Is anyone as sick of this as I am--FBI director Comey breaks FBI-DOJ protocol

How is that relevant to the topic?
From the article: "State lawyers told federal judge James Boasberg on Monday they expected to release the emails in batches on 14, 21 and 28 October and 4 November. The election, against Republican nominee Donald Trump, takes place on 8 November."

They missed the first 3 deadlines, but made an announcement on the third date. This was before Wikileaks. I don't have clear answers, just more questions.

From the article: "State lawyers told federal judge James Boasberg on Monday they expected to release the emails in batches on 14, 21 and 28 October and 4 November. The election, against Republican nominee Donald Trump, takes place on 8 November."

They missed the first 3 deadlines, but made an announcement on the third date. This was before Wikileaks. I don't have clear answers, just more questions.
I got that, but the discovery of the new emails was announced yesterday and irrelevant a two-month old article. It is very unlikely these emails will see the light of day until well after the election.

To be fair, I think I might be wrong about Wikileaks, they seem to be before the August announcement, I don't know if all the Wikileaks emails were revealed before.

Last edited:
To be fair, I think I might be wrong about Wikileaks, they seem to be before the August announcement, I don't know if all the Wikileaks.
We are not talking about wikileaks or the new emails, rather of the emails State Department the FBI has already combed through. Those emails could be embarrassing, but not the potential bombshells of the other sources.

To be fair, I think I might be wrong about Wikileaks, they seem to be before the August announcement, I don't know if all the Wikileaks.
We are not talking about wikileaks or the new emails, rather of the emails State Department the FBI has already combed through. Those emails could be embarrassing, but not the potential bombshells of the other sources.
I know what you're saying, but it's also not clear if they are not one and the same, considering Wikileaks were not officially recognized.

I know what you're saying, but it's also not clear if they are not one and the same, considering Wikileaks were not officially recognized.
There are three sources of emails in political play:

1 State Department (already monitored by FBI)
2 Wikileaks
3 Reopened FBI investigation having to do with Weiner/Abedin

You are confusing them. I think I've been very patient.

Here 10 days before a National Election we have the FBI director Comey send a letter to 8 Republican house members. He didn't send it to ANY House Democrats. He makes a very loose statement that they are reopening a case that was settled 3 months ago, after a year long investigation, based on emails that didn't come from Hillary Clinton's server. He admits he doesn't know what they contain, he admits they may not even be significant. These emails may be duplicates of what the FBI has already seen, as her aid,
Huma Abedin testified to the FBI that she often forwarded emails to her server to print them out. That may not be considered classified information, and he sent out a letter like this 10 days prior to a National Election--after being advised by his aids not to do this. He offers no explanation of clarity, nothing other than a very loose statement.

Comey breaks DOJ and FBI protocol in doing this, as he did it within 60 days of a National Election.

"Matthew Miller, a former chief spokesman for the Justice Department, was dismayed by the timing of Comey's letter. "Longstanding DOJ and FBI practice is you don't say anything publicly close to an election that can possibly influence that election," Miller said."

Comey, a career federal prosecutor who has served under both Republican and Democratic administrations, open to criticism from leaders in both parties that he was trying to influence the outcome of the presidential race. In an internal email to FBI employees, Comey wrote: "Of course, we don't ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."

"Without knowing how many emails are involved, who wrote them, when they were written or their subject matter, it's impossible to make any informed judgment on this development," said Feinstein, D-Calif.
"The FBI has a history of extreme caution near Election Day so as not to influence the results. Today's break from that tradition is appalling."
The Associated Press acquired the email Friday night.

FBI investigating new emails for classified information - Toshiba

fbi-comey.jpg
o-CRYING-CHILD-facebook.jpg

I simply don't understand what the big deal is....just release the emails immediately and this will all go away....

How much damage can emails about yoga schedules and wedding plans cause? :lol:

--LOL

bunch a butthurts goin on

--LOL

Did you know the House Democrats have called an FBI investigation into Trumps ties with Russia. Did you know that the New York State Attorney Generals' office is opening up an investigation into the Trump Foundation, and recently ordered a cease and desist order on that foundation? I think you'll be laughing out your ass when this breaks.
Democrats ask the FBI to investigate Trump advisers’ Russia ties
'I've never encountered anything so brazen': Report details shocking new revelations about Trump Foundation

It's basically a case of stop the election, get rid of Trump and Hillary and start again and do it properly.
I love that. Your sleaze bag hero has to go to jail, so we have to stop the election?

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Get used to saying "President Trump," douche bag!

This is gonna look really fucking bad if he doesn't have something solid.

Surely he knows that, so there could be something there....
He only did it because other FBI agents were threatening to go public if he didn't.

--LOL

bunch a butthurts goin on

--LOL

Did you know the House Democrats have called an FBI investigation into Trumps ties with Russia. Did you know that the New York State Attorney Generals' office is opening up an investigation into the Trump Foundation, and recently ordered a cease and desist order on that foundation? I think you'll be laughing out your ass when this breaks.
Democrats ask the FBI to investigate Trump advisers’ Russia ties
'I've never encountered anything so brazen': Report details shocking new revelations about Trump Foundation

yeah so what

you started this thread about hillary dickweed
Pretty funny.

Here 10 days before a National Election we have the FBI director Comey send a letter to 8 Republican house members. He didn't send it to ANY House Democrats. He makes a very loose statement that they are reopening a case that was settled 3 months ago, after a year long investigation, based on emails that didn't come from Hillary Clinton's server. He admits he doesn't know what they contain, he admits they may not even be significant. These emails may be duplicates of what the FBI has already seen, as her aid,
Huma Abedin testified to the FBI that she often forwarded emails to her server to print them out. That may not be considered classified information, and he sent out a letter like this 10 days prior to a National Election--after being advised by his aids not to do this. He offers no explanation of clarity, nothing other than a very loose statement.

Comey breaks DOJ and FBI protocol in doing this, as he did it within 60 days of a National Election.

"Matthew Miller, a former chief spokesman for the Justice Department, was dismayed by the timing of Comey's letter. "Longstanding DOJ and FBI practice is you don't say anything publicly close to an election that can possibly influence that election," Miller said."

Comey, a career federal prosecutor who has served under both Republican and Democratic administrations, open to criticism from leaders in both parties that he was trying to influence the outcome of the presidential race. In an internal email to FBI employees, Comey wrote: "Of course, we don't ordinarily tell Congress about ongoing investigations, but here I feel an obligation to do so given that I testified repeatedly in recent months that our investigation was completed. I also think it would be misleading to the American people were we not to supplement the record."

"Without knowing how many emails are involved, who wrote them, when they were written or their subject matter, it's impossible to make any informed judgment on this development," said Feinstein, D-Calif.
"The FBI has a history of extreme caution near Election Day so as not to influence the results. Today's break from that tradition is appalling."

fbi-comey.jpg

Sick of justice getting served? Sick of the truth?

It was about time!

2 Wikileaks

I'm not saying you're totally wrong and they're all the same, I'm just saying there might be an overlap somewhere. Or are you saying the FBI has no access to the ones released by Wikileaks?

fbi-comey.jpg

2 Wikileaks

I'm not saying you're totally wrong and they're all the same, I'm just saying there might be an overlap somewhere. Or are you saying the FBI has no access to the ones released by Wikileaks?
They do now, along with everyone else. The FBI was not investigating the Democrats internal mail, they were investigating the mail that Hillary turned over while she was SoS after she had deleted and erased the 30,000 or so that were about Chelsea's wedding and yoga lessons.

Forum List

Back