Iron Mike Tyson Can Fight In Confined Spaces

More weight could bring more power, but more weight will also reduce your speed, which will in turn make you lose power, so its kind of a wash. Another saying in combat sports is "speed kills" because speed increases kinetic energy.
Sparred a sixth degree blackbelt who was seventy years old and he didn't train regularly, when I was younger, he still could kick ass.

Kid was probably being obnoxious, but didn't deserve to be assaulted by Tyson.

Tyson has different rules to play by, he is a professional boxer. His hands are registered as lethal weapons the same way I would have to register a hand gun. Any time he uses his hands outside of the ring it can be considered attempted murder.
Drunks shouldn't be harassing anyone anywhere much less on a plane where people being harassed can't get away from them. If reported is true, Tyson was in the right and the only thing that he did wrong was not hit harder.

More weight doesn't reduce the speed of a punch...it reduces movement. Most big guys stand still and just throw hard punches to save their stamina. But if you get hit by one of them....the punch is going to have more energy due to increased mass. And if you saw Mike punch....he hasn't lost any of his speed..because he has shorter arms.......he just runs out of gas easier.
If the base or anchor you're throwing the punch from is heavier.....then the force of the punch will increase accordingly. Mike's style was to put his head on your chest and throw hooks to the head and body.....and he could do it with either hand effectively.

If you have long arms....you have an advantage over someone with short arms...unless the other guy is alot stronger than you. Shorter arms gives you increases speed.
More weight reduces the speed of the punch because your technique wont be as sharp. Your legs and the rotation of your hips wont move as well if you are carrying extra weight.

Mike Tyson doesnt have this speed anymore because of his weight and age.

I like Mike but he has never been confused with a smart man...he just gave that drunken idiot what he wanted....grounds to sue....

Reports out of the Tyson camp is the dude threw a water bottle at him, triggering a flurry of right and left hooks.

More weight reduces the speed of the punch because your technique wont be as sharp. Your legs and the rotation of your hips wont move as well if you are carrying extra weight.

Mike Tyson doesnt have this speed anymore because of his weight and age.

If you connect flush with a fast punch with your entire body behind it....you're going to feel the difference......but I used to box. My punches didn't cause as much damage if I was throwing faster....because there's less weight behind the punch.
If you time your punch and put everything behind it....all the way from your toes.....you're going to mess someone up. Speed punching isn't power punching. End of story. A fast punch will disorient someone....but you have to wind up a bit and really club someone if you want to knock them off their feet. Tyson was good at knocking people out because of his defense and his timing. But his power came from the fact that he started his punches with his entire body behind them. A jab doesn't have the power of a hook....and he threw his hooks from all angles. A jab comes from the shoulder. A hook comes from the bottom of your feet.

Last edited:
Doubt the punk will ever jerk off someone again.
He got several short jabs.....
Life lesson.
Would you feel any differently if it were a diminutive woman who was being obnoxious, and Tyson gave her a pummeling like that? (Just think of the video…..)

Sorry, looked it up. A professional fighter having to register their hands is a myth. ( my mistake )

He could be charged differently though, because of his fighting status.

I'm normally very against using violence vs just words. But I gotta say- I'd of throat punched that guy sooner than Tyson did. It wasn't just a couple one liners- this wormy idiot just kept on harassing him. Tyson attempted to cool his jets politely more than once and the wormy wasn't having it.

What I'm wondering is in the time when the worm started haranguing Tyson till the time Tyson popped his noggin for him- where were the stewardesses? This could have all been avoided if someone had used their head for something other than a hatrack. It's literally their job to make sure passengers are safe and comfortable. They could have moved the worm and should have.

The obnoxious asshole needed to get his ass kick.
Violence is never justified. He should have called the flight attendant and had the jerk removed somewhere else. That’s what I would have done.

Forum List

Back