IQ Question Thread

Comrade

Jan 9, 2004
Seattle, WA.
Kind of a spinoff of the history thread...except the answers are not really 'peekable', if you're creative enough with the questions.

Gop_Jeff suggested the first question:

There is a donut-shaped house with a garden in the middle. The house has six doors. There are three doors on the outside of the house that lead away from the house, and three doors on the inside of the house that lead into the garden area.

True or false (and explain your answer): you can walk up to the house, go through each door exactly once, and walk away from the house.

Comrade said:
Kind of a spinoff of the history thread...except the answers are not really 'peekable', if you're creative enough with the questions.

Walk through each door once. If you will have to end up in the garden, but I guess if you walk to the center of the garden, you are walking "away" from the house....

Otherwise, no it can't be done because you have an odd number of doors.

I don't think it's possible to do this in that order.

The reason is you can narrow this problem down to the garden, which has three doors to it in the center. Any entrace from outside (which is required here) eliminates two of these doors as you go into and out of the garden the first time. Then that leaves you outside the last door, which still must be entered once in the walk around. And, when entered, cannot be left again.

Yep, I think maybe walking 'away' in this case means the actual outline of the house, and not the 'center of mass'. But if that were so, that would be kind of a trick question.

Free, you can take the next question if you like. Or anyone else who wants to jump start the thread. I'll be back in a half hour after my workout to see the brainiacs in action.

Comrade said:
Free, you can take the next question if you like. Or anyone else who wants to jump start the thread. I'll be back in a half hour after my workout to see the brainiacs in action.

Well, this thread is going to get boring for a bit as I am going to watch a movie!

Later! :banana2:

Comrade said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
There is a donut-shaped house with a garden in the middle. The house has six doors. There are three doors on the outside of the house that lead away from the house, and three doors on the inside of the house that lead into the garden area.

True or false (and explain your answer): you can walk up to the house, go through each door exactly once, and walk away from the house.

He already answered that, so if you turn a left handed glove inside out will it fit on a right hand?

Said1 said:
He already answered that, so if you turn a left handed glove inside out will it fit on a right hand?

Not if it's O.J. Simpsons!

But if it were a pair of generic gloves, using generic hands, I'd say yes.

Comrade said:
Not if it's O.J. Simpsons!

But if it were a pair of generic gloves, using generic hands, I'd say yes.

Like magic gloves?

Well, all my daughers fit on the other hand, so I would go with yes too.

Now make the next question REALLY easy! :D

Comrade said:

Actually, if you start in the garden, and walk up to the house, going through each door once will put you outside able to walk away.

Comrade said:
Okay here's one, Said is blonder than Comrade, but not as blond as Bonney.

Each has an IQ that is not equal to each other. Comrade has the highest.

If this being blond is 100% reflective of IQ, and people with high IQ's have less fun, do blonds have more fun?

When you're not a natural blond, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds, so yes, blonds DO have more fun! :funnyface

Okay here's an easy one...Said is blonder than Comrade, but not as blond as Bonney.

Blonds are rarely smart.

Bonney has the most fun, followed by Said, and then Comrade, who is rarely funny.

So do blonds have more fun? (True/False)

Said1 said:
When you're not a natural blond, you get to enjoy the best of both worlds, so yes, blonds DO have more fun! :funnyface

Who says Comrade has the highest IQ? :laugh: Yes, unnatural blonds do have more fun! (caveat: blonde when one is a child does NOT effect IQ!)

Comrade said:
Okay here's an easy one...Said is blonder than Comrade, but not as blond as Bonney.

Blonds are rarely smart.

Bonney has the most fun, followed by Said, and then Comrade, who is rarely funny.

So do blonds have more fun? (True/False)

Go away.

Comrade said:
Oh, c'mon, can't you see by the smiley I was teasing?

C'mon can't you tell when you are being teased? I gave you rep! :slap: :laugh:

Comrade said:

See, has to steal my material! Lame. :D

Ok, do all the letters is the words "spoon feed" appear in reverse alphabetical order in the alphabet? Or, if Comrade fell in the forest, would he make a sound? Hardy, har, har! :D

Forum List

Back