Iowa's Longest Serving Republican Switches To Democratic Party, Citing Trump

ep. Andy McKean, Iowa’s longest-serving Republican lawmaker, left his party on Tuesday to join the Democrats, and cited President Donald Trump as a factor in his decision.

“With the 2020 presidential election looming on the horizon, I feel, as a Republican, that I need to be able to support the standard bearer of our party,” McKean told reporters at the Iowa Capitol during a news conference on Tuesday. “Unfortunately, that’s something I’m unable to do.”

Iowa's Longest-Serving Republican Switches to Democratic Party Because of Trump

Trump really does bring people together.
He's a local politician. Big whup.

But when a local guy switched to the Repubs there was like 6 threads about it...funny how that works

I notice that when it isnt your side, the Democrats, you always say "this is an old article" but this one from April doesnt seem seem to rankle you.

I did not open the article. Good catch!

What does it say about a politician when a roaring economy, lowest unemployment in history, relative peace and the highest economic confidence is ignored and he quits his party because he thinks his President is "personally insulting"? Time to retire? Time to seek professional help? Drain the swamp.

Forum List

Back