Intimate Partner Abuse Against Men in Canada from our own govt. websites shows that it is equal, why are there NO resources for men?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Countless for women though. Here is the Canadian govt, website that acknowledges this, yet, I had one Mens shelter in Toronto who I called twice, and never even received the dignity of a return call.

Police states fail for a reason. For years this was going on and the apparatus has been targetting me all of this time, thus, THEY knew it was going on,

almost equal proportions of men and women (7% and 8% respectively) had been the victims of intimate partner physical and psychological abuse (18% and 19% respectively). These findings were consistent with several earlier studies which reported equal rates of abuse by women and men in intimate relationships.Footnotes 2-16

Some scholars suggest that the motives for intimate partner abuse against men by women may differ from those for abuse against women by men,Footnote 17 and that women suffer more severe injuries than men.Footnote 18 Nonetheless, the occurrence of abuse by women against men, and its consequences, warrant attention. It is important for the victims of abuse, whether they be men or women, to know that they are not alone – that is, that such experience is not unique to their personal situation. It is also important for the perpetrators of intimate partner abuse – men or women – to recognize that violence in any form is both morally and legally wrong.

This document has been prepared to contribute to the understanding of intimate partner abuse by summarizing the results of studies that have examined the abuse of men by their female partners.

Women need shelter because forced financial dependence is very often a feature of an abusive relationship. Men don't need shelter. All they need is distance. Got some money? Got some car keys? that's all you need.

Women need shelter because forced financial dependence is very often a feature of an abusive relationship. Men don't need shelter. All they need is distance. Got some money? Got some car keys? that's all you need.
I didn't have either, so I am expendable i suppose?

Is this how a proper, functioning system operates? I have a plain clothed hanging out in his car outside my house for the last 30 min, is this a proper use of resources?

I didn't have either, so I am expendable i suppose?

Is this how a proper, functioning system operates?
When I left my wife I went to live in the back of a furniture store, ate out of cans and got around on a bicycle. Things are different for men, this often sucks but that's how it is. Deal with it like a man.

When I left my wife I went to live in the back of a furniture store, ate out of cans and got around on a bicycle. Things are different for men, this often sucks but that's how it is. Deal with it like a man.
She abused me. Not once or twice, hundreds of times. You have no idea how it feels to be persecuted and the very people I am supposed to call are the ones I can't trust.

This is why I have sympathy for black citizens who are afraid of police. They shouldn't run or do stupid things but the fear they feel is real, even if they are innocent.

People need supports, especially when they interferred with my career for decades. I want to sell my house and go on with my life but my wife and her family are not the types that worry about hell.

Forum List

Back