Interpetation of the "Mark of the beast"

In regard to free will, yes we have it, lest we wouldn't be able to choose between good and evil. "Love" is not forced. We cannot force anyone to love us. If we sit down and think about it, love is a choice we make in action, to love one another.

As for the mark of the Beast, this is something that the "final" AntiChrist (the man of lawlessness) will set up - the most evil of all evil men. ...

Have you ever seen or heard someone say, "I tried to love him/her but I just couldn't"? Or "how can I love someone who has not shown love for me?". No, love is NOT a choice it is a reaction us humans have when we feel love(or attraction) elsewhere.

1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1Jn 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1Jn 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

The love you have for the Lord is because the Lord first loved you. NOT that you love the Lord by your own means.

Hiya. Is it ok to please ask first, do you have a "calvinist" background or consider yourself a "calvinist"? Just helps sometimes to see where someone is coming from.

Amen, to all His Word as you have shown. However, they show even more that love is a choice we all make, please allow me to explain.

God loved us first, right - Amen, thank Him so much! However, upon the revelation of that love unto every person, every soul can either reject His love, or receive it, right? The choice is in receiving His Word as Truth and knowing His love.

If you are talking about Him being Sovereign, Amen, He is Sovereign always, but that still doesn't take away from the "free gift" He has given unto ALL men because He loves us. That doesn't mean He didn't give us free will. A "gift" has to be "received".

Romans 5:18
Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Being born again is of Him, yes, Salvation is of the Lord alone. But He is GOD, He knows where our hearts are and when/if we are ready to receive His Truth and love, for His Glory. Or He knows when that perfect timing is for someone to have the revelation of His Truth, and they are born again by His Spirit. If a persons heart is hardened against Him, He knows. And if you believe that He would hardened a heart Himself, then you are taking away from the truth of the Gospel, and I boldly say that. His will is that none should perish. NONE. (John 3:16) "whoever believes in Him" Just because He knows who will or who won't, doesn't take away from His Sovereignity. (spell?, lol)
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
As for people who say they tried to love the person, but couldn't, well I believe you are talking perhaps of the physical "lust", or perhaps "attraction"? Not sure if you are or not.

If I remember correctly, we have Agape love (God's love) and Phileo love (brotherly/friendship love) and then the sensual love as in marriage (Eros). Even in all of those, when choose to esteem others, care for them, in any of those instances, it's still a choice.

God loves us and gives us a free gift - we choose to love Him back or not.
A friend/family loves us - we choose to love them back or not.
Marriage - in re: to the sensual - we choose to have a "headache" or not, if you know what I mean, lol. Or we choose our partners in life. At any time one or the other can choose to leave. Why do you think there is so much divorce? (lack of love)

At any time, any of the above, we can chose to be unloving back to a person. And love covers a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”

Especially when we look at 1 Corinthians 13 where the His Word talks about love, all of the items listed are a total "choice." "Longsuffering" is the choice to endure or be patient with others. Sometimes we have to strive at. Striving at it is a choice. We can either keep pressing on, or we can give up. "Not envying" is the choice to be happy for others when we don't have what they have. Just go down the list of all Cor 13 shows, just meditate on what it's saying, all of these are definately choices we make. If they were not choices, we would not fail at loving others at times, right? Why would we need forgiveness and to forgive?

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Jesus said to love our enemy. (Basically to love the unloving) That is VERY hard to do, we all know that. But to do it, calls for striving, calls for action, calls for a choice in doing so.

He did it for us.

Last edited:
fyi....there are 2 marks being given out at the time: the Mark of the Beast, and the Mark of God

In regard to free will, yes we have it, lest we wouldn't be able to choose between good and evil. "Love" is not forced. We cannot force anyone to love us. If we sit down and think about it, love is a choice we make in action, to love one another.

As for the mark of the Beast, this is something that the "final" AntiChrist (the man of lawlessness) will set up - the most evil of all evil men. ...

