Inconsiderate dog owners.

Sad thing is.
The dog is a beautiful Irish Setter. Has absolutely zero training or discipline and comes across as rather stupid. That I believe is from effectively being ignored by its owners.
I am a huge defender of Pitbulls on this site even. Our good friend has a sweetheart and we dog sit him ocassionally.
I have no patience for owners who ignore or abuse animals or have no regard for others regarding their responsibilities of their animals.
Neighbor across street backs up to county highway and lost two dogs to car strikes before he decided to fence in.
A month ago almost smacked a dog that ran across rural highway.

I know a guy who has pitts. I even played with them. They were sweethearts too. Well trained, and behaved dogs if you don't count that one time they killed that little girl as she ran from the school bus to her front porch.
This thread is about bad owners. The REAL reason for any dog issue.
Kindly take your trolling elsewhere or go comment on the kill Pitbull threads.
There are bad dogs

Pit Bulls are among the worst

I don't think those dogs were particularly bad. Any other dog of the same breed would have probably done the same thing. You just can't train out instinct.
They are bred to attack and kill

Timid Pit Bulls do not get bred
If so they are doing a lousy job of it.

An extremely rare event.

BS
Do your research.
VERY common.

Try it...Google.....

"PIT BULL ATTACK"

44 Million 900 Thousand results

"Rare Event" :rolleyes:
Still legal to own them.
Still the responsibility of the owner in all liability. Are you suggesting a ban by the nanny state? Big government intervention?
You going to rip pets from the hands of owners?

Literally sounds the same as gun control.

An extremely rare event.

BS
Do your research.
VERY common.

Try it...Google.....

"PIT BULL ATTACK"

A google search isn’t the number of attacks.

First, dog bites in general: https://www.caninejournal.com/dog-bite-statistics/

• You have a 1 in 112,400 chance of dying from a dog bite or strike
    • You are at more risk of dying from:
      • Cataclysmic storm: 1 in 66,335
      • Contact with hornets, wasps and bees: 1 in 63,225
      • Air and space transport incidents: 1 in 9,821
      • Firearm discharge: 1 in 6,905
      • Choking from inhalation and ingestion of food: 1 in 3,461
      • Heart disease and cancer: 1 in 7
Over 30 breeds and dog-types were associated with dog bite-related fatalities

Yes. A rare event.

Yes. A rare event.

Interesting...and your chances of being in a mass shooting are 1000 times LESS THAN THAT....FAR more "rare"
But you're all aboard the hysterical gun grabber train.
Seems your concept of "rare" events is rather biased.

Yes. A rare event.

Interesting...and your chances of being in a mass shooting are 1000 times LESS THAN THAT....FAR more "rare"
But you're all aboard the hysterical gun grabber train.
I wonder what that says about you?

Probably says more about you then me. I have a greater chance of dying from a gun then a dog.

I don’t call for banning all guns.

Probably says more about you then me. I have a greater chance of dying from a gun then a dog.
I don’t call for banning all guns.

Depends on where you live. In Chicago that's probably true. But again, are the Guns doing the violence or the sick person holding it? Do they not use knives and vehicles etc?

You also have a greater chance of being killed by lightning than by a gun. Perhaps you have phobic tendencies?

You shouldn't be calling for banning ANY guns. You should be calling for cures to Social Ailments that are the actual root of all the violence because it's not just guns.
FAR more people are killed by drunk and texting drivers. Where's the outrage?

Do you have any idea the odds of being stabbed in the UK? It's a national crisis.
What makes you think that even if certain guns were banned that murders wouldn't still rise?
So Death by Gun....bad. But death by knife....OK. ?

Worst of all.....show me your written guarantee that the USA is forever free from and totally immune to government tyranny....the real reason people have modern defensive arms.

And spare me the "it doesn't happen in modern times" garbage. FAR too many recent examples of just that occurring. People need to remain well armed, even if the cost is a small number of tragedies annually. Just as people still need cars and cell phones, even though many people die due to both each year.

Last edited:
An extremely rare event.

BS
Do your research.
VERY common.

Try it...Google.....

"PIT BULL ATTACK"

First, dog bites in general: Dog Bite Statistics (How Likely Are You To Get Bit?) | CanineJournal.com

Yes. A rare event.

And a Pitbull attack is much more likely to kill or seriously injure you than an attack by any other breed.

An extremely rare event.

BS
Do your research.
VERY common.

Try it...Google.....

"PIT BULL ATTACK"

First, dog bites in general: Dog Bite Statistics (How Likely Are You To Get Bit?) | CanineJournal.com

Yes. A rare event.

