‘Insanely cheap energy’: how solar power continues to shock the world

Outlaw all digital communications devices and social media--voila, no energy problem.
Water will be the first crisis. We don't hear about it much but it's coming. All you have to do is go look at Lake Mead and look at pictures from 20 or 30 years ago. It's pretty shocking.

If there is sea level rising happening , it hasn't affected anything inland.

I heat my screen enclosed pool with roof top solar heat panels.

They work fine for heating up the pool water a few degrees in the summer.

However, I could cover my entire roof with electrical solar panels and it would cost a fortune and I would not have enough power to run my AC unit most the time, no less the other electrical stuff I have. I would never get a payback on the investment.

...and I live in the Sunshine State.

Solar panels are marginally economical (with government subsidies) in the narrow sun belt of the Southwest. The rest of the US not so much so. They are environmental wackos wet dream.

It will be interesting to see if, just around the corner, a hole where someone who was playing with fusion used to be.
Lol, there is that possiblity. Many things we play with today is dangerous. Also true in the past, Chernobyl, three mile island, and fukigima. Where do we not tread? Fucking with ai can be dangerous. Can we afford not to venture in these places? Other countries charge forward on these things. What happens if they develope and we do not? What does a world where china has fusion and we do not look like? China works on these things also. Russia works on these things and we can not stop them. They could blow a hole in us with this experimentation also. Who knows what will happen for sure? My feeling on it is that we have no choice but to go down these roads.

Lol, there is that possiblity. Many things we play with today is dangerous. Also true in the past, Chernobyl, three mile island, and fukigima. Where do we not tread? Fucking with ai can be dangerous. Can we afford not to venture in these places? Other countries charge forward on these things. What happens if they develope and we do not? What does a world where china has fusion and we do not look like? China works on these things also. Russia works on these things and we can not stop them. They could blow a hole in us with this experimentation also. Who knows what will happen for sure? My feeling on it is that we have no choice but to go down these roads.
This social media speculation about what should be done is ludicrous. I believe that our gov't is probably decades ahead of what we know about as far as what they have at their disposal currently and what they have in their pandora's box. I think the Wu Flu is just the tip of the iceberg.

I love these types of articles. The future looks bright indeed . It really looks like the forces of regression are on the run.

Too bad it's not true.

Solar isn't cheap. If you have a 2,000 square foot house, it will cost about $70,000 to install a solar system. The U.S. government subsidizes about 60% of the cost of solar, so out of pocket will be $25-30,000. The panels will last about 10 years and then have to be replaced. For 2020 prices, that really isn't a great price, but energy gouging has become the norm. Hydro electric is every bit as clean as solar, and FAR less expensive. And of course, Solar only generates power when the sun is out, hydro power is 24/7. Nuclear is the most efficient and cheapest source of electricity, and breeder reactors are cleaner than solar when the panels are considered. The massive amount of arsenic used in silicone photo-electric cells is one reason they are not domestically produced. Solar panel manufacturing can't meet US environmental standards. So they are made in China and we pretend that it's clean energy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back