Independent's View: OWS is ALL Whackjobs... At least that's what I USED to think....

There are no similarities,, that's why I said what i did. Now crawl back into your paper bag and quit spewing liberal dreck.

Actually, there are. Inconvenient, but true. The main difference being that the TEAs were smart enough to target those who are:

a. responsible
b. replaceable

I disagree. The two groups are diametrically opposite.
Your statement is true. So is CG's...the TEA's zero in on those responsible for the mess...and those responsible are replaceable.

Our fight is to highlight the hypocracy...and defeat them at the ballot box.

OWS wants to 'eat the rich'...revolution...guillotines...theft by law...forgiveness of debt that they signed onto by law...and promised anarchy if they don't get thier way.

Tools...ripe fruit for the Communists/Marxists/Statists to steer onto thier plates.

There are no similarities,, that's why I said what i did. Now crawl back into your paper bag and quit spewing liberal dreck.

Actually, there are. Inconvenient, but true. The main difference being that the TEAs were smart enough to target those who are:

a. responsible
b. replaceable

I disagree. The two groups are diametrically opposite.

Hmmm. Let's ask you some direct, "Yes or No" questions and watch you dodge, change the subject, insult, rationalize, spin or Cut & Run. Yes's and No's will not be your response to Yes or No questions. Ya ain't got it in ya junior.

1. Did both TP and OWS start outside of and apart from the two political parties?
2. Were both of them grassroots and spontaneous at first?
3. Did both start out by organizing protests to show the government how displeased they were with how DC was run?
4. Did both grow and develop national attention in a short period of time?
5. Were both demonized by the media (depending on L or R) at first?

Now we'll watch you do exactly what I predict above...

I am one that feels the student loans should be forgiven. After all, these students got worthless degrees in majors that won't get them a job. Yes they were stupid, but they were also told that all they needed was a degree no matter what it was in. Forgive their stupidity and forgive the loan, and revoke the degree. Treat it as a repossessed car. You don't make the payments, give back the car. Don't pay the loans, you don't get the degree.

Whether they want to deny or not, Tea Partiers have a LOT in common with OWS.
Both started out as unorganized, spontaneous groups who decided to protest in public.
Both received a lot of well-deserved criticism at first. Of course Liberals will claim that FOX never did this to the TP, just as Conservs will claim NOBODY is doing this to OWS.
I remember seeing news footage and lots of pics of TPers carrying guns and even assault rifles to protests. Did they use any of them? Not that I know of. But that still made me think "WTF? What whackjobs!", as did most Independents, Moderates and non-Conservs I know.
Same with OWS. Really people? Pooping in public? WTF? What a bunch of whackjobs!
Tea Partiers were 99.9% white, and mostly old. Conservs went out of their way to show pics and say "Look! A Black guy!"
OWS is mixed but mostly young. They go out of their way to show Vets and businesspeople.

The Left exxagerated about the Tea Party, claiming they were inciting violence etc...
Now The Right exxagerates about "violent Liberals" in OWS. Of course, there WAS violence but it was against the OWS protesters not by them.
Unless by violence you mean pooping! OMG Violent poop!

I think that at first, this description of "whackjob" would have accurately described the overwhelming majority of OWS.
But now? Now there are a LOT of business owners (like our neighbor), veterans, regular working people etc...
I discovered this the same way I discovered the Tea Party wasn't all whackjobs. Personal intereaction.

I really believe that if some reasonable and strong leaders emerge, this thing will dwarf the Tea Party. They already have in some respects. Because of my occupation, I read a dozon or so international newspapers every day. I've already read about OWS in the Times of India, France 24, Deutschland Magazine, Hong Kong Standard etc....
The Tea Party? No one outside the USA has ever heard of them. No one in the world is impressed by a group of people who fight for the rights of the rich. Who champion the noble cause of "The rich need protecting!".
The rest of the world just ins't that stupid. They know that the rich don't need protecting or anyone to champion their cause for them.
Now obviously, there is more to the Tea Party than fighting "wealth distribution" but personally, the idea of having to go from $30,000 a month, all the way down to $29,400 a month, doesn't exactly scare me. I don't need that kind of protecting nearly as badly as a homeless vet needs shelter. Travel the world and anyone you'll meet, finds the idea ludicrous and believes that these TPers have been duped somehow.

So what will the OWS become? Probably a Liberal Version of the Tea Party although probably a much larger and more powerful one.
The Tea Party is already fighting for things well beyond their stated goals. Like any well-meaning group, their leaders have added their personal agenda to that of the group. So while the group mostly remains pure to the ideals, those leading it are now lobbying on behalf of AT&T, fighting for legislation on social issues that have nothing to do with fiscal responsibility etc... It happens.

The same thing will determine the fate of OWS - at least in the USA. It will come down to Leadership. Once they get organized, leaders will emerge. Then they will either launch like a rocket, crash like a comet or become just another lobbying, agenda pushing group fighting for the rights of "those poor union executives" or some such nonsense. It will depend on who emerges as their eventual leaders.

it is exciting to watch though!

The Tea-Baggers are a fringe group of LOUD radicals that got WAAAY to much attention.

The #OccupyWallStreeters are the voice of the People. Regardless of what happens, they have CHANGED the conversation from the direction that the radical RWers of the Tea-Bag movement took it too.

Other than managing to elect a bunch of non-experienced, radical RWers to Congress, what have the TeaBaggers accomplished? They have not kept one promise. Not one up to date.

They are, and never was, serious.

Excellent post, although you're way to kind to those radical fringers.

You realize you're the proof that the Left Wing is no different than the Right, when it comes to broad generalizations and exxagerations, don't you?

Forum List

Back