Is anyone as sick of this as I am--FBI director Comey breaks FBI-DOJ protocol

The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday that Reid is preparing a letter to Comey and the FBI accusing the director of prioritizing the interests of one political party over the other in his letter to Congress on Friday — which Comey sent against the advice of the Justice Department and some parties within the FBI.

Reid said that Comey has crossed a line and violated the Hatch Act, which bars government employees from using their positions to advance a political agenda.

“I am writing to inform you that my office has determined that these actions may violate the Hatch Act,” said Reid in a draft of the letter obtained by the Journal. “Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law.”

Harry Reid blasts FBI’s Comey for ‘partisan actions’ and possible violations of federal law
Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) blasted FBI Director James Comey for his “partisan actions” with regard to the 2016 election and warned the embattled director that he may have violated federal law.
Brooke jaw doesn't even know where the fuck he is at… LOL

The Wall Street Journal reported on Sunday that Reid is preparing a letter to Comey and the FBI accusing the director of prioritizing the interests of one political party over the other in his letter to Congress on Friday — which Comey sent against the advice of the Justice Department and some parties within the FBI.

Reid said that Comey has crossed a line and violated the Hatch Act, which bars government employees from using their positions to advance a political agenda.

“I am writing to inform you that my office has determined that these actions may violate the Hatch Act,” said Reid in a draft of the letter obtained by the Journal. “Through your partisan actions, you may have broken the law.”

Harry Reid blasts FBI’s Comey for ‘partisan actions’ and possible violations of federal law
Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) blasted FBI Director James Comey for his “partisan actions” with regard to the 2016 election and warned the embattled director that he may have violated federal law.

LOL riiiiiight Comey the guy who bent over backwards to let Hillary off scott free back in July is a Republican partisan? You people are losing it, I love it :laugh:

FBI Obtains Warrant for Newly Discovered Emails in Clinton Probe
Source: MSN/NBC News

The FBI obtained a warrant to search emails related to the Hillary Clinton private server probe that were discovered on ex-congressman Anthony Weiner's laptop, law enforcement officials confirmed Sunday.

The warrant came two days after FBI director James Comey revealed that the emails were linked to Weiner's estranged wife, top Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

The FBI already had a warrant to search Weiner's laptop, but that only applied to evidence of his allegedly illicit communications with an underage girl.

Comey's disclosure of the emails ignited fierce criticism, particularly from Clinton, who called the move an "unprecedented" departure from FBI policy.

Read more: FBI Obtains Warrant for Newly Discovered Emails in Clinton Probe

So let the loser provide some sort of proof that's what Comey did. All Comey is doing is his job, and felt that it's completely wrong to withhold new evidence of a case from the public before the election. To withhold potential damning evidence to help secure a Hillary win would have violated the act. Comey is correct, we do have a right to know before we vote.

A draft of a letter? When he actually sends the letter and charges are filed against Comey, then it will be news.

A draft of a letter? When he actually sends the letter and charges are filed against Comey, then it will be news.
No charges on Hillary correct not even a chance of that

REID RAGES ON COMEY:
‘YOU MAY HAVE BROKEN THE LAW’

Savages FBI Chief’s ‘Double Standard’... Says Comey Has ‘Explosive’ Info About Trump Team’s Ties To Russian Government...

Reid argued that Comey’s “partisan actions... may have broken the law,” citing the Hatch Act, which, however, requires someone to act with the intent of interfering with an election.

Reid also said Comey’s actions showed “a disturbing double standard for the treatment of sensitive information.” He wrote that he believes the FBI possesses “explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government,”

LOL riiiiiight Comey the guy who bent over backwards to let Hillary off scott free back in July is a Republican partisan? You people are losing it, I love it :laugh:
While I don't agree Comey "bent over backwards to let Hillary off", I certainly agree the Democrats are losing it over this.

No charges on Hillary correct not even a chance of that

REID RAGES ON COMEY:
‘YOU MAY HAVE BROKEN THE LAW’

Savages FBI Chief’s ‘Double Standard’... Says Comey Has ‘Explosive’ Info About Trump Team’s Ties To Russian Government...

Reid argued that Comey’s “partisan actions... may have broken the law,” citing the Hatch Act, which, however, requires someone to act with the intent of interfering with an election.

Reid also said Comey’s actions showed “a disturbing double standard for the treatment of sensitive information.” He wrote that he believes the FBI possesses “explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government,”
Are you clairvoyant? I'm not. Heck, I don't even know what's in those 650,000 emails. Are you claiming you do or are you simply showing your partisanship?

where did I call someone traitor which post ...you call even Republicans traitors unless they salute Trump
You might want to read my post again. Please quote me where I called "Republicans traitors unless they salute Trump".

The fact remains you are a LW partisan hack and I'm simply a Libertarian moderate laughing at the extremism of both sides. It's a sad laughter, but still laughter.

--LOL

bunch a butthurts goin on

--LOL

Did you know the House Democrats have called an FBI investigation into Trumps ties with Russia. Did you know that the New York State Attorney Generals' office is opening up an investigation into the Trump Foundation, and recently ordered a cease and desist order on that foundation? I think you'll be laughing out your ass when this breaks.
Democrats ask the FBI to investigate Trump advisers’ Russia ties
'I've never encountered anything so brazen': Report details shocking new revelations about Trump Foundation

It's basically a case of stop the election, get rid of Trump and Hillary and start again and do it properly.

Do what properly? Trump was opposed by everyone and won. He did win properly. It is Hillary who rigged the primary so she deserves what she is getting.

I mean come on, have you really thought through a Hillary or Tim Kaine Presidency? She picked Kaine cause she wanted someone less attractive then her. She certainly accomplished that feat.