Have you ever seen or heard someone say, "I tried to love him/her but I just couldn't"? Or "how can I love someone who has not shown love for me?". No, love is NOT a choice it is a reaction us humans have when we feel love(or attraction) elsewhere.

1Jn 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1Jn 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
1Jn 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
1Jn 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
1Jn 4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
1Jn 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Jn 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1Jn 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
1Jn 4:21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

The love you have for the Lord is because the Lord first loved you. NOT that you love the Lord by your own means.

And...the Lord loves everyone no matter who they are, but not everyone loves the Lord.

I had a recent discussion with a born again christian who believes that the end of times is near, and will be here within his life time. He pointed to prophesy and is looking for the mark of the beast as a clear sign that he is right. I pointed out to him that the concept of prophesy is flawed because if you know the prophesy you can undo it. For example, I tell you you will be hit by a car at three pm on tuesday and die. You stay at home and don't leave the house and consequently you don't get hit by the car. Is the prophesy true or false? it turned out to be false because you knew ahead of time what would happen, so you changed your actions and thwarted the prophesy.

I told him that God had intended for us to heed the book of revelation and to change our ways before the outcome described comes to pass. He seems to believe that it will come to pass no matter what we do. If he is right what does that say about God giving us free will?

As an aside I would be curious to know what everyone else thinks about this so-called "mark of the beast". I believe that people have enough knowledge about the mark that there would be no way such a law requiring the mark would ever be accepted let alone passed.

Also, what is the mark interpeted to be? a tattoo, a microchip, social security number, or whatever. Where is the mark to be placed? on the forehead, hand, or anywhere on the body. How loosely is the prophesy interpeted? will any combination suffice?

Marie is right...nobody knows what this Mark is going to be. But, we are told this mark will not happen until 3 1/2 years into the tribulation. The tribulation lasts 7 years (then Armegeddon), and before the tribulation starts, all Gods people will be removed from the earth (TRUE believers). During the tribulation, others will have a chance to become saved, but they're going to pay a VERY high price for it by the Antichrist. If they don't get the mark, they don't eat, sell, trade, etc, and if they are caught, they die by decapitation. Awsome huh? That's why so many people believe the mark will be some type of chip under the skin, and without it - you go without and probably die.

This is my understanding...not all Christians think about this exactly the same. Some people believe the rapture will happen AFTER the tribulation, but the majority believe in before. Many (myself included) believes the tribulation could start at any time, which means the rapture could happen soon also. God tells us that after Isreal became a nation again (1948?) that not all of that generation will sleep (die) before the rapture happens. A child born in 1948 is now 63 years old...I believe it could be any time.

Hiya. Is it ok to please ask first, do you have a "calvinist" background or consider yourself a "calvinist"? Just helps sometimes to see where someone is coming from.

I do not consider myself 'Calvinist', however most of my beliefs would fit with them. What I believe is what I came to from studying the Bible for myself and praying for understanding long before I knew anything about Calvinist or John Calvin himself. I wanted to know if what I was being taught in the churches I went to was true or not. I found that many of the things I was taught was twisting of the scriptures or was not even in the Bible at all. Free will amongst them.

Once I find a verse that would seem as though we have free will to choose Him, I would find one that would show we didn't. The only conclusion I can come up with is that we are commanded to choose Him but are unable due to being born with a sinful nature that only the Lord can change. Of which is also taught in scripture.

Amen, to all His Word as you have shown. However, they show even more that love is a choice we all make, please allow me to explain.

God loved us first, right - Amen, thank Him so much! However, upon the revelation of that love unto every person, every soul can either reject His love, or receive it, right? The choice is in receiving His Word as Truth and knowing His love.

There are some gifts we receive without 'choosing' them. Like you inherit some money or property from someone who had it in their will to give to you upon their death. This is a type of 'gift' you receive without 'accepting' it. You do not need to 'accept' a gift in order to 'receive' it. This is the type of gift love is from the Lord.

