Inverter Generators

Thinking of buying this while it’s on sale.

The Firman name doesn’t necessarily thrill me. But I don’t know. It’s tax-free in Florida until Thursday, or through Thursday.
I have the Harbor Freight Predator 3500 inverter generator...and I have to say...so far it has been outstanding. But. It was more than $500. I think I got it on sale for $625 and bought the four year warrantee for another $100.

Never heard of a firman....so can't help ya there.

We've been thinking about one of those to leave at the lease. It'll run the RV AC no problem and if it gets stolen somehow i'm not out $4500 bucks.

The Firman name doesn’t necessarily thrill me. But I don’t know. It’s tax-free in Florida until Thursday, or through Thursday.
I have the Harbor Freight Predator 3500 inverter generator...and I have to say...so far it has been outstanding. But. It was more than $500. I think I got it on sale for $625 and bought the four year warrantee for another $100.

We've been thinking about one of those to leave at the lease. It'll run the RV AC no problem and if it gets stolen somehow i'm not out $4500 bucks.
That is exactly what I use it for, heat and AC. I've had this one since October (2019) and used it every day this winter through March. It's gotten a break for a few months...but now that it is getting hot...it will be time to use it again. AND it has been mounted to the frame of a Freightliner...so it has been vibrated and rattled and shook damn near every day.

20200601_162023_HDR.jpg

20200601_162050_HDR.jpg

That is exactly what I use it for, heat and AC. I've had this one since October (2019) and used it every day this winter through March. It's gotten a break for a few months...but now that it is getting hot...it will be time to use it again. AND it has been mounted to the frame of a Freightliner...so it has been vibrated and rattled and shook damn near every day.

View attachment 344022

View attachment 344023

Thats encouraging.
I've heard of some having to return several of em before getting a good one.

Thats encouraging.
Oh, I know. Thieves return them for in-store credit, and then they buy other shit to fence and launder the money. Inside help at the home improvement warehouse and at the bank as well.

Thats encouraging.
Oh, I know. Thieves return them for in-store credit, and then they buy other shit to fence and launder the money. Inside help at the home improvement warehouse and at the bank as well.

No,they return them and get another one.
Jesus Christ you're a bonehead.

I found one slightly used (customer return) cheaper & better at Lowes. A Craftsman with a 197cc Briggs & Stratton engine and a 6-gallon fuel tank.

3500 watts. It's only 125 volts, though. There are regular-neutral-wired outlets, and also an RV plug with two 62.5-volt windings in series -- they call it a floating neutral -- there's a 27-amp breaker on that circuit.

If you want to run a power drill and dont mind the noise thats just great.

Generators are for convenience and power tools. Electricity isn't that relevant for survival anyways, unless you are powering electronics for communications. Fairbanks and North Pole, Alaska, get cold. Really cold in the winter. Minus 55 Celsius. Electric power alone is not sufficient for heat. You have to burn wood or fossil fuel and get the heat value directly from it.

Sunny Florida!

So your weather is pretty much the same as mine.
Dont know about you but sleeping without A/C in the summer in Texas aint gonna happen.
Although I'm pretty confident in our power grid since we havent lost power for more than a few hours in the last 15 years,even through hurricanes.
But try and find a hotel with power after a hurricane...another thing that aint gonna happen.

Generators are for convenience and power tools. Electricity isn't that relevant for survival anyways, unless you are powering electronics for communications. Fairbanks and North Pole, Alaska, get cold. Really cold in the winter. Minus 55 Celsius. Electric power alone is not sufficient for heat. You have to burn wood or fossil fuel and get the heat value directly from it.

So trying to sleep in 85 degree temps with 85% humidity is just a convenience? And we're talking at night.
Daylight brings 95 degree temps and 90% humidity.
You'd be crying like a bitch the first night.

Because inverter generators actually put out a square wave which is actually quite harsh on delicate electronics in comparison to a more or less natural sine wave from graphite brushes on a copper commutator.
According to this, the Firman puts out a clean sine wave.

I ran my voltage regulator off of my old Champion generator.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009RA60/?tag=ff0d01-20

Thats encouraging.
Holy shit, you’re full of paranoia and conspiracy theories. Too much wingnut media!

So trying to sleep in 85 degree temps with 85% humidity is just a convenience?
The temperature and humidity are not the problem. That is actually quite pleasant -- find a little shade and chill out.

Mosquitoes are the problem. DEET and screening or netting are necessary to prevent major hemorrhage due to bites.

After being robbed of my tools at one auto parts store, robbed of my bank card at another, and falsely accused of a felony U-turn by the crooked cops to whom I reported the continual robberies, beatings, muggings, pickpocketing incidents, shootings, and other serious attempts on my life, I was able to obtain a new platinum spark plug and tune up my generator engine. She runs real smooth now, and delicate electronics are no problem. A previous customer who returned the generator to the store had complained of a lack of power: the old spark plug was dirty, (the auto parts store clerk violently seized it from me and hustled me out the door) ...

Forum List

Back