Iran, is Trump looking the other way?

Iran's 'Misery Index' Up As Production And Oil Exports Crash

In its latest report the Statistical Center of Iran (SCI) says that the "misery index" in the country reached 39% last winter, whereas a year earlier it stood at 19.4%.

Misery index is an informal measure of the state of an economy generated by adding together its rate of inflation and its rate of unemployment.

Meanwhile, the inflation rate soared further in the first quarter of the new Iranian calendar year (beginning March 21, 2019) reaching 37.6%. The inflation rate is expected to surge more, reaching 15.4%. in 2019, and 19.4% in 2024.

According to the latest data, Iran's oil production has dropped to 2.2 million barrels per day, while its crude and gas condensates export have dropped to nearly 200,000 to 300,000 barrels per day.

Therefore, Iran has lost almost 90 percent of its oil export revenues.

In the meantime, SCI says that Iran's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) last winter dropped by nearly 8.4% compared with the previous year.

Moreover, economic growth, disregarding oil, also shrank to -4.1%.

The economic sanctions have put Iran on their knees...................This is their desperation response......

Guaranteed nuclear disarmament............and a country of people ready to revolt against the Theology in power there............

Sandy blames Trump for Iran's criminal behavior. The Obama deal with Iran was a bad joke and Obama made a colossal mistake in releasing the $150 billion to Iran, in addition to the other money that he sent to them. Even after giving Iran $150+ BILLION, Obama still couldn't get Iran to release American hostages.

Perhaps the money that Obama released to Iran was used to shoot down the American drone just like Iran has funded terror attacks on American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I presume Sandy has NO PROBLEM with that.

Well, that and refining as much nuclear material as possible. This is a dangerous game.

I don't believe there was any solid way to determine how much they were refining. I presume Iran was lying and cheating. That's what they do.

Iran is being advised by John Kerry and shitstain obama. The obama bony brown fingers are all over this.

That of course does not explain the insanity of a press that took the opportunity presented by Iran's seizure of the UK ship to ask Trump about plastic straws.

Back in 2016 Trump said that the Iran deal was so bad that it was suspicious. I agree.

*sigh*

You people need to get something through your heads. That cash settlement with Iran (not 150 billion, that is crazy wingnut exaggeration) had to be made to save billions of dollars, as the international court would have awarded them their money plus interest. We use this same international court to settle our differences with other countries. Thus, it was in our interests to both maintain the integrity of the court and to save billions of dollars.

I don't believe there was any solid way to determine how much they were refining. I presume Iran was lying and cheating.
So what? That's nothing but a gut feeling unsupported by any of the inspectors or other signatories. You should know better than to just go with your gut on complicated matters on which you have zero expertise, education, or good evidence.

The economic sanctions have put Iran on their knees...................This is their desperation response......
Well, that and refining as much nuclear material as possible. This is a dangerous game.
Since when has it been a game.................They support Terror........they want Nukes...........have vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth........and chant Death to America.......

Problem is the younger generation ................there............are FED UP...........

They support Terror........they want Nukes...........have vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth........and chant Death to America.......
yes, that is what makes the game so dangerous. That is why we can count on Israel to act unilaterally, if it is believed Iran has material for a nuclear bomb.

They support Terror........they want Nukes...........have vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth........and chant Death to America.......
yes, that is what makes the game so dangerous. That is why we can count on Israel to act unilaterally, if it is believed Iran has material for a nuclear bomb.
No, Bibi will plead for the US to do it.

Trump does more with sanctions than any other president did with trillions of military and aid, and all we get from the establishment is a yawn. The sanctions are hurting big time. Let them take all the tankers they want until someone else steps in to defend their positions. The sanctions aren’t going anywhere and the only thing Iran can do is come to the negotiation table. The Iranians have about had enough of their mullahs.

So what? That's nothing but a gut feeling unsupported by any of the inspectors or other signatories. You should know better than to just go with your gut on complicated matters on which you have zero expertise, education, or good evidence.

You supported the agreement because Obama came up with it. If Obama had rejected this deal, you would have agreed with that too because you're a politically-partisan hack.

Yes, but your ignorance is matched only by your lack of curiosity.

Well, I have about ZERO faith in any ''deal'' made by the community organizer. Returning Iran's $150 BILLION was a horrific mistake. You don't care. Your loyalty is to the Democratic Party and you'll go along with ANY deal that they put their stamp-of-approval on because you're a radical leftist.

Now with Iran taking British ships, this just escalates things. If Britain does decide that they need to give a military response in the future, I'm sure President Trump would join them if asked. In that case, Iran gets about 72 hours before their country gets put back to the Stone Age. Throw in the Israelis coming from their opposite border and it may be even less time than that.
You can be sure that the democrsts would come out solidly behind Iran.

Just make sure the suicide squad isn't allowed near any military bases.

*sigh*

You people need to get something through your heads. That cash settlement with Iran (not 150 billion, that is crazy wingnut exaggeration) had to be made to save billions of dollars, as the international court would have awarded them their money plus interest. We use this same international court to settle our differences with other countries. Thus, it was in our interests to both maintain the integrity of the court and to save billions of dollars.

Maybe Obama's secretary told the truth and maybe he didn't. Everything under the Obama regime was done in the dark. In any event, if it was $57 BILLION, it was $57 billion too much. I would have told the world court to jump in a lake.

Donald Trump: Iran got $150 billion and $1.8 billion in cash

In July 2015, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew told lawmakers Iran would gain access to $56 billion.

Forum List

Back