If you are talking about Him being Sovereign, Amen, He is Sovereign always, but that still doesn't take away from the "free gift" He has given unto ALL men because He loves us. That doesn't mean He didn't give us free will. A "gift" has to be "received".
Romans 5:18
Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
Ah, yes, this verse. Many use this verse to say that the 'free gift' is given to all men, when in reality it is only a free gift made known to all men. If you read some verses before and after Rom 5:18, you will see that 'many' will have the free gift, not 'all'. Those who the free gift was ment for are those who have 'faith' in Christ, and we know that 'faith' is also a gift.

Being born again is of Him, yes, Salvation is of the Lord alone. But He is GOD, He knows where our hearts are and when/if we are ready to receive His Truth and love, for His Glory. Or He knows when that perfect timing is for someone to have the revelation of His Truth, and they are born again by His Spirit. If a persons heart is hardened against Him, He knows. And if you believe that He would hardened a heart Himself, then you are taking away from the truth of the Gospel, and I boldly say that. His will is that none should perish. NONE. (John 3:16) "whoever believes in Him" Just because He knows who will or who won't, doesn't take away from His Sovereignity. (spell?, lol)
If you do not believe the Lord will harden the hearts of men then you do not believe in scripture:

Joh 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
Joh 12:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Joh 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

How does one 'believe'? In order to believe you have to be shown truth and your heart changed so that you can understand. Many are shown truth(the Lord's word) but still do not believe. They do not believe because the Lord has not changed their hearts to believe. Their hearts are still hardened, their nature does not alow them to see truth.

Also, in John 3:16 where is says 'whosoever' is not referring to 'everyone' but rather those who 'believe'. Those who believe are those who's eyes have been opened and hearts have been changed so that they 'can' believe.

And again, the Will of the Lord is that 'none' should perish is referring to those who are His. Not 'everyone everywhere'. If this was the case then no one anywhere would perish. We know that the Will of God will always abound. So if the Lord wanted 'everyone everywhere' to be saved, then it would not matter if we 'believe' or not. The Lord has the power to have everyone saved if He wanted to. But like above, He does harden the hearts of some.

As for people who say they tried to love the person, but couldn't, well I believe you are talking perhaps of the physical "lust", or perhaps "attraction"? Not sure if you are or not.

If I remember correctly, we have Agape love (God's love) and Phileo love (brotherly/friendship love) and then the sensual love as in marriage (Eros). Even in all of those, when choose to esteem others, care for them, in any of those instances, it's still a choice.

God loves us and gives us a free gift - we choose to love Him back or not.
A friend/family loves us - we choose to love them back or not.
Marriage - in re: to the sensual - we choose to have a "headache" or not, if you know what I mean, lol. Or we choose our partners in life. At any time one or the other can choose to leave. Why do you think there is so much divorce? (lack of love)

At any time, any of the above, we can chose to be unloving back to a person. And love covers a multitude of sins.

1 Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”

Agape love is also known as 'charity', and also means 'affection' or 'benevolence':

G26
ἀγάπη
agapē
ag-ah'-pay
From G25; love, that is, affection or benevolence; specifically (plural) a love feast: - (feast of) charity ([-ably]), dear, love.

If you do not have a desire to give 'affection' then you do not have 'agape' love. This is the love I was meaning. There are also some who keep themselves drunk because they have affection for someone but wish to not have that affection. These people can not 'choose' to not love so they stay drunk in order to numb themselves.

Pro 31:6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Pro 31:7 Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

Also, there is so much divorce because of the hardness of people's hearts:

Mat 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Mar 10:2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
Mar 10:3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
Mar 10:4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
Mar 10:5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.

