Internal Walmart Document Reveals Policy Of Paying Poverty Wages

The high cost of low price. America's insatiable appetite for low prices is costing much more than most Americans understand. The Slave-Class is growing rapidly. And they're getting restless.

Did the slave-class that you speak of ever have the opportunity to study hard, do well in school, and make a success of themselves? Of course they did. That they made poor decisions in their own lives does not necessitate a need for the rest of us who did succeed to subsidize them financially for their own poor choices and lack of ambition. They may be getting restless, but a society of Laws has ways of dealing with restlessness.
Your opinion. But then, you are an idiot.

I must say...I cant feel too much sympathy there.

She is offered a free high school education. That diploma opens doors, even joining military or something.

She is working PART time. She can get a second part time job.

As for being pregnant.....DONT HAVE SEX IF YOU CANT AFFORD A KID.

Shes in a tough position. But getting a meaningful life while being knocked up and working part time at WalMart isn't gonna happen. Thats not what jobs at WalMart and McD's are meant to be.

bingo.... her life situation is not walmarts fault. Walmart is paying at least if not more then federal minimum wage.

She can get a second or third job is that is want is needed....
Or maybe a fourth, or a fifth, or a sixth, or a tenth. Yup, that is the america we should all strive for. Let the rich have their car elevators, give the rest 6 jobs. Jesus H christ, what the hell is wrong with you all.

At the same time, my mother in law took a job at walmart until I created a position in my business for her. I would not have her be humiliated by working at such a deplorable place. SHe now makes more and is treated with some dignity. You cannot and will not receive any of that at walmart. But you know that going in. Walmart definitely has a hatred for its people. Pure unadulterated hatred. Yet people go there to work. How dumb are we?

Then don't shop there, don't support them, but I find it funny that you know so much about them and how they treat there employees and can make stupid blanket statements.
Actually, some people actually read. And study. And learn a lot of things. Hard to understand that as a con, but you do not have to be told what to believe. But as a con, you would not understand. Cons want to be told what to believe. And what to be angry about.

By Alice Hines and Christina Wilkie

Two years ago, when she started working at the deli counter of a Walmart in Illinois, Lisa hoped that her job would amount to the beginning of a career, one that would pay enough to cover her bills and enable her to stay current on her student loan debt.

But despite one raise since, Lisa, who asked that only her first name be used, now earns just $9.10 an hour, or about $13,000 a year on part-time hours. Seven months pregnant, she recently filed for bankruptcy. With no alternatives at hand, Walmart now seems like a dead-end to poverty, she says.

"I don’t have underwear without holes in them," she said. "Everyone at work wears T-shirts that are threadbare. I have just enough to eat and get gas to make it to work for the next two weeks."

Lisa's experience sheds light on why a group claiming to represent tens of thousands of Walmart workers nationwide is planning strikes and other labor actions at as many as 1,000 stores next week on Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. The actions are intended to protest what the group says are meager wages.

More: Walmart's Internal Compensation Documents Reveal Systematic Limit On Advancement

Systematic limit on advancement? WTF is that? Every freaking business has a systematic limit on advancement, how stupid does one have to be to realize this? Business works like a pyramid. Labor is the bottom and there are more of them then supervisors, many more supervisors than assistant managers, many more assistant managers than managers and so on. How freaking stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone is going to be a manager and advancement in any business is limited. Especially for someone who is part-time. Has she thought about full-time? Does she have the right skill set to advance? Do we just promote anyone because they work for us?

Stupid is as stupid does.
Yes, indeed. You do prove that saying, the whole stupid is as stupid does. Try actually studying a subject some time. Your effort at elementary business admin was really, really pathetic. What is going on with walmart is quite complex. Could take you a half hour to understand, if you wanted to. But you do not, because you are a con. Just posting dogma. Pathetic. Sorry to pick on you, but you are about the most ignorant person posting on this thread. Jesus.

Systematic limit on advancement? WTF is that? Every freaking business has a systematic limit on advancement, how stupid does one have to be to realize this? Business works like a pyramid. Labor is the bottom and there are more of them then supervisors, many more supervisors than assistant managers, many more assistant managers than managers and so on. How freaking stupid do you have to be to realize not everyone is going to be a manager and advancement in any business is limited. Especially for someone who is part-time. Has she thought about full-time? Does she have the right skill set to advance? Do we just promote anyone because they work for us?

Stupid is as stupid does.
Yes, indeed. You do prove that saying, the whole stupid is as stupid does. Try actually studying a subject some time. Your effort at elementary business admin was really, really pathetic. What is going on with walmart is quite complex. Could take you a half hour to understand, if you wanted to. But you do not, because you are a con. Just posting dogma. Pathetic. Sorry to pick on you, but you are about the most ignorant person posting on this thread. Jesus.
And some have even learned how to write. And some even write in sentences. And some don't start every sentence with "and". And you're not very bright there shorty.

Unions are the reason you enjoy a 40hr.

actually capitalism is the reason our workers are the richest in human history. It forces bsinesses to pay the highest wages possible or lose their workers to those who pay more.

Unions drove 40 million jobs offshore and are the reason we enjoy 25 million unemployed.

Greedy Un-American Businesses drove 40 Million American Jobs offshore. Unions are not to blame.

actually capitalism is the reason our workers are the richest in human history. It forces bsinesses to pay the highest wages possible or lose their workers to those who pay more.