Uh huh? Well, doing it properly would be like having a celebrity dance program (no, I don't watch that stuff) with one person there for comedy value, that's what Trump is like, and the comedy value keeps them on the show for weeks and week and weeks while better dancers get kicked off. So stopping the comedy acts, having candidates who would actually make good a good president, etc etc.

--LOL

bunch a butthurts goin on

--LOL

Did you know the House Democrats have called an FBI investigation into Trumps ties with Russia. Did you know that the New York State Attorney Generals' office is opening up an investigation into the Trump Foundation, and recently ordered a cease and desist order on that foundation? I think you'll be laughing out your ass when this breaks.
Democrats ask the FBI to investigate Trump advisers’ Russia ties
'I've never encountered anything so brazen': Report details shocking new revelations about Trump Foundation

It's basically a case of stop the election, get rid of Trump and Hillary and start again and do it properly.

Do what properly? Trump was opposed by everyone and won. He did win properly. It is Hillary who rigged the primary so she deserves what she is getting.

I mean come on, have you really thought through a Hillary or Tim Kaine Presidency? She picked Kaine cause she wanted someone less attractive then her. She certainly accomplished that feat.

Hillary Clinton beat Bernie Sanders by 3,775,436 popular votes. That's not a rigged election, that's an ass kicking. In comparison Obama defeated Clinton in 2008 by a mere 41,322 popular votes.
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Democratic Popular Vote
2008 Democratic Popular Vote | RealClearPolitics

Donald Trump is the accidental nominee. 54%, of Republicans cast a vote for other candidates in the race. THE PROBLEM: An unprecedented 17 GOP candidates entered this race, some of them repeat offenders. Votes and donation money were being split everywhere. Many of these candidates didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the White House, including Donald Trump but they entered the race anyway. The RNC agreeing to use polling data, to set up the pecking order of 2 debate stages, and against the advise of the pollsters themselves. Trump with 100% name recognition kept him front and center through-out the debates. Trump received an unprecedented 2 billion dollars in free media coverage during the primaries, much of it coming from FOX NEWS.
Donald Trump the ACCIDENTAL nominee

Why so many GOP candidates? FOX News has something to do with that also.
The Drive to Become ‘Fox News Famous’ Hurts the Right

Regardless this isn't Hillary Clinton's issue, she didn't pick Donald Trump for you, you did. You were warned about Trump over and over again, and you ignored all those warnings.
#NeverTrump: We Told You He Would Kill Us, but You Didn’t Listen

Many of you thought that Benghazi and emails would put her out of the race. Well it didn't, in fact in Comey's announcement 11 days prior to the election may have actually given her a boost.

Here's why:

"Since it broke in March of 2015, the email story has been covered in major news outlets for SIX HUNDRED DAYS.

We’re talking big media outlets, not blogs or local papers: AP, CNN, CNBC, Fox News, New York Times, Washington Post, etc. And more often than not there were multiple mentions across the national media on each of those days.

A Monmouth poll conducted in August found that 63% of Americans are tired of hearing about the issue. I suspect that number has only increased.

In the aftermath of a widely-panned NBC forum, the Washington Post said this:

Judging by the amount of time NBC’s Matt Lauer spent pressing Hillary Clinton on her emails during Wednesday’s national security presidential forum, one would think that her homebrew server was one of the most important issues facing the country this election. It is not.

The American people have a sense of proportionality. 600 days on emails to the exclusion of issues that affect their daily lives makes them more inclined to support Hillary Clinton, not less.

FBI Director James Comey may be under fire for dropping a cryptic letter about the emails 11 days before the election, but Comey's letter is more likely than not a gift for the Clinton campaign.

Trump and the GOP are sure to overreach. The jolt of a new round of unhinged attacks against her will further energize her supporters to go to the polls. And if 600 days of relentless email coverage didn’t derail her, 10 more days won’t do it either."
James Comey unintentionally handed Hillary Clinton an Election Day gift

Last edited:
No. Even if Comey had actual evidence and was ready to bring charges it is too disruptive and prejudiced at this late date. There is plenty of time after the election and before the swearing in and even after that to advise congress of evidence to start impeachment proceedings.

Clinton is nothing special. She has no more or less any influence in Wash DC than many groups that have spent a long time there. The special interest groups represented by an army of lobbyists have the MOST influence in our capital. You give Clinton too much credit.
Disagreed. What you are saying is that a person who obstructs justice should be allowed to get away with it out of decorum. Bullshit.

Also disagreed about the Clintons. They are very powerful and influential.

I see I am wasting my time. All is fair if you don't like someone. I get it. I happen to believe that our laws and conventions apply to everyone.

see I am wasting my time. All is fair if you don't like someone. I get it. I happen to believe that our laws and conventions apply to everyone.
Isn't that what the Left is doing to Trump?

My God, the hypocrisy around here is ass deep. Sure, Washington politics is not the ideal situation but if it's okay one way, then it should be okay both ways.

see I am wasting my time. All is fair if you don't like someone. I get it. I happen to believe that our laws and conventions apply to everyone.

My God, the hypocrisy around here is ass deep. Sure, Washington politics is not the ideal situation but if it's okay one way, then it should be okay both ways.

I see you are one of the morons that think I am "left". How does " I happen to believe that our laws and conventions apply to everyone.".. Make me left or liberal?

I see you are one of the morons that think I am "left". How does " I happen to believe that our laws and conventions apply to everyone.".. Make me left or liberal?
Thanks for the personal attack. It means you have little else to add to the conversation.

Your emotional tantrums aside, I still think there is too much hypocrisy in Washington. If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd see the RWers castigating Comey and the LWers praising his actions. Sorry you don't agree with that viewpoint.

Forum List

Back