However, like I said, if the Lord does not change your heart then you can not 'choose' to love Him. It is in our nature to not be 'able' to love the things of the Lord. So even if love is a choice we can not make that choice until or nature is changed and we are 'able' to do so.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Especially when we look at 1 Corinthians 13 where the His Word talks about love, all of the items listed are a total "choice." "Longsuffering" is the choice to endure or be patient with others. Sometimes we have to strive at. Striving at it is a choice. We can either keep pressing on, or we can give up. "Not envying" is the choice to be happy for others when we don't have what they have. Just go down the list of all Cor 13 shows, just meditate on what it's saying, all of these are definately choices we make. If they were not choices, we would not fail at loving others at times, right? Why would we need forgiveness and to forgive?

1 Corinthians 13
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Wow, you sure are twisting these verses. These verses are stating the nature of love, not that you have a choice to love. 1Cor 13 is explaining that love is something that will not fail, cease, or vanish. If love is the way you say and you have a choice to 'not love' then the love you have is not of the Lord. If you can choose not to love then it can fail, cease, or vanish.

Jesus said to love our enemy. (Basically to love the unloving) That is VERY hard to do, we all know that. But to do it, calls for striving, calls for action, calls for a choice in doing so.

He did it for us.

The type of love we are to have for our enemy is not the same love the Lord has for us or we for the Lord. It is a in a social or moral sense of love, not an affection type of love:

ἀγαπάω
agapaō
ag-ap-ah'-o
Perhaps from ἄγαν agan (much; or compare [H5689]); to love (in a social or moral sense): - (be-) love (-ed). Compare G5368.

I had a recent discussion with a born again christian who believes that the end of times is near, ...?

I have not done a lot of studying on the mark of the beast, but I would suggest you do a bit of research on the teaching of 'free will' in the Bible.

You just may find out that a lot of what is taught in the churches today is false teachings

Can I quote you on that?

I am also curious about the mark that is put on the 144,000 chosen of God that is placed on their forehead. Ironically when studying this, I found that the Hindu's believe Vishnu marks his loyal few with a "V" on their forehead. Vishnu also appears as Kalki (his last avatar) who is the savior of the righteous and also rides a white horse.

None of this strikes you as 'fictitious'? That blows my mind.

I had a recent discussion with a born again christian who believes that the end of times is near, and will be here within his life time. He pointed to prophesy and is looking for the mark of the beast as a clear sign that he is right. I pointed out to him that the concept of prophesy is flawed because if you know the prophesy you can undo it. For example, I tell you you will be hit by a car at three pm on tuesday and die. You stay at home and don't leave the house and consequently you don't get hit by the car. Is the prophesy true or false? it turned out to be false because you knew ahead of time what would happen, so you changed your actions and thwarted the prophesy.

I told him that God had intended for us to heed the book of revelation and to change our ways before the outcome described comes to pass. He seems to believe that it will come to pass no matter what we do. If he is right what does that say about God giving us free will?

As an aside I would be curious to know what everyone else thinks about this so-called "mark of the beast". I believe that people have enough knowledge about the mark that there would be no way such a law requiring the mark would ever be accepted let alone passed.

Also, what is the mark interpeted to be? a tattoo, a microchip, social security number, or whatever. Where is the mark to be placed? on the forehead, hand, or anywhere on the body. How loosely is the prophesy interpeted? will any combination suffice?

Hello!

Proverbs Chapter 16 verse 9 In his mind a man plans his course, but the LORD directs his steps.

I believe there is the free will of the heart. The steps guides our Father in heaven.

I believe bible prophecy shows historical events that are coming.

Christian

Did the Lord guide the steps of Osama bin Laden, or the BTK Killer?

If He didn't, He's not omnipotent... If He DID, He's quite the cock-sucker...

:eusa_think: You Christians have quite the conundrum on your hands.​

Sorry bout that,

1. Islam is evil, so I could buy into this Mr. Fitnah.
2. I see Islam as being nothing but Anti-Christ, so its an easy sell to me.
3. Allah has always been Islams secret moon god, they worship the cycles of the moon, like crazy people howl at the moon, they are indeed an unstable movement.
4. And everyday here in America we allow Islam more space, that in itself is crazy.
5. Islam will take billions of souls to hell, not to mention the billions it already has won.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The question we all have to grapple with in the privacy of our own minds is this:

Which is more important, the concepts of tolerance and freedom, or MY point of view?

