Iran Hits Two Oil Tankers, What Will/Should Trump Do?

you implied that there was something wrong with the oil companies selling their excess production to foreign countries, maybe I misunderstood.
Are we not buying oil from Saudi Arabia? If American companies have excess, and this is what is being sold to overseas clients/nations, why are we still buying oil from Saudi Arabia or anywhere in the hot bed of the middle east?

Because we still use more than we produce.

Under Trump, however, we produce enough that OPEC can no longer cripple us if they pull another embargo.

I vividly recall the Gas Lines of the early 70's. No fun. At all.

Under Trump, OPEC just doesn't have that kind of power anymore.

you implied that there was something wrong with the oil companies selling their excess production to foreign countries, maybe I misunderstood.
Are we not buying oil from Saudi Arabia? If American companies have excess, and this is what is being sold to overseas clients/nations, why are we still buying oil from Saudi Arabia or anywhere in the hot bed of the middle east?

Under Trump, however, we produce enough that OPEC can no longer cripple us if they pull another embargo.

Thank you!

My point was, how can USA companies have EXCESS oil to sell overseas as Redfish claims, if we are still buying oil from Saudi Arabia..

what if we bought that USA excess, and the oil Canada is shipping through the pipelines through the United States to get to the ports in the Gulf, so they too can sell to customers overseas....

Would we really still need Saudi Arabian oil?

Iran seems to be denying it.

‘Suspicious doesn’t begin to describe what happened’: Iran’s FM on tanker ‘attacks’ in Gulf of Oman ‘Suspicious doesn’t begin to describe what happened’: Iran’s FM on tanker ‘attacks’ in Gulf of Oman

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

we will figure out who did it and they will pay the price, wait and watch.
Please tell us why did he pull out of the multi ally with Iran agreement again?
--------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhh, yes.... WAR with whoever did it... hopefully Iran!!!

What if it was a false flag? Done by Israel? Done by Russia? Done by whomever.... to purposely draw us in to a war with Iran?

‘Suspicious doesn’t begin to describe what happened’: Iran’s FM on tanker ‘attacks’ in Gulf of Oman ‘Suspicious doesn’t begin to describe what happened’: Iran’s FM on tanker ‘attacks’ in Gulf of Oman

What if it was a false flag? Done by Israel? Done by Russia? Done by whomever.... to purposely draw us in to a war with Iran?

Trump pulled out of the Iran deal because it was a terrible deal for the USA.
But why was it a terrible deal for the USA? What makes the USA safer or better off by President Trump's, reckless pulling out of the deal? What makes Trump's "NO DEAL" better? Seriously???

under Obama's deal the Iranians got billions of US money, including 1.5 billion in cash delivered in the middle of the night on pallets from an unmarked airplane. Congress did not authorize or appropriate that money, so where did Obozo get it? Do you know? Do you care?

Also under this terrible deal Iran was allowed to continue its nuclear development program as long as they said that it was for "peaceful" purposes, only an idiot would trust them on that.

The money that Obama gave them has been and is being used to fund terrorist operations around the world.

Do you seriously think that was good for america? or is your head so far up obama's ass that you cannot see reality?
Stop lying. That was Iranian money, not U.S. money.

Rightards never learn.

USA had CONTROL of the money until 'mrobama' gave it back to the enemy of 'iran' and the 'mullahs' from what i understand Faun .

But why was it a terrible deal for the USA? What makes the USA safer or better off by President Trump's, reckless pulling out of the deal? What makes Trump's "NO DEAL" better? Seriously???

under Obama's deal the Iranians got billions of US money, including 1.5 billion in cash delivered in the middle of the night on pallets from an unmarked airplane. Congress did not authorize or appropriate that money, so where did Obozo get it? Do you know? Do you care?

Also under this terrible deal Iran was allowed to continue its nuclear development program as long as they said that it was for "peaceful" purposes, only an idiot would trust them on that.

