Iran will rule the ME w/o firing a single shot

It's not the "Terrorists" really that want us over there..as much as it is the very conservative governments of the Middle East..starting with the Saudis. It make it easier for them to pillage those nations and not get left holding the bag when the blame game starts. They can just point to the big bad West and say.. "They are the great evil responsible for your misery".

And there are of course the simple minded around, in this country, that will point to "one" religion as being "evil". It's something that's always been done. The racists and bigots in this country want simple answers to complex problems. And this is helpful to despots overseas as well.

Thus the cycle continues and it's BAU.

wikileaks made it clear that SA wants us to war with Iran while they stand back and do nothing.

Seems like if we don't, Iran will run the ME b/c none of them have the stones to do it themselves.

The Saudis want Iran gone but they don't want to do it themselves, they are lobbying the US and Israel behind the scenes to do it for them because they are cowards.

They read American papers. It's not just cowardice, they don't want to pay for war.

They have been living like kings (some very literally) and have no idea how to go about living a hard (normal) life.

wikileaks made it clear that SA wants us to war with Iran while they stand back and do nothing.

Seems like if we don't, Iran will run the ME b/c none of them have the stones to do it themselves.

The Saudis want Iran gone but they don't want to do it themselves, they are lobbying the US and Israel behind the scenes to do it for them because they are cowards.

They read American papers. It's not just cowardice, they don't want to pay for war.

They have been living like kings (some very literally) and have no idea how to go about living a hard (normal) life.

Besides that, they don't have the muscle to take down Iran even if they want to. Iraq was the Arab counterweight to Iran and since we smashes their Military to pieces there is no Arab country that can step up to Iran, Saudi Arabia would get thrashed by the Persians if they tried anything with them.

We should have just let Russia have Afghanistan in the 80's.

You know damn well we couldn't let the Russians win a damn thing.

It didn't buy us all that much. The Soviet Union was on it's way out. If anything this was a costly exercise in developing a radical movement that bit us in the ass.

We matched the Saudis dollar for dollar for what they put into Afghanistan, and I believe they spent billions.

It didn't buy us all that much. The Soviet Union was on it's way out. If anything this was a costly exercise in developing a radical movement that bit us in the ass.

We matched the Saudis dollar for dollar for what they put into Afghanistan, and I believe they spent billions.

And the Russians would have had to leave one way or the other.

We should have just let Russia have Afghanistan in the 80's.

We didn't "know" for certain they were done once we got involved. But I'd bet my bottom dollar it was one of the things that crushed them.

Our only mistake in getting involved with that war was leaving right behind the Russians.

I think if we stayed and 'helped' rebuild, Iraq would not have attacked Kuwait with an American ally (Afgahnistan) at thier flank.

but we packed up and moved and the men that were used to war never became men of peace.

Stop fighting a conventional war there..and conduct special operations as needed.

I believe that this will be the fight of the future in the arena of Radical Islam.

Then we need to prepare oursleves for a decades long war.

And I do mean decades more.

Americans don't have the stomach for that, everyone wants to forget Afghanistan and we haven't been there 10 years yet, no way people here will buy into a decades long war.

We didn't "know" for certain they were done once we got involved. But I'd bet my bottom dollar it was one of the things that crushed them.

Our only mistake in getting involved with that war was leaving right behind the Russians.

I think if we stayed and 'helped' rebuild, Iraq would not have attacked Kuwait with an American ally (Afgahnistan) at thier flank.

but we packed up and moved and the men that were used to war never became men of peace.

Afghanistan is separated from Iraq by a huge buffer, Iran, I don't think Saddam would have been scared to invade Kuwait because of the Aghans.

And the Russians would have had to leave one way or the other.

Yeh but maybe if they set up a puppet commie government there, things would have been totally different in Afghanistan?

did you notice that the lebanese citizens are not tolerating Hezbollah destroying their government?

This, from today's edition of Ha'aretz.

Nasrallah: Hezbollah will not control next Lebanon government - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

I knew the sunnis had taken to the streets to riot.

But your info is new.

Wonder if it's true or lip service to calm the rioters?

that was from yesterday's israeli paper, ha'aretz. they're pretty good with info. what happens with the uprising remains to be seen.

this is today's from the jerusalem post

Hizbullah candidate Mikati to form new Lebanese gov't

This means that Nasrallah will command 2 of the 3 major government positions, a clear break with the past, since 762....

Nasrallah will command both the prime minister position AND the Speaker of Parliament position ( which is historically assigned to the Shia) and the Sunni's will have........? The position of PM was a Sunni position here to fore.

Suleiman as President is from the Christian sect. How long the Christians keep that is anyone's guess. If I were Nasrallah I would let them keep it, hes got what he wants/needs.

Last edited:
Terrorists want nothing more than for us to be over there, makes recruiting more terrorists soooo much easier and takes far fewer resources to kill americans.

Its hard to believe that there are still people this clueless... :(

To the terrorist muslim filth, what we DO is irrelevent, they will simply manufacture some "grievance" to justify their violence and claims.

Look at hezbollah and israel; israel left Lebanon - and the UN certified its exit - ELEVEN YEARS ago - but the hez filth still demands that israel exit some tiny farm "or there will be hell on earth and endless war"... It is our EXISTENCE that the islamic filth cannot tolerate, and they will never, ever, ever stop trying to fight the West until it is subjugated, and eventually destroyed/eliminated.

It is humorous how you mention WW2, yet fail to mention Hitler's endless demands of the West: "give me the Sudetenland, and I will leave you alone..." then it was "give me Austria, and I will leave you alone," then it was "give me Poland, and I will leave you alone,"... See the pattern here?