Unions drove 40 million jobs offshore and are the reason we enjoy 25 million unemployed.

Greedy Un-American Businesses drove 40 Million American Jobs offshore. Unions are not to blame.
Unions may not be to blame but then unions are antiquated. Because of global completion, unions are doomed. America, and especially labor, have to adjust to the new realities.

too stupid did you think companies went off shore for higher wages?????????????

See why we must be 100% certain a liberal will be slow???

Unions may not be to blame but then unions are antiquated. Because of global completion, unions are doomed. America, and especially labor, have to adjust to the new realities.

Depends on what you mean by "adjust." Workers don't have to settle. They can stand up and fight. It's been done in the past. Striving to emulate Nations who treat workers as Slaves, is destroying our Nation. We're going in the wrong direction. Wages have steadily gone down in the last 30yrs. And that's unacceptable in a Nation which prides itself on wealth & prosperity. We can, and have to do better.

too stupid did you think companies went off shore for higher wages?????????????

See why we must be 100% certain a liberal will be slow???

They're greedy and Un-American. And they're very fortunate the People aren't hunting them down with torches & pitchforks.

Depends on what you mean by "adjust." Workers don't have to settle. They can stand up and fight. It's been done in the past. Striving to emulate Nations who treat workers as Slaves, is destroying our Nation. We're going in the wrong direction. Wages have steadily gone down in the last 30yrs. And that's unacceptable in a Nation which prides itself on wealth & prosperity. We can, and have to do better.
Businesses and workers have to compete globally. There were a lot more things that could be produced in only a few countries. That is no longer true. That's what I mean by "adjust".

Businesses and workers have to compete globally. There were a lot more things that could be produced in only a few countries. That is no longer true. That's what I mean by "adjust".

American Workers have done enough 'adjusting.' Now it's time for Businesses to start adjusting and treating their fellow Americans better. We're not China, we're America. We treat our People better than Slaves.

American Workers have done enough 'adjusting.' Now it's time for Businesses to start adjusting and treating their fellow Americans better. We're not China, we're America. We treat our People better than Slaves.
Businesses will produce their products elsewhere. It is not the business of business to overpay unskilled and semi-skilled workers more than they have to. Slap on increased taxes and we're going straight to stagnation if not depression. We are indeed Americans, but we do not have a birthright to the relatively lavish lifestyles American workers enjoyed for years regardless of what we think.

I really don't know why this is so hard to understand.

Businesses will produce their products elsewhere. It is not the business of business to overpay unskilled and semi-skilled workers more than they have to. Slap on increased taxes and we're going straight to stagnation if not depression. We are indeed Americans, but we do not have a birthright to the relatively lavish lifestyles American workers enjoyed for years regardless of what we think.

I understand, i just disagree. We've gone backwards. The quest for that almighty Dollar is really taking its toll on our Nation. It can't be only about the Money. That only destroys a Society. Let China and the rest have their Slaves, but we need to stop trying to emulate them. It's time to reverse this awful course we're on. It's time to heal our Nation.

I understand, i just disagree. We've gone backwards. The quest for that almighty Dollar is really taking its toll on our Nation. It can't be only about the Money. That only destroys a Society. Let China and the rest have their Slaves, but we need to stop trying to emulate them. It's time to reverse this awful course we're on. It's time to heal our Nation.
It's time to deal with the world as it is, not in the way we think it should be. US workers will not starve. Business has to adjust to foreign competition and workers will have to adjust to the realities of globalization. It's not like anyone has any reasonable choice in the matter once they get their heads out of the clouds.

It's time to deal with the world as it is, not in the way we think it should be. US workers will not starve. Business has to adjust to foreign competition and workers will have to adjust to the realities of globalization. It's not like anyone has any reasonable choice in the matter once they get their heads out of the clouds.

No, the Slaves can revolt and demand change. And that's what you're beginning to see. Businesses may not like it, but it is the new reality. It's time to get back on the proper course. Businesses will likely be dragged kicking & screaming, but they'll eventually do what's right. It's happened in our past.

No, the Slaves can revolt and demand change. And that's what you're beginning to see. Businesses may not like it, but it is the new reality. It's time to get back on the proper course. Businesses will likely be dragged kicking & screaming, but they'll eventually do what's right. It's happened in our past.
I did mention getting our heads out of the clouds, didn't I? The workers are the ones kicking and screaming but there's jack they or you can do about it. Yeah, I know, the workers control the means of production and all that shit, but hey, let's get real.

I did mention getting our heads out of the clouds, didn't I? The workers are the ones kicking and screaming but there's jack they or you can do about it. Yeah, I know, the workers control the means of production and all that shit, but hey, let's get real.

American Workers should be kicking & screaming. They've been shit on for the last 30yrs. or more. And don't understimate them either. There's real power in numbers. And thanks to the many greedy Businesses in this country, they now have the numbers. So definitely stay tuned, things are likely to change.

American Workers should be kicking & screaming. They've been shit on for the last 30yrs. or more. And don't understimate them either. There's real power in numbers. And thanks to the many greedy Businesses in this country, they now have the numbers. So definitely stay tuned, things are likely to change.
I can hardly wait for the next worker's paradise. I live in what used to be one. Get real!:lol:

Forum List

Back