at least it is moving in the right direction. At this point it is way off from the perfect direction.

Now sense all people have worked to moved the country in the right direction they now have a sensible and practical piece of legislation that will move forward sense all persons involved have given their input into the process. Every person loses their identity and joins the party and votes, "Yea" on the final product.

Now the country is further in the right direction than it was previously. It wasn't a complete 180 degree turn but it was possibly a 1 degree or a 10 degree turn in the right direction. The country is better off than it was previously.

Making the country better is never a bad thing.

This concludes my class on how partisan politics is a great thing.

Yep, you're missing something, leaders aren't always right.

That is a very immature approach to life. Weren't your parents ever wrong when you were a child? Mine were.

That's totally irrelevant except in very extreme cases.

So you're so young your only reference is your parents and you call me immature. Get some real life experience and get back to me.

The RINOs are running the party, numskull. Voting with the party means voting to screw the rank-and-file Republicans who put them in office. That's why the RINOs are getting the boot. Selling out the country is not "right." That's what your back stabbing RINOs have done.

I am not clear how you define RINO. However I will set that aside for the moment. Let me explain how partisan politics works.

A person decides to run for congress. First he/she aligns with the party that is closest to their political beliefs. It won't be an exact fit but at least he/she is moving in the right direction. That takes maturity and compromise to make that decision. Someone who can't find a good party chooses to be an independent candidate.

Once elected the congressman has to select the Speaker of the House that represents his values as closely as possible. As a freshman congressman he can't select himself therefore the person won't represent his/her values exactly verbatim. That decision takes maturity and compromise. It isn't an exact fit but at least he is moving in the right direction but further away from the perfect direction.

Now that all of the congressmen have picked the best person to represent their values in a practical situation it is now time to get things done. Since they already picked the best person then it is totally reasonable to trust this person as their leader.

Then the congressman argues, fights, throws a temper tantrum and even adds his two cents into the decision making process. The leader takes all input into consideration and brings a compromised bill to the floor. It isn't an exact fit to match every single person in congress' values exactly but at least it is moving in the right direction. At this point it is way off from the perfect direction.

Now sense all people have worked to moved the country in the right direction they now have a sensible and practical piece of legislation that will move forward sense all persons involved have given their input into the process. Every person loses their identity and joins the party and votes, "Yea" on the final product.

Now the country is further in the right direction than it was previously. It wasn't a complete 180 degree turn but it was possibly a 1 degree or a 10 degree turn in the right direction. The country is better off than it was previously.

your assumption fails with thinking all turns are in the right direction. They are not. and right now the turns are all heading us away from what made this country great and into what makes Europe suck.

:( Awww Bless your little heart. Do you think you will make it? :itsok:

When you get done crying over your loss come and join us in the big boy department.

The Constitutional Republican we once had doesn't exist any more. So what!! Let's work with what we have instead of having an orgy of nostalgia. Let's be realistic and effective instead of whiny and worthless.

Does that make any sense? Surely it does at least make a little bit of sense.

Cleaning up spilled milk is better than repeating how much better it was when the milk was in the cup.

Last edited:

your assumption fails with thinking all turns are in the right direction. They are not. and right now the turns are all heading us away from what made this country great and into what makes Europe suck.

Go back to the first step. You have to align with the party that you agree with. My scenario was for a freshman congressman that chose to align with the party who won the majority.

When you get done crying over your loss come and join us in the big boy department.

The Constitutional Republican we once had doesn't exist any more. So what!! Let's work with what we have instead of having an orgy of nostalgia. Let's be realistic and effective instead of whiny and worthless.

Cleaning up spilled milk is better than repeating how much better it was when the milk was in the cup.

So what!!, fuck off and die commie. I took an oath to support and defend the CONSTITUTION, not the bullshit we have now. You just admitted you have no principles, so go away child, you are dismissed.

You're an idiot. Please register as a Democrat. You don't belong in the Republican party. Your kind of thinking is exactly why Boehner got the boot.

John Boehner warns of GOP's "false prophets" in D.C.

Just reading this weasel's parting words; it got me to thinking, is anyone gonna miss this guy? If so, explain.

The person who takes his place as speaker of the house will miss him greatly . The elected Republicans aren't team players. The position of speaker isn't respected. Despising partisan politics is the cool thing now. If you defy the leadership in your party then you have people's loyalty forever. My congressman (Walter Jones) is the worst offender. He is more loyal to God and country than he is to the Republican Party. It is no surprise that Boehner got burnt. The Republican is help bent on being as weak as possible. Who wants to the leader of destructionist morons?

Boehner was ineffective. I'm not sure that can all be credited to him.

Worst offender? More loyal to God and Country than he is to the party. Guess what hero, his oath of office compels him to support and defend the Constitution of the United States, not the republican party. People who put party above country are the problem, not the solution.

Then I guess we don't have a problem in the Republican party. My mistake.

So you think being "strong" means caving to Democrats and giving them whatever they want.

I'll bet you wonder why RINOs like you are despised by most Republicans.

Wait!! Your definition of RINO is someone who is loyal to the party?

I would define it as the exact opposite.

Either I am an idiot or you are an idiot.

One of us is unqualified to decide who the idiot is.

Is a RINO someone who votes with the Republicans no matter what? or

Is a RINO someone who votes against the party when the party is wrong?

Maybe I should start a poll because it is obvious that one of us is wrong.

How about someone who votes with the Democrats all the time?

So what!!, fuck off and die commie. I took an oath to support and defend the CONSTITUTION, not the bullshit we have now. You just admitted you have no principles, so go away child, you are dismissed.

You are not supposed to have principles. I never denied that. It is the point I have been desperately trying to make.

You're an idiot. Please register as a Democrat. You don't belong in the Republican party. Your kind of thinking is exactly why Boehner got the boot.

In other words, "stop being effective".

Got it. I guess I will just whine about the way it should be.

Register as a democrat and vote loyally with the democrats? How does that help you exactly?

Typical Tea Party logic. It is better to help the enemy. :wtf:

Register as a democrat and vote loyally with the democrats? How does that help you exactly?
the chain is always stronger once the weak links are removed

In other words, "stop being effective".

Got it. I guess I will just whine about the way it should be.
These bozos would rather be powerless but ideological pure than cut deals and deal with compromise meaning, reality.

the chain is always stronger once the weak links are removed
Great, except this is your chain now:
Korea_type_short_Chain.jpg

As all boys know, size does indeed matter...

Forum List

Back