Iowa eacher eats only McDonald's for 3 months

No one in their right mind would eat fast food from the same restaurant for three straight months. :cuckoo:

The guy was glutton for punishment I remember.

Last edited:
He doesn't say what he ate..so this is meaningless without that info.
He also stated he began exercising...so...yeah.
It goes without saying that if he ate what most people order from McDonalds - he would certainly NOT lose wait:

Breakfast...
Egg Mcmuffin, hash round and OJ.......630 calories with 20% daily fat intake.
Lunch...
Big Mac, Med. Fry and Med. coke.....1160 calories with 71% daily fat intake.
Dinner...
Chicken Sandwhich, Med. Fry and Med. Coke......980 calories with 49% daily fat intake.

No deserts..absolutely no snacks all day...and only water between meals.
2,740 calories....with 40% OVER recommended daily fat intake.

yeah...lose weight my ass.

If he's active enough...yeah, he will!

My wife needs 3500-4000 calories a day just to maintain her weight. She's extremely active & has a metabolism like a furnace.

One month was bad, three must be suicide, right?

Contrary to popular belief, following a diet of exclusively fast food does not necessarily lead to weight gain, as one man recently discovered.
John Cisna, a high school biology teacher from Ankeny, Iowa, told KCCI that he documented the changes his body underwent throughout the three months that he ate nothing but McDonald's - with very surprising results.
Rather than his body deteriorating like the star of 2004 documentary Super Size Me, Mr Cisna lost an impressive 37lbs and saw his cholesterol drop from 249 to 170, improving his health significantly.

Forget Super Size Me: Man loses 37lbs by eating only McDonald's | Mail Online
It's an interesting experiment. McDonald's must love this guy. But, I agree that if you stay within a calorie limit that is right for you, stay within specific dietary restrictions on fat, salt, cholesterol, protein, carbs, etc., and exercise, you will be in pretty good shape. He obviously was not in good shape when he started, so the results are dramatic. I think a person, however, who is already in good shape and eating plenty of fruits and veggies, lean proteins, whole grains, and drinking lots of water, etc., someone like this is not going to benefit from eating 3 meals a day at McDonald's.

Last edited:

If you count calories you can eat out all the time and not gain weight. There are websites that tell you how. You will find them if you look.

I agree, but that is the epitome of laziness and sloth may speak to the physical condition to be begin with. Nothing like a home cooked meal where I know what ingredients are in my food.

Yes, I wonder if he was keeping track of sodium. Most packaged prepared food and restaurant food has a lot of salt in it. If you cook your own food, you can have a much lower level of fat and sodium. In general, buying fresh ingredients and preparing your own meals results in food that is overall better quality .

Yes they would if there was some major coin involved.

I saw the documentary a month ago on youtube about this guy where he ate 3 straight months at McDonalds. I don't remember the details and aren't sure if it is the same guy. It could have been a similar stunt. The one I saw did it just for publicity.

If you count calories you can eat out all the time and not gain weight. There are websites that tell you how. You will find them if you look.

I agree, but that is the epitome of laziness and sloth may speak to the physical condition to be begin with. Nothing like a home cooked meal where I know what ingredients are in my food.

Yes, I wonder if he was keeping track of sodium. Most packaged prepared food and restaurant food has a lot of salt in it. If you cook your own food, you can have a much lower level of fat and sodium. In general, buying fresh ingredients and preparing your own meals results in food that is overall better quality .

You are so right! The sodium and other ingredients in prepared food is enough to keep bloat and other weight on and hamper one's ability to get in the shape they would if they cooked even simple meals at home.

Forum List

Back