If you're point of view is more important than freedom of thought, perhaps America is not the best suited country for your particular frame of mind.

It's already upon us. The head is the home of the brain/mind and the hand has long symbolized labour.

Acceptance of the doctrine and Law and labouring under the rules of the regime is required for those seeking to operate within the market (buy and sell).

In regard to free will, yes we have it, lest we wouldn't be able to choose between good and evil.
Can we?

God hardened Pharaoh's heart. Where was his free will?

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

-Ephesians 1 (KJV)
(emphasis mine)
love is a choice we make in action, to love one another.

Love is of the heart, not the mind. If is not action nor is is subject to our will. We choose only whether we act out of our love or our hated.

"On 06 / 06 / 66....."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n7yOkeFJMM]YouTube - ‪French Fries With Pepper - Morphine‬‏[/ame]

All that proves is you do not understand prophecy.

To be true prophecy has to come from God, not from the imagination of someone who is trying to prove God does not exist.

If we take your example and stretch the bounds of credibility to the point where we assume it is true then staying home would not protect you. I can point to the examples of people sitting in their living rooms or sleeping in their beds who have been hit by cars to show that simply staying home will not make you safe. You really should think about your anologies before you use them, you will look a lot more intelligent.

Who said God gave us free will?

I bet you also think people would never let someone throw out their country's constitutional guarantees and make themselves into dictators, yet it happens all the time. Until you provide examples to back up your belief that something will not happen I will continue to believe that sheeple are willing to go along with anything if it makes them feel safe.

I thought you just said you knew enough about it to be sure no one would ever accept it, now you are asking what it will be. Do you even see the disconnect here?

I do not consider myself 'Calvinist', however most of my beliefs would fit with them. What I believe is what I came to from studying the Bible for myself and praying for understanding long before I knew anything about Calvinist or John Calvin himself. I wanted to know if what I was being taught in the churches I went to was true or not. I found that many of the things I was taught was twisting of the scriptures or was not even in the Bible at all. Free will amongst them.

Once I find a verse that would seem as though we have free will to choose Him, I would find one that would show we didn't. The only conclusion I can come up with is that we are commanded to choose Him but are unable due to being born with a sinful nature that only the Lord can change. Of which is also taught in scripture.

There are some gifts we receive without 'choosing' them. Like you inherit some money or property from someone who had it in their will to give to you upon their death. This is a type of 'gift' you receive without 'accepting' it. You do not need to 'accept' a gift in order to 'receive' it. This is the type of gift love is from the Lord.

Ah, yes, this verse. Many use this verse to say that the 'free gift' is given to all men, when in reality it is only a free gift made known to all men. If you read some verses before and after Rom 5:18, you will see that 'many' will have the free gift, not 'all'. Those who the free gift was ment for are those who have 'faith' in Christ, and we know that 'faith' is also a gift.

If you do not believe the Lord will harden the hearts of men then you do not believe in scripture:

Joh 12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
Joh 12:38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
Joh 12:39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
Joh 12:40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
Joh 12:41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

How does one 'believe'? In order to believe you have to be shown truth and your heart changed so that you can understand. Many are shown truth(the Lord's word) but still do not believe. They do not believe because the Lord has not changed their hearts to believe. Their hearts are still hardened, their nature does not alow them to see truth.

Also, in John 3:16 where is says 'whosoever' is not referring to 'everyone' but rather those who 'believe'. Those who believe are those who's eyes have been opened and hearts have been changed so that they 'can' believe.

And again, the Will of the Lord is that 'none' should perish is referring to those who are His. Not 'everyone everywhere'. If this was the case then no one anywhere would perish. We know that the Will of God will always abound. So if the Lord wanted 'everyone everywhere' to be saved, then it would not matter if we 'believe' or not. The Lord has the power to have everyone saved if He wanted to. But like above, He does harden the hearts of some.