The money that Obama gave them has been and is being used to fund terrorist operations around the world.

Do you seriously think that was good for america? or is your head so far up obama's ass that you cannot see reality?
YOU did NOT answer my question,
How are we better off, with Trump and only trump, pulling out of the deal? What makes the USA any safer, with Trump's NO DEAL? Can you answer that question, or not?

Also, it was Iran's money, $400 million on palates in cash, not $1.5 billion,

AND we were losing in Court in the Hague, with the 35 year court battle on this Iranian money, and we were about to be slammed by the court, owing the Iranians even more than the $1.7 to $1.8 billion we settled on...

Thank you!

My point was, how can USA companies have EXCESS oil to sell overseas as Redfish claims, if we are still buying oil from Saudi Arabia..

what if we bought that USA excess, and the oil Canada is shipping through the pipelines through the United States to get to the ports in the Gulf, so they too can sell to customers overseas....

OK, lets go slow, do you understand what the word "net" means? Yes, we both import and export oil. But today we are a "net" exporter of oil. That means that in total we export more than we import-------------------------------------------NET. look it up if you still don't understand.

the international oil market is very complicated and I don't have the time or desire to try to explain it on this message board.

We should just make an agreement with Canada that all of their oil crossing the entire USA in the Keystone pipe line etc, to our refineries in the Gulf of Mexico in Texas, should or must be, sold back to us, instead of them shipping it overseas.... sounds like a plan to me, to get us out of this middle eastern oil dependence...

And be done with the 20% or there about, that we get from the middle east.

I am so sick of these wars, and rumors of wars!
The oil companies are making money selling it abroad rather than using it domestically. That will never happen.

Where in the world do you get this crap? nothing you have posted is true.
Take a look at the link here. The tables didn't copy.

The top five destination countries of U.S. petroleum exports, export volume, and share of total petroleum exports in 2018 were

Mexico—1.21 MMb/d—16%
Canada—0.96 MMb/d—13%
Japan—0.45 MMb/d—6%
Brazil—0.40 MMb/d—5%
South Korea—0.38 MMb/d—5%

How much petroleum does the United States import and export? - FAQ - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

It is true no one said the oil companies did this because it makes them money--I can't think of why else they would do it though.

What did I get wrong?

The USA under Trump has become energy independent and that is great for US industry, US citizens, and US security. Why is it a bad thing for us to be a net energy exporter for the first time ever?
I did not know that the US was now 100% energy independent. I keep hearing that we are still beholden to some of the Middle Eastern countries for needed OIL. I would love to see a link to the fact that we are now 100% energy independent. I will celebrate heartily!

YOU did NOT answer my question,
How are we better off, with Trump and only trump, pulling out of the deal? What makes the USA any safer, with Trump's NO DEAL? Can you answer that question, or not?

Also, it was Iran's money, $400 million on palates in cash, not $1.5 billion,

AND we were losing in Court in the Hague, with the 35 year court battle on this Iranian money, and we were about to be slammed by the court, owing the Iranians even more than the $1.7 to $1.8 billion we settled on...

the Hague court has no jurisdiction or enforcement power, it is a joke. There is no way that court could have forced us to give a dime to the mullahs.

We are safer because we finally have a president who is putting this country first and has the protection of this country as his number one priority. Iran is in terrible economic and political turmoil because of the sanctions and the cancellation of the terrible obama nuclear deal that guaranteed Iran nuclear bombs and the missiles to deliver them within 10 years. Now they cannot even come close to that goal and their people are demanding regime change. The average Iranian is just like you and me, they are not religious radicals like their leaders. Playing hardball works, kissing ass never does.

USA had CONTROL of the money . As far as the 'hague' , feck them Care4 .

Because the Lying Cocksucker's deal virtually GUARANTEED Iran a NUKE and a Delivery System (missiles) in ten years.

Everybody else knows this, why don't you??

