Iran nuclear deal: European nations 'siding with ayatollahs' - Pompeo

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Mike Pompeo's assertion that Washington's key European allies are "siding with the ayatollahs" offers a test case of the failures of President Trump's approach towards Iran and of his foreign policy in general.

Foreign policy is about defining objectives; determining the means of getting there and, crucially, carrying other nations along with you. On Iran, the US has failed on every count.

Bluster might work among the less educated of his base but diplomacy is grown up stuff. If you cant take people with you then you stand alone and impotent. The world needs leadership and the US is playing golf.

I would imagine that most of Americas allies are waiting for November and the return of sanity to the world stage.

Mike Pompeo's assertion that Washington's key European allies are "siding with the ayatollahs" offers a test case of the failures of President Trump's approach towards Iran and of his foreign policy in general.

Foreign policy is about defining objectives; determining the means of getting there and, crucially, carrying other nations along with you. On Iran, the US has failed on every count.

Bluster might work among the less educated of his base but diplomacy is grown up stuff. If you cant take people with you then you stand alone and impotent. The world needs leadership and the US is playing golf.

I would imagine that most of Americas allies are waiting for November and the return of sanity to the world stage.
It baffles me that the USA is acting indignant about this.

Seemingly they are expecting that Europe a continent that has seen this president quite simply being acrimonious towards them, will follow the US. Who without any justification has pulled out of a deal they themselves negotiated. Not only that, the simple fact that Europe isn't prepared to punish the country the US betrayed is apparently cause for further hostility.

Its is not expected that the kid-sniffer would mean a change in foreign policy.

This is kinda like our election. I saw a stat that said a large number of people who will vote for Biden doesn't really support Biden, they are voting against Trump.

It's not that Europe supports Iran, they are voting against the U.S. They are tired of our crap.

Anyone who sides with Pompeo has to be insane. The man is a psychopath.

However, you are dreaming if you think a Biden administration will be any different. I expect Joe will be a much bigger warmonger than Ears ever was, and Ears took W’s two wars and made it seven.

Can you say WWIII?

The euro policy of appeasement toward the crazy mullahs in iran will lead to nuclear war someday

This is kinda like our election. I saw a stat that said a large number of people who will vote for Biden doesn't really support Biden, they are voting against Trump.

It's not that Europe supports Iran, they are voting against the U.S. They are tired of our crap.

No, they are supporting Iran because they are afraid of Iran, and hope to be the last one eaten by the alligator.

Trump breaking the Iran deal was 100% about blowing up one of President Obama's accomplishments.

How did America benefit from giving the illegitimate Mullahs of Iran pallets full of cash money?
Giving Iran back it's own money that the US had frozen in US banks was part of the deal and didn't cost us a thing except perhaps the trillions the right wants to spend on another stupid war.

No, not really. It was stupid of us. How bad is it when Europe turns on you to side with Iran?
the euros are making money in iran

and they want to make more

but they are contributing to a future nuclear war

Trump is the only one threatening that.

Or at least using some sort of imaginary weapons.

Trump keeps threatening US enemies with destructive power greater than nuclear weapons — experts say that's 'crazy talk'

Remember when Trump said he would target women and children also.

Trump breaking the Iran deal was 100% about blowing up one of President Obama's accomplishments.

How did America benefit from giving the illegitimate Mullahs of Iran pallets full of cash money?
Giving Iran back it's own money that the US had frozen in US banks was part of the deal and didn't cost us a thing except perhaps the trillions the right wants to spend on another stupid war.

Biden threatened war last night also.

Slurp Slurp Slurp.

Get those knee pads waxed.

Forum List

Back