When you knuckle under and start allowing the nonsensical demands of the islamic filth to be treated as justifiable, you are doomed, as they will continue to make these demands until you have nothing left.

The amazing thing about your last 2 posts is that you're simultaneously saying we were isolationist at the same time period in history in which Hitler+Germany demanded that we give them countries. If we're being isolationist how could we be involved with those countries and be able to "give them" to Germany? This is basic common sense that you're arguing with, not me.

The only reason we have a country is because when the french asked us for help in their revolution against the british we told them no. The US gov't isn't obligated to do what's best for other countries and save them from other countries. The US gov't is supposed to be obligated to the Constitution.

Sounds like you're calling for a holy war, much the same as the terrorists are, an eerily similar mindsight. It's kind of that same dumb, ignorant argument kids use about their dads being stronger and nicer than the other guys dad in terms of how you and your ilk talk about your God being stronger and nicer than the other guys (muslims) God.

The amazing thing about your last 2 posts is that you're simultaneously saying we were isolationist at the same time period in history in which Hitler+Germany demanded that we give them countries. If we're being isolationist how could we be involved with those countries and be able to "give them" to Germany? This is basic common sense that you're arguing with, not me.

I think you are confused, or trying to make an argument out of thin air. It wasn't the acquiescence of the US that Hitler had been seeking, it was Europe's, mainly France and England. The US did not have pacts with the soon-to-be devoured countries like Poland did with England. The US was isolationist at the time, and there were huge demonstrations in the US to avoid getting involved in another of Europe's wars.

Sounds like you're calling for a holy war, much the same as the terrorists are, an eerily similar mindsight. It's kind of that same dumb, ignorant argument kids use about their dads being stronger and nicer than the other guys dad in terms of how you and your ilk talk about your God being stronger and nicer than the other guys (muslims) God.

Iran has murdered more Americans than any other nation - EVER - without the US declaring war on it. It is not the US chanting in state-sanctioned rallies "death to iran". It is not the US who takes iranian hostages on a regular basis. And it is not the US who is driving proxies to foment wars or conduct suicide bombings against other nations' civilian populations.

Iran is guilty of all of these, and its diseased dictatorship's raison d'etre is to "spread its revolution." It is a cancer who now has several nations under its spell, and this situation is not acceptable, nor is its drive for nuclear weapons.

I'd also add that this just about guarantees another major war in Lebanon in the next 5 years, if that. And the last one will look relatively tame by comparison.

They will back Hezbolla, and Hezbolla will get elected into seats of power and do and Iran commands.

'Day of rage' as Hezbollah gains power in Lebanon
'Day of rage' as Hezbollah takes power in Lebanon - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

TRIPOLI, Lebanon — Hundreds of angry protesters burned tires and blocked roads across Lebanon on Tuesday after Iranian-backed Hezbollah secured the appointment of its candidate to lead the next government.

The nomination of Najib Mikati as prime minister, endorsed by President Michel Suleiman, is seen a victory for Hezbollah, which secured the parliamentary votes needed to wrest control of the Lebanese government.

Hezbollah's control over the government for the first time will sound alarm bells in Washington and Israel and raise concerns in moderate Sunni Arab states.

The protesters turned out in many cities in support of Mikati's defeated rival Saad al-Hariri, a Sunni Muslim whose government was ousted this month by Shiite Hezbollah and its allies in a dispute over the investigation of his father's assassination in 2005.

The protests were part of a "day of anger" called by loyalists of Hariri, who is backed by Saudi Arabia and Washington, to protest against Hezbollah, funded and supported by Tehran.

You gotta admire the way the are going about it.

The Palistinians first (a victim class), then spread into Lebanan, get elected to the point they have full control, and Irans hands are CLEAN.

Iran has a military that scares the crap outta the rest of the ME, so none of those countries will do a damn thing.

Who's next? My money is on Jordan. thier reliance on a tourism economy would seem to make them ripe for take over.

If and when Iran becomes the ME superpower, it won't be because of Hezbollah. It will be because young people now make up two-thirds of their population, and they have become westernized. They are educated and believe in a diverse democracy, not theocracy.

please share MM, you got me here...;) I am flabbergasted as to how you connect the 2, there is no metaphor to be had here, what does this have to do with what just occurred and even Lebanon for that matter?

just a general note;

where are or is our resident pro arab/persian USMB lobby?

They are over in the religion threads making fun of jews.

But, yea, I would have thought at least Sunni man would be here. Since it is the Sunni's that are getting it in the ass.

And I would have loved thier special reflection on what's going on over there.

I think you are confused, or trying to make an argument out of thin air. It wasn't the acquiescence of the US that Hitler had been seeking, it was Europe's, mainly France and England. The US did not have pacts with the soon-to-be devoured countries like Poland did with England. The US was isolationist at the time, and there were huge demonstrations in the US to avoid getting involved in another of Europe's wars.

Iran has murdered more Americans than any other nation - EVER - without the US declaring war on it. It is not the US chanting in state-sanctioned rallies "death to iran". It is not the US who takes iranian hostages on a regular basis. And it is not the US who is driving proxies to foment wars or conduct suicide bombings against other nations' civilian populations.

Iran is guilty of all of these, and its diseased dictatorship's raison d'etre is to "spread its revolution." It is a cancer who now has several nations under its spell, and this situation is not acceptable, nor is its drive for nuclear weapons.

All I'm doing in terms of the isolationist argument is using your own words against you, you said we were simultaneously isolationalist and had power over countries Germany wanted. You said that, not me.

You do know that the US ended real democracy in Iran and gave full financial backing to Saddam in his war (which included gas warfare) against Iran, correct?

Forum List

Back