Involuntary Celibacy and Sex Work

The INcels I know, do not do that. You are defining an group, by the more extreme of the group.
I do not blame women.
I do not blame those who vote for prohibition.
I simply think every man should vote for his best interests.

I do not blame women.
I do not blame those who vote for prohibition.
I simply think every man should vote for his best interests.

I have no direct personal stake in legalizing prostitution. I have always found the idea...revolting, and never been tempted by it, despite some long dry spells.

If you want my support, you need to make an argument that it is good for society as a whole, ie that the pros outweigh the cons.

I have no direct personal stake in legalizing prostitution. I have always found the idea...revolting, and never been tempted by it, despite some long dry spells.

If you want my support, you need to make an argument that it is good for society as a whole, ie that the pros outweigh the cons.
I have no say in politics overall -- I am not influential to anyone.

We can agree to disagree.

Forth, I would like to discuss the most rational course of action to be taken by men. We should understand that sex work is beneficial for Society in general and most men in particular. The vast majority of sex workers are on their free will. In UK, where sex work is legal both for the sex workers and customers, obtaining services from a trafficking victim is a strict liability offense (Section s.53A added to Sex Crimes Act in 2010). According to "Violence against Women and Girls Crime report" for 2015-'16 by UK Crown Prosecution Service, during 2010-'11 fiscal year, 40 men were prosecuted on the basis of s.53A. During later years, the numbers fell to less then 10 per year. According to Table 10, p. 80, there have been up to 142 cases of human trafficking in UK. The total number of sex workers in UK is about 80,000.

Sex work is NOT beneficial to society in general. The vast majority of sex trade workers were sexually abused as children.

Sex work is NOT beneficial to society in general. The vast majority of sex trade workers were sexually abused as children.
That is your opinion. We can agree to disagree. Those who oppose Legalization are within their rights. Those who would vote for Legalization are within their rights.

All of us benefit from people who work dangerous and harmful jobs. About 93% of job fatalities are men.

The vast majority of sex workers are on their free will.
I would like for that to be true, but I would have to see some data to back that up.

Libertarians understand that legalizing prostitution would allow for willing sex workers to openly ply their trade, instead of making prostitution an enterprise open only to criminals. But turning prostitution over to the criminal element, it is far more likely that the criminals will also force women into prostitution.

Since no one, including libertarians, supports under-aged prostitution, that industry would still be in the hands of the human traffickers. But by legalizing adult prostitution, law-enforcement efforts could be concentrated on the real violent criminals, while consumers would be incentivized to avoid under-aged prostitutes.

Forum List

Back