And a Pitbull attack is much more likely to kill or seriously injure you than an attack by any other breed.
Still legal to own.
Still the responsibility of the owner.
Crying about a breed on a website does nothing.
I would trust a Pitbull long before 90% of humans.

Guns, dog attacks, car wrecks.
Common denominator = careless thoughtless humans.

On topic is shitty pet owners who let their animals run wild.
If you are here to breed hate.
Post on the other threads.

Many "shitty" pet owners just happen to be Pit Bull owners. Not all...but too many.
Coincidence?

In the inner city big metro areas....that statistic jumps to nearly ALL because Pit's are USED as drug house protectors and for intimidation. In the inner city a pattern of Pit Bull ownership reveals mental illness, a violent past or criminal activity very often.
Miami-Dade outlawed Pits decades ago.

That single brave move has saved tens of thousands of dogs from horrible abuse and countless people from a tragic ending.
The Pit Bull load shifted to Broward County just north. On any given day, there are likely several thousand Pit Bulls held in horrendous conditions and kept in small cages in dark warehouses and homes waiting to be used in fighting.

In rural areas Pit Bull fighting criminals hold fights largely without fear and often are known to corrupt law enforcement.

"Good" Pit Bull owners would actively help expose the fighting and abuse. But they rarely do. Why?

Many "shitty" pet owners just happen to be Pit Bull owners. Not all...but too many.
Coincidence?

In the inner city big metro areas....that statistic jumps to nearly ALL because Pit's are USED as drug house protectors and for intimidation. In the inner city a pattern of Pit Bull ownership reveals mental illness, a violent past or criminal activity very often.
Miami-Dade outlawed Pits decades ago.

That single brave move has saved tens of thousands of dogs from horrible abuse and countless people from a tragic ending.
The Pit Bull load shifted to Broward County just north. On any given day, there are likely several thousand Pit Bulls held in horrendous conditions and kept in small cages in dark warehouses and homes waiting to be used in fighting.

In rural areas Pit Bull fighting criminals hold fights largely without fear and often are known to corrupt law enforcement.

"Good" Pit Bull owners would actively help expose the fighting and abuse. But they rarely do. Why?
Several shows on animal planet on just that. Those caught are prosecuted. There are also puppy mills, hoarders, bad breeders of every breed. All human caused.
Shepards, Rottweilers, Dobermans , etc. require human responsibility. I should have the right to own what is considered the AR15 of pets to protect my home.

My friends American Pitbull who is also my friend.

20180701_105704.jpg
American in the fact he is lazy, overweight, and sleeps all day between eating and shitting.
Despite the fact he would love, greet and kiss an intruder to death, makes him a horrible guard dog.
Only his bark and unearned reputation keep any intruder from even attempting.

Now what are you even arguing here?
Bans? Forced euthanasia of millions of pets?
Are you for personal choice and responsibility? Or just for what fits your views?
Or just hate Pitbulls despite the thousands of attacks by a variety of breeds, all blamed on the humans BTW?

So how many also have neighbors who let their dogs wander unrestrained through the neighborhood?

I don't have a dog. Love them as a species, just don't have the time to properly take care of one. Which leads to those that shouldn't own one.
I constantly step on crap and now the one neighbors dog digs under my shed and trailer to chase rabbits. Come to find my trailer a couple weeks ago with lighting wires all chewed up and trailer out of position. Suspected the dog, but no proof. Yesterday I catch the dog in the act. Neighbor sees me putting trailer back on block and comes over to tell me his dog digs there because of small critters under my shed.

I got real annoyed at that point and responded, "No, its because the dog is allowed to roam despite a city leash law which is stated in the monthly news letter".
That the dog needs to be kept in his yard and out of mine. Problem solved.
He actually looked dumbfounded I held him responsible.

Some folks shouldn't have pets.
I lived in the Country and my dog was loose but stayed on the 100 acrs with not problem. I had a tracking collars on the little Pup. Moved to the City and I just fenced in the yard. He still runs free and has adjusted well. Got him a buddy PUP and they play and roam the yard. I am surprised he has not dug out of tried to dig out under the fence.

So how many also have neighbors who let their dogs wander unrestrained through the neighborhood?

I don't have a dog. Love them as a species, just don't have the time to properly take care of one. Which leads to those that shouldn't own one.
I constantly step on crap and now the one neighbors dog digs under my shed and trailer to chase rabbits. Come to find my trailer a couple weeks ago with lighting wires all chewed up and trailer out of position. Suspected the dog, but no proof. Yesterday I catch the dog in the act. Neighbor sees me putting trailer back on block and comes over to tell me his dog digs there because of small critters under my shed.

I got real annoyed at that point and responded, "No, its because the dog is allowed to roam despite a city leash law which is stated in the monthly news letter".

I lived in the Country and my dog was loