Inequality is a threat to democracy!!!!

Equal opportunities are a myth.

true enough, if you have been subjected to crippling liberal welfare entitlement programs during your youth you cant say you then that you have equal opportunities after being crippled.
Not just that. I want to play for the Celtics but I wont get that opportunity. Doesn’t mean I cannot do other things. People need to be thankful for what they have vs angry for what they don’t have.

Inequality has only gone up (way up) with Trump in power.

Wrong of course; with Trumps booming economy those at bottom were seeing big wage increases.
They may be seeing big wage increases, but it's the middle class that powers the economy, and their wages have been flat for decades now!!!
Bullshit. That’s a complete lie. You can argue that the pay increases have not kept up with the cost of living but pay for the middle class has increased.

Inequality has only gone up (way up) with Trump in power.

Wrong of course; with Trumps booming economy those at bottom were seeing big wage increases.
They may be seeing big wage increases, but it's the middle class that powers the economy, and their wages have been flat for decades now!!!

of course!! liberals shipped all their jobs to China!! Now we have Trump trying to do something about it!!

Not just that. I want to play for the Celtics but I wont get that opportunity.

Well, I think when they say equal opportunity they mean equal opportunity to try out for the Celtics if you have the skill, regardless of race color creed etc etc.

Not just that. I want to play for the Celtics but I wont get that opportunity.

Well, I think when they say equal opportunity they mean equal opportunity to try out for the Celtics if you have the skill, regardless of race color creed etc etc.
I would never get a tryout LOL. Like I said people need to understand their limitations

can you give example of conflating capitalism and slavery or not??? You cut and paste because you lack the IQ to think for yourself. Embarrassing!
Can you comprehend what you read?
problems-of-capitalism-600x366.png

Problems of Capitalism - Economics Help

All of those problems are worse under communism.
Problems of Capitalism - Economics Help

"The economist Thomas Piketty wrote an influential book Capital in the Twenty-First Century, which emphasised this element of capitalism to increase inequality.

"As a general rule, Picketty argues wealth grows faster than economic output.

"He uses expression r > g (where r is the rate of return to wealth and g is the economic growth rate.)"

"As a general rule, Picketty argues wealth grows faster than economic output.

Yeah, his error is funny. The stupid prescriptions it leads to are not funny.

As funny as rent seeking?

Michael Hudson on the American School of Political Economy

"The past few years, Dr. Michael Hudson has provided a number of articles and interviews which comprise important parts of this story.

"He has explained how the economics profession protects the vested interests of rentier and finance capitalism by completely ignoring the concept of economic rent seeking behavior (i.e., pretending that all income is fairly earned, rather than recognizing that some income, such as from usury or speculation, is actually unearned and often quite harmful to the economy) here, and here."

1) He had two Bolshevik parents
2) Is it good or bad that wealth grows faster? Why?? We know George you cut and past because you cant think on your own!
Picketty's parents have little to do with his argument that usury, speculation and other forms of unearned income pose a threat to economic stability; why do you feel the need to pretend otherwise?

"The past few years, Dr. Michael Hudson has provided a number of articles and interviews which comprise important parts of this story.

"He has explained how the economics profession protects the vested interests of rentier and finance capitalism by completely ignoring the concept of economic rent seeking behavior (i.e., pretending that all income is fairly earned, rather than recognizing that some income, such as from usury or speculation, is actually unearned and often quite harmful to the economy) here, and here."
if collecting rent was so easy everyone would do it until the profits were driven down to zero. Why don’t youBecome a speculator and see how much rent you collect?? Whoops poor George was defeated yet again and will now have to cut and paste from somewhere else.

Yeah, rent is awful!
You should stop paying.

1) He had two Bolshevik parents
2) Is it good or bad that wealth grows faster? Why?? We know George you cut and past because you cant think on your own!
Picketty's parents have little to do with his argument that usury, speculation and other forms of unearned income pose a threat to economic stability; why do you feel the need to pretend otherwise?

usury, speculation and other forms of unearned income pose a threat to economic stability;

They don't have those things in Cuba. How stable is their economy?

usury, speculation and other forms of unearned income pose a threat to economic stability;

They don't have those things in Cuba. How stable is their economy?
Corporate-Bankruptcy-Logos-ii.jpg

Let's ask Russ and Pam:p

A Growing Wave of Bankruptcies Threatens U.S. Recovery

"The bankruptcy epidemic in the U.S. started last year, long before any COVID-19 pandemic had touched down.

"U.S. retailers ranked among the greatest casualties of 2019 with a total of 17 bankruptcies.

"Big names among the retail bankruptcies in 2019 included Gymboree on January 16; Charlotte Russe on February 3; Things Remembered on February 6; Payless ShoeSource on February 18; Charming Charlie on July 11; Barneys New York on August 6; and Forever 21 on September 29."

How's the rent-seeking in Cuba, Kulak?

Forum List

Back