Is anybody shopping Black Friday?

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I am not. Only did once and regretted it. A couple of years ago I heard a woman in a local store telling the clerk that she and her daughter were going to Nashville to shop Black Friday, that they were going to stay in he Opryland Hotel and pretend they were rich. I remarked that the might practice pretending they are on a parking lot while they are sitting stopped dead still on the interstate. There are not enough parking places at the malls in Nashville, and they will ticket those who park at the ends of the rows.

I'll look at Kohl's online and may order a pair of jeans. I should wait until cyber Monday, but I want these and don't want to risk not getting them. They are already on sale.

I'll look on Amazon Monday to see if the camera I want is on sale.

My hair dresser said she was going to Walmart on Thanksgiving night because the item her daughter wanted was originally $189, and was on sale for $99. She was going to hours early in hopes of getting there early enough to get a bracelet that would allow her to buy it. I hope she did.

Last edited:
I won't be shopping today. All of our Christmas shopping is already done.

The only things we still need to buy is food and liquor for Christmas Day. And I don't think we'll have to deal with maniacs knocking the doors down for that. :thup:

Not me. Almost all my shopping is done.

I pay attention to family and friends talking about things they need or wish they had during the other 11 months of they year, then get them those things for gifts if they haven't already purchased them.

I am not. Only did once and regretted it. A couple of years ago I heard a woman in a local store telling the clerk that she and her daughter were going to Nashville to shop Black Friday, that they were going to stay in he Opryland Hotel and pretend they were rich. I remarked that the might practice pretending they are on a parking lot while they are sitting stopped dead still on the interstate. There are not enough parking places at the malls in Nashville, and they will ticket those who park at the ends of the rows.

I'll look at Kohl's online and may order a pair of jeans. I should wait until cyber Monday, but I want these and don't want to risk not getting them. They are already on sale.

My hair dresser said she was going to Walmart on Thanksgiving night because the item her daughter wanted was originally $189, and was on sale for $99. She was going to hours early in hopes of getting there early enough to get a bracelet that would allow her to buy it. I hope she did.

I don't go where huge crowds are if I can help it, or unless there is live music playing. I quit shopping at Kohl's online when they started outsourcing customer service. I hope Amazon doesn't do that. They are my "go to for almost anything" destination..lol

Did you read what happened at Kohl's last night???

Romeoville Police Chief describes shoplifting incident that resulted in an officer being dragged and a driver being shot outside the Kohl's store on Thanksgiving night, Nov. 28, 2013.

Cop dragged, driver shot by cops outside Kohl's - chicagotribune.com

I've never been BF shopping. Might venture out to the mall today but then again, might not. It's 11am and I'm still in my jammies being all cozy and shit. :)

I don't get it. Things go on great sales all year long. Isn't it easier to listen to what people would like and buy those items when it's not all hectic and such?

I read where some mom stood in line yesterday for a couple of hours just to buy some Barbie dollhouse thing that was on sale $30 off. I mean I love a good sale and saving $$ but not enough to stand in line for hours. Not worth it. And on Thanksgiving? Give me a break. Shame on the stores that opened.

Not me. Almost all my shopping is done.

I pay attention to family and friends talking about things they need or wish they had during the other 11 months of they year, then get them those things for gifts if they haven't already purchased them.

My daughter sent me gift ideas this year and that really helped. I ordered the things she suggested. She asked me for some, and all I could think of was a pair of Isotoners. She said she didn't think that was a good gift in an of itself. As time went on I remembered I needed speakers for my computer, a meat thermometer, and a foot massager would be nice because my medicine makes your feet hurt. None of those are really memorable gifts, though. She usually gets me some item of jewelry because I love jewelry. And she is going to inherit it all! LOL.

I don't go where huge crowds are if I can help it, or unless there is live music playing. I quit shopping at Kohl's online when they started outsourcing customer service. I hope Amazon doesn't do that. They are my "go to for almost anything" destination..lol

Did you read what happened at Kohl's last night???

Romeoville Police Chief describes shoplifting incident that resulted in an officer being dragged and a driver being shot outside the Kohl's store on Thanksgiving night, Nov. 28, 2013.

Cop dragged, driver shot by cops outside Kohl's - chicagotribune.com

OMG!

I remember the scenes of the 'bargain basement' sales in the old sitcoms. Nothing like those ever occurred here. Most people here are polite, but the times they are a-changin' so who knows what will happen.

I always managed to be sick at Christmas and realized that getting out in the crowds is likely what caused met to catch something. So I did my shopping early.

I did get the jeans and a shirt ordered. They were already on sale, and I used a promo code and got a little more off. I didn't buy enough to get free shipping, but the amount on the promo code made up for it.

No. You couldn't pay me to go to a mall today (or pretty much any day).

I do my holiday shopping (which is fairly simple), on the internets. We give the nieces and nephews cash - they are a little mercenary bunch. For the adults, we just exchange wine, chocolates and other goodies - and make donations to charities.

No. You couldn't pay me to go to a mall today (or pretty much any day).

I do my holiday shopping (which is fairly simple), on the internets. We give the nieces and nephews cash - they are a little mercenary bunch. For the adults, we just exchange wine, chocolates and other goodies - and make donations to charities.

Online shopping is just the bomb. No lines, no surly clerks to deal with, no bickering over returns. The only real down side is that you really need to know what you are after when you go online to shop. I usually do, but not always. Those times, it is a little more difficult.

The camera that I want on Amazon has dropped a little. But I'll wait until Monday to decide.

So, I had a conversation today with the clerk guy at the local convenience store after filling up with gas. He yawns and says he is tired. I jokingly ask if he was out shopping last night. He said 'Yes, I got back at 2:30 am. My kids and wife wanted to go.'

I kind of admire the guy for coming up with a family activity, one that would fit into his work schedule for today. On the other hand, there is something terribly sick about this.

Last edited:
So, I had a conversation today with the clerk guy at the local convenience store after filling up with gas. He yawns and says he is tired. I jokingly ask if he was out shopping last night. He said 'Yes, I got back at 2:30 am. My kids and wife wanted to go.'

I kind of admire the guy for coming up with a family activity, one that would fit into his work schedule for today. On the other hand, there is something terribly sick about this.

[MENTION=27941]percysunshine[/MENTION]

What is sick about it? The guy is obviously supporting his family and they are making an effort to make their money stretch as far as it will go. When I was supporting my children all alone, I often worked a 24 hour day before I got any sleep. In fact, for over 2 years, I worked the 24 hour day no less than once a week.

What is sick about it? The guy is obviously supporting his family and they are making an effort to make their money stretch as far as it will go. When I was supporting my children all alone, I often worked a 24 hour day before I got any sleep. In fact, for over 2 years, I worked the 24 hour day no less than once a week.

Shopping with my children at 2am, for things which they want, but do not need... sorry, something is wrong with that situation. They need sleep more than that.

I never went out. Got a shower, put on sweats, and parked it on the sofa. First time in a long time I did that on a BF.

Sick as in, the working poor need to drag their kids around during the wee hours, while I paid extra to sit at home with my kids and shop online.

:eusa_shifty:

Actually it sounds OK to me.

Forum List

Back