Intelligence is the pinnacle of creation

You don't know that it isn't.

Now who's the one that needs to prove something exists or not? :badgrin:
Ok, so you're guessing. Got it.
No. I know intelligence exists. You are the one guessing that there is something more advanced out there that isn't intelligent.

I know better. It would still be intelligence.
A computer isn't intelligent and is better than a human brain for certain things. I can imagine an advanced civilization somewhere in the universe where computers handle everything...
Computers are the product of intelligence.

It seems that the nature of intelligence is to create intelligence. :lol:
You said "Intelligence is the most advanced and complicated thing the universe has produced."

That would be wrong, a computer is.
Computers are like Old Testament Gods, lots of rules and no mercy...

You don't know that it isn't.

Now who's the one that needs to prove something exists or not? :badgrin:
No. I know intelligence exists. You are the one guessing that there is something more advanced out there that isn't intelligent.

A computer isn't intelligent and is better than a human brain for certain things. I can imagine an advanced civilization somewhere in the universe where computers handle everything...

You said "Intelligence is the most advanced and complicated thing the universe has produced."

First of all your logic is flawed the created is not greater than its creator and secondly even if your logic wasn't flawed, the computer is not more advanced than a being that knows and creates.

First of all your logic is flawed the created is not greater than its creator and secondly even if your logic wasn't flawed, the computer is not more advanced than a being that knows and creates.
Computers can create and are more intelligent than humans. They can also be programmed to be self-aware, just like us.

Computers can create and are more intelligent than humans. They can also be programmed to be self-aware, just like us.
If you want to believe a computer - which is something we create and program - is more advanced than a human machine, go right ahead. :lol:

If you want to believe a computer - which is something we create and program - is more advanced than a human machine, go right ahead. :lol:
A computer easily beat the Jeopardy champ, and it wasn't even close. Just to give one example.

We are literally faced with the mind blowing reality that our universe miraculously once occupied the space of one billionth of one trillionth the size of a single atom and then began to expand and cool until such a time it produced beings that know and create and can contemplate their origin.

Our "intelligence" is very limited and is pretty pathetic. This leads me to believe that, if some entity "created" it, then he is a limited and somewhat pathetic creature as well, and so therefore must also have been created (by the goofy unlogic being employed in this thread) by another creature.

We are literally faced with the mind blowing reality that our universe miraculously once occupied the space of one billionth of one trillionth the size of a single atom and then began to expand and cool until such a time it produced beings that know and create and can contemplate their origin.

Our "intelligence" is very limited and is pretty pathetic. This leads me to believe that, if some entity "created" it, then he is a limited and somewhat pathetic creature as well, and so therefore must also have been created (by the goofy unlogic being employed in this thread) by another creature.
Our intelligence is limited and pathetic compared to what?

Compared to smart people. :biggrin:

Compared to smart people. :biggrin:
He really had no answer.

Playing stupid again, eh? That seems to be a favorite hobby of yours.

In many ways compared to what we can design, and in many ways compared to what we can imagine, and in many ways compared to what could evolve in the future from our own species, and in many ways compared to what we know is possible in nature. Our computing power is limited, our ability to consciously solve problems is limited, our ability to grasp large numbers is limited, our ability to think in parallel is nonexistent, etc etc.

We are very easily fooled, and our brains are notorious for failing at simple tasks of computing, perception, memory, and description. A deft illusionist can easily fool a crowd of people into believing something completely absurd. A conman can talk an adult human into believing in zombie kings and sky wizards.

Ding, I have to say, you are one of the most intellectually lazy people on this message board. I asked your simple question to my ten year old, and she ripped off 4 answers immediately. Either you are lazy or insufferably dense, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say: lazy.

In many ways compared to what we can design, and in many ways compared to what we can imagine, amd in many ways compared to what could evolve in the future from our own species, and in many ways conpared to what we know is possible in nature. Our computing power is limited, our ability to consciously solve problems is limited, our ability to grasp large numbers is limited, our ability to think in parallel is nonexistent, etc etc

Ding, I have to say, you are one of the most intellectually lazy people on this message board. I asked your simple question to my ten year old, and she ripped off 4 answers immediately. Either you are lazy or insufferably dense, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say: lazy.
No. The human machine is beyond anything we can engineer. It's not even close.

So you want to compare our intelligence to what you know is possible in nature? Did I hear that correctly? What do you know is possible in nature?

The human machine is beyond anything we can engineer. It's not even close.
Utterly wrong. We can engineer machones that far surpass it in many ways.
What do you know is possible in nature?
Simple! Adding more neurons in the network, as could easily be produced by evolution, could give us more computing power, more accurate memories and better access to them, and the ability to think in parallel and solve problems more efficiently.

Again, you are so goddamn lazy. Do not ask me another question like some used car salesman...just make your point.

Simple! Adding more neurons in the network, as could easily be produced by evolution, could give us more computing power, more accurate memories and better acvess to them, and the ability to think in parallel and solve problems more efgiciently and in parralel.

Again, you are so goddamj lazy. Do not ask me anpther question like some used car salesman...just make your point.
Can you make a fuel that fixes leaks in it's pipe and still retains the ability to flow?

Simple! Adding more neurons in the network, as could easily be produced by evolution, could give us more computing power, more accurate memories and better acvess to them, and the ability to think in parallel and solve problems more efgiciently and in parralel.

Again, you are so goddamj lazy. Do not ask me anpther question like some used car salesman...just make your point.
Can you make a fuel that fixes leaks in it's pipe and still retains the ability to flow?
Stop askimg me questions, charlatan. Make your point. If you have anything resembling a decent argument, it will stand on its own without my assistance.

God created intelligence.
Who created god?
You'll find out. I think who created magnetic force may be a better bet to start the process. The Big Bang is not entirely wrong. The question remains how did the Big Bang go Bang ? We cant even cure a fucking toenail fungus.

Stop askimg me questions, charlatan. Make your point. If you have anything resembling a decent argument, it will stand on its own without my assistance.
The answer is no, you can't. The human machine can though.

Do you even have a background in science?

So what? So can the "mouse machine" or the "worm machine", you goober. That has nothing to do with your claim of our intelligence being the pinnacle of creation. In fact, that's you, changing the topic, like you always do. Ding, the next time you produce a formal argument to support your point and then field and respond directly to counter-arguments to your argument will be the very first time.

So what? So can the "mouse machine" or the "worm machine", you goober. That has nothing to do with your claim of our intelligence being the pinnacle of creation. In fact, that's you, changing the topic, like you always do. Ding, the next time you produce a formal argument to support your point and then field and respond directly to counter-arguments to your argument will be the very first time.
Try having some data next time.

Forum List

Back