Try reading something other than the DISGUSTING FILTH once in a while.
And without the deal Iran can have that Nuke program in ONE YEAR..... how is that better?

We know what obama would do -- Preemptive surrender. But what will Trump do?

We know he is opposed to Foreign Wars. Hates them.

Iran has called his bluff, will he respond in kind??

Of course, the only decent news about almost anything comes from the Foreign Press. The American Press stopped being in the news business decades ago --

Oil tankers hit in fresh 'torpedo attack' in Gulf of Oman amid Iran tensions - live updates

ss-composite-image-2019-6-13-12-55_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.png

He should support the Japanese and Norwegians as they deal with the attacks on their tankers.

Because the Lying Cocksucker's deal virtually GUARANTEED Iran a NUKE and a Delivery System (missiles) in ten years.

Everybody else knows this, why don't you??

Try reading something other than the DISGUSTING FILTH once in a while.
And without the deal Iran can have that Nuke program in ONE YEAR..... how is that better?
------------------------------------- unless the TRUMP STOPS them with Practical Actions Care4 .

Thank you!

It may be cheaper for us to buy from SA than it is to produce our own.

It may be that we export just enough to keep our Oil Workers employed. If we shut down Oil Exploration and production, then need to crank it up real quick (War, Embargo, whatev) we could be in a jam.

We may be doing some smaller Countries a favor by exporting Oil to them.

There are many reasons. Many. Some of them excellent reason, some them -- Not so much. But overall, we've finally gotten over the juvenile, infantile conservatism of the past.

Energy IS civilization. Go without electricity and a Car for a Month. Go through Hurricane Irma, like I did and you'll appreciate energy more than ever.

I trust businessmen more than I trust politicians.

I trust businessmen to be greedy and self-serving. But they are more easily easily controlled than......

...politicians, who are greedy, power-mad, thoughtless dirtbag demagogues who couldn't organize a one-car-funeral.

And they are not-so-easily controlled.

When all else fails, lie huh?

Which your post was. A lie. Not a simple lie. A GODDAMNED LIE. An ignorant lie. A stupid lie.

You just talk shit and, like all dims, you do it with somewhere around ZERO knowledge of the topic.

Thank you!

OK, lets go slow, do you understand what the word "net" means? Yes, we both import and export oil. But today we are a "net" exporter of oil. That means that in total we export more than we import-------------------------------------------NET. look it up if you still don't understand.

the international oil market is very complicated and I don't have the time or desire to try to explain it on this message board.
We spend an extraordinary amount of tax payer money on defense in the middle east, not to mention the lives of Americans, for that Saudi Oil....

Why would we do that, when we have enough oil to be self sufficient, by using/buying our own oil and the oil of allies such as Canada and Mexico, INSTEAD OF Saudi Arabia's or Iraq's or whatever middle eastern country we import from?

------------------------------------- unless the TRUMP STOPS them with Practical Actions Care4 .

Sanctions. They work.

But dims don't keep up with the real News. All they do is talk shit.

Shit from DailyKooks or dummyunderground or some other juvenile bullshit site.

Trump backed out of the deal so he COULD stop them.

It's working.

We spend an extraordinary amount of tax payer money on defense in the middle east, not to mention the lives of Americans, for that Saudi Oil....

Why would we do that, when we have enough oil to be self sufficient, by using/buying our own oil and the oil of allies such as Canada and Mexico, INSTEAD OF Saudi Arabia's or Iraq's or whatever middle eastern country we import from?

You're getting on my nerves. I ALREADY told you that we still use more than we produce and you go right back to "if we're self-sufficient'' when I told we're not totally. Especially at the cost of SA Oil

You don't want to discuss, you want to argue.

Go away

Thank you!

Perhaps the oil business isn't quite so difficult to explain as Redfish would have us think. At least I found this helpful, a bit. It might be presented from the oil companies' perspective--I couldn't really find anything about who they are. But it explain things.
Why The U.S. Must Import And Export Oil

Forum List

Back