Iraq is imploding. Should we lend air support or wash our hands?

The terrorists are now marching on Bagdad. The Iraq government is asking for help, should we oblige?
Seems strange to me that we would spend all the money & lives just to let it fall in a matter of weeks/months.

We should respect any agreements, if any, to provide assistance - but nothing more.

We could send bushcheney there to help out. They created the problem to begin with.

Lend minimal assistance, but no occupation. We're out of there. We shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

Listening to Obama presser now. He makes it sound likely that he may decide to lend some military help.
ISI is the product of many years of infighting, and the invasion, which gave evidence to the extremists. we cannot put this on IGNORE, you can ignore me, but not the dangers created by prior actions.

This is what happens when religious sectarianism trumps nationalism. Not something the military can solve old man.

I have no illusions that we can fix/stop their problems. However if minimal air strikes could buy enough time for them to get serious about solving their own problems now that they can see their own demise I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Apparently the requests date back to last November. The drone strikes could have headed off at the pass this nightmare of AQ troops being able to take over Mosul and Tikrit.

I'm not sure if you know this but ISIS not only has released all the terrorists and criminals imprisoned in those two cities but they have raided the banks.

They've got over $425 million at last count. Holy toledo!

The terrorists are now marching on Bagdad. The Iraq government is asking for help, should we oblige?
Seems strange to me that we would spend all the money & lives just to let it fall in a matter of weeks/months.

Let it go...we broke it...but oh well. Hopefully, they will end up as friends like Viet Nam is about 30 years down the road.

Any reason to think the liberals won't just pull us out before the war's over, again?

Bush was not "liberal" He abandoned the fight against al Qaeda to wander into Iraq. The world is paying the price for it now, we may again. :mad:

Why do you keep using the same lying talking point? It's been pointed out to you numerous times that NATO troops successfully held the fort for you in Afghanistan. And one more freaking time, you didn't pull all American troops out.

For crying out loud. You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

We should do nothing. We do not have capable leadership. obama leads like he's in a hamster ball. A bad leader is much worse than no leadership at all. The United States has a bad leader.

This is what happens when religious sectarianism trumps nationalism. Not something the military can solve old man.

I have no illusions that we can fix/stop their problems. However if minimal air strikes could buy enough time for them to get serious about solving their own problems now that they can see their own demise I wouldn't be opposed to it.

They weren't able to "solve their own problems" the whole time we were there in force.

They have had over a thousand years to "solve their problems".

No more wars for israel.
Let them all sink or swim on their own

Let it go...we broke it...but oh well. Hopefully, they will end up as friends like Viet Nam is about 30 years down the road.

Wishful thinking. These religious nuts have been at it since the beginning of time.

Nope fuck them. ..they wanted us out...we shouldnt have been there..This is what was said would happen when bush when in...

Hey Obama's administration released the son of a murdering bitch Baghdadi in 2009 and have allowed him to develop an army of 12,000 in Syria.

Obama owns this crew of freaking terrorists. He wanted Assad toppled so badly he turned a blind eye to AQ in Syria.

Hey you've posted this a hundred times already...
He owns nothing...shut up

No way am I going to shut up about a President who would allow AQ to build up an army of 12,000 on his freaking watch.

While he and Kerry and others wanted Assad removed from power so bad he could taste it, Baghdadi was amassing an army and a fortune to arm it.

While Obama and Kerry and others were lying thru their teeth that this was a "Syrian Spring" anyone with a lick of sense and a brain was finding out that there was no such person as a Syrian rebel.

All freaking lies from this White House aka Home of the Whopper.

They were paid mercenaries and terrorists trying to take out Assad. True mother trucking story.

And Obama has allowed ISIS and Levant to flourish and now they are beheading their way to Baghdad.

The blood of Iraqis is on his hands. He owns it. And now the bastard won't even give air support.

Hey Obama's administration released the son of a murdering bitch Baghdadi in 2009 and have allowed him to develop an army of 12,000 in Syria.

Obama owns this crew of freaking terrorists. He wanted Assad toppled so badly he turned a blind eye to AQ in Syria.

Hey you've posted this a hundred times already...
He owns nothing...shut up

No way am I going to shut up about a President who would allow AQ to build up an army of 12,000 on his freaking watch.

While he and Kerry and others wanted Assad removed from power so bad he could taste it, Baghdadi was amassing an army and a fortune to arm it.

While Obama and Kerry and others were lying thru their teeth that this was a "Syrian Spring" anyone with a lick of sense and a brain was finding out that there was no such person as a Syrian rebel.

All freaking lies from this White House aka Home of the Whopper.

They were paid mercenaries and terrorists trying to take out Assad. True mother trucking story.

And Obama has allowed ISIS and Levant to flourish and now they are beheading their way to Baghdad.

The blood of Iraqis is on his hands. He owns it. And now the bastard won't even give air support.

Now it's syria.....move those goal posts....end of the day it's not our problem.
I really really hate neocons. .

We broke it. Thank you President Bush.

Hey, we should send Dubya and Cheney over there to run the place.

So long as Obama gets the blame, I couldn't care less if Iraq implodes. A Democrat will not get elected for the next 40 years if that happens.

Nope fuck them. ..they wanted us out...we shouldnt have been there..This is what was said would happen when bush when in...

And now the Ghost and his band of blood letting monsters are beheading their way to Baghdad. All this blood is on Obama's hands.

You're starting to sound dumber than Katzndogz.

We should do nothing. We do not have capable leadership. obama leads like he's in a hamster ball. A bad leader is much worse than no leadership at all. The United States has a bad leader.

Oh, Obama was too busy being a strutting banty rooster over Crimea. Him and Kerry chest thumping over the Ukraine and looking like bloody fools drawing another stupid red line in the sand.

Meanwhile back at the Ranch, the Iraqi Ranch ISIS and Levant have been growing in leaps and bounds forming a terrorist army that makes Al Qaeda look like wimps.

Aye carumba! How did America elect this wanker not once but twice? He's so inept it's unfreaking real.

Forum List

Back