Internet troll handed his arse after failing to back up shite

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Former MP falsely accused of abuse wins libel action

A former MP, who was falsely accused of being part of a VIP paedophile ring, has won a rare libel action over comments made about him on social media.

John Hemming, who was the Liberal Democrat MP for Birmingham Yardley between 2005 and 2014, had been accused of being part of a group that had abused children in Staffordshire in the 1980s and 1990s.

His accuser, Esther Baker, waived her anonymity in 2015, to make the claims, but the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), later concluded there was insufficient evidence to charge him.

Now Mr Hemming has won damages and apologies from two of Miss Baker's supporters, who posted comments online that implied the former politician was guilty.

Graham Wilmer, founder of the Lantern Project a charity, which helps abuse survivors, and journalist David Hencke, who worked for the now defunct website, Exaro, agreed to pay more than £10,000 after accepting their comments were defamatory.

Well done Mr Hemming. it must have been a trying time. Its a difficult time for shite when they have to justify their bollox.

A former MP, who was falsely accused of being part of a VIP paedophile ring, has won a rare libel action over comments made about him on social media.

John Hemming, who was the Liberal Democrat MP for Birmingham Yardley between 2005 and 2014, had been accused of being part of a group that had abused children in Staffordshire in the 1980s and 1990s.

His accuser, Esther Baker, waived her anonymity in 2015, to make the claims, but the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), later concluded there was insufficient evidence to charge him.

Now Mr Hemming has won damages and apologies from two of Miss Baker's supporters, who posted comments online that implied the former politician was guilty.

Graham Wilmer, founder of the Lantern Project a charity, which helps abuse survivors, and journalist David Hencke, who worked for the now defunct website, Exaro, agreed to pay more than £10,000 after accepting their comments were defamatory.

Well done Mr Hemming. it must have been a trying time. Its a difficult time for shite when they have to justify their bollox.

Man, if you had to back up your shit, when you call people racist, or stupid, or trash,

you wouldn't have a penny left to your name.

Tommy's threads are usually some of the best topical content on the board, in my view. They're very, very rarely, if at all, passive aggressive and they're usually debatable.

Anyway. Yeah. Liberty cannot exist seperate from responsibility. They ar dependent upon one another. And the two terms should really never be mentioned absent the other. Of course, there is the right to free speech. But if it's not responsible speech, then, you've contradicted any rights to liberty to speek in such a manner.

That's kind of a deep topic, though.

deleted 6 posts.

this thread is NOT in Zone 3.

stick to the topic

There are two things that puzzled me.

First, "there was insufficient evidence to charge him." That implies there was actually some evidence against Hemming, just not enough. "Insufficient evidence", if I understand that legal term correctly as used in the UK, is the weakest form of exculpation.

The other thing is, why extract damages and apologies from "two of Miss Baker's supporters", not from Miss Baker herself? She, after all, was the original accuser.

There are two things that puzzled me.

First, "there was insufficient evidence to charge him." That implies there was actually some evidence against Hemming, just not enough. "Insufficient evidence", if I understand that legal term correctly as used in the UK, is the weakest form of exculpation.

The other thing is, why extract damages and apologies from "two of Miss Baker's supporters", not from Miss Baker herself? She, after all, was the original accuser.
No idea. It might be something to do with witness protection of some kind. I cant recall someone making an accusation and then ending up in court. It would probably kill all rape trials.Maybe she had no assets ? Thats a consideration in civil matters.

Tommy's threads are usually some of the best topical content on the board, in my view. They're very, very rarely, if at all, passive aggressive and they're usually debatable.

Anyway. Yeah. Liberty cannot exist seperate from responsibility. They ar dependent upon one another. And the two terms should really never be mentioned absent the other. Of course, there is the right to free speech. But if it's not responsible speech, then, you've contradicted any rights to liberty to speek in such a manner.

That's kind of a deep topic, though.

Tommy, I changed my mind.

You're a shit-stirring asshole.

Forum List

Back