Agape love is also known as 'charity', and also means 'affection' or 'benevolence':

G26
ἀγάπη
agapē
ag-ah'-pay
From G25; love, that is, affection or benevolence; specifically (plural) a love feast: - (feast of) charity ([-ably]), dear, love.

If you do not have a desire to give 'affection' then you do not have 'agape' love. This is the love I was meaning. There are also some who keep themselves drunk because they have affection for someone but wish to not have that affection. These people can not 'choose' to not love so they stay drunk in order to numb themselves.

Pro 31:6 Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Pro 31:7 Let him drink, and forget his poverty, and remember his misery no more.

Also, there is so much divorce because of the hardness of people's hearts:

Mat 19:7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
Mat 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Mar 10:2 And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him.
Mar 10:3 And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you?
Mar 10:4 And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.
Mar 10:5 And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.

However, like I said, if the Lord does not change your heart then you can not 'choose' to love Him. It is in our nature to not be 'able' to love the things of the Lord. So even if love is a choice we can not make that choice until or nature is changed and we are 'able' to do so.

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Wow, you sure are twisting these verses. These verses are stating the nature of love, not that you have a choice to love. 1Cor 13 is explaining that love is something that will not fail, cease, or vanish. If love is the way you say and you have a choice to 'not love' then the love you have is not of the Lord. If you can choose not to love then it can fail, cease, or vanish.

He did it for us.

The type of love we are to have for our enemy is not the same love the Lord has for us or we for the Lord. It is a in a social or moral sense of love, not an affection type of love:

ἀγαπάω
agapaō
ag-ap-ah'-o
Perhaps from ἄγαν agan (much; or compare [H5689]); to love (in a social or moral sense): - (be-) love (-ed). Compare G5368.

All I can say is that we agree to disagree. The teaching that people do not have free will is one that drives me nuts as it totally starts taking away from focusing firstly on Jesus Christ our Lord. Plus, I cannot understand how someone can teach it, ever..as what do they say to their children? "I'm sorry child, but only the elect ( in regard to how you are meaning it) will be saved, so I don't know if you are going to hell or not." YUCK.

For me, John 3:16 also simply sums it up. He loves and died for the world and "whosoever" shall believe in Him shall have everlasting life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Last edited:
i think we were born with free will....after all, adam and eve HAD free will to choose to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil....if there was no free will, then we'd all be living in the garden of eden.....

i think God knows if our names are listed in the book of life already because he is the alpha and the omega, omniscient ....he knows the beginning and the end of our lives ALREADY...

All I can say is that we agree to disagree. The teaching that people do not have free will is one that drives me nuts as it totally starts taking away from focusing firstly on Jesus Christ our Lord. Plus, I cannot understand how someone can teach it, ever..as what do they say to their children? "I'm sorry child, but only the elect ( in regard to how you are meaning it) will be saved, so I don't know if you are going to hell or not." YUCK.

For me, John 3:16 also simply sums it up. He loves and died for the world and "whosoever" shall believe in Him shall have everlasting life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

No, it does not take away anything from Jesus Christ. It puts much emphasis on Him rather than the 'I' god. Salvation is of the Lord, NOT ourselves.

Also, we do not know who will and who will not be saved, even with the teaching of free will. So even if you teach free will, you do not know if your children will actually 'choose' to follow the Lord or not.

The thing I have a problem with teaching free will to my children is I would be teaching them that THEY are the ones with the power as to whether or not they are saved and that is totally against what is taught in the Bible.

With teaching that salvation is not due to anything you do, including 'choosing' the Lord does not teach your children that they will not be saved. What you say to them is 'We do not know who will and who will not be saved, but we have the hope that the Lord will have mercy on us.' That is where 'hope' comes in: Faith, Hope, and Love.

RFID or USID chios are the MotB IMO. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5BecBtH97M]YouTube - ‪Aaron Russo says Rockefeller told him of One World gov't and RFID chips‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back