Iran threatened families of national soccer team with 'imprisonment and torture' ahead of U.S. match

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Iran threatened the families of the national soccer team with “imprisonment and torture” if the players didn’t “behave” ahead of the match against the United States on Tuesday, a source involved in the security of the games said.

The source said that the players of the Iranian team were called to a meeting with members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) after they refused to sing their national anthem in their opening match against England on November 21.

The players were told their families would face “violence and torture” if they pulled a stunt like that again or joined a political protest, added the source, who is monitoring Iran’s security agencies during the World Cup.

Before their game against Wales on Sunday, the team sang the national anthem.

The source added that dozens of officers from the IRGC were brought in to monitor the Iranian soccer players, who are not allowed to meet with anyone besides the team.

“There are a large number of Iranian security officers in Qatar collecting information and monitoring the players,” the source said.

Oh those silly Iranians, always with the jokes

43iv8l.jpg

Iran threatened the families of the national soccer team with “imprisonment and torture” if the players didn’t “behave” ahead of the match against the United States on Tuesday, a source involved in the security of the games said.

The source said that the players of the Iranian team were called to a meeting with members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) after they refused to sing their national anthem in their opening match against England on November 21.

The players were told their families would face “violence and torture” if they pulled a stunt like that again or joined a political protest, added the source, who is monitoring Iran’s security agencies during the World Cup.

Before their game against Wales on Sunday, the team sang the national anthem.

The source added that dozens of officers from the IRGC were brought in to monitor the Iranian soccer players, who are not allowed to meet with anyone besides the team.

“There are a large number of Iranian security officers in Qatar collecting information and monitoring the players,” the source said.

Oh those silly Iranians, always with the jokes

Trump trashed the US woman's soccer team and demanded the ballplayers who took a knee be fired.

Trump trashed the US woman's soccer team and demanded the ballplayers who took a knee be fired.

Which as usual has nothing to do with the OP. You practice Chrislam don't you?

and that is akin to torturing and imprisonment? Really?

Not surprised to see you come running to the defense of Iran though....they did interfere in the 2020 election to help Xiden win...clearly they find they have a lot in common with the Demafascist.

Christlam? You're a child.

Margot with all due respect your high opinion of yourself is wholly unwarranted. You are a condescending know it all who truly knows nothing. I enjoy making you look bad.

Not surprised to see you come running to the defense of Iran though....they did interfere in the 2020 election to help Xiden win...clearly they find they have a lot in common with the Demafascist.
struth-----read your koran

I didn't defend Iran, you idiot.

I didn't defend Iran, you idiot.

Of course you did. "Yeah but" is a low IQ dense. You could have just said "That's horrible" but you didn.t You simply cannot condemn anything about Islam.

I did not.. Trump has a lot in common with the
sure you did, by deflecting in comparing it to someone's expressing an opinion that people should be fired for kneeling.

I have no regard for Iranian leadership or Trump.

I do not defend Iran, ever, you Pansy.

Not condemning them is defending them Margot. Pansy? What are you, 90? In all truth though you are so distasteful you might learn something if Iran imprisoned someone you love.

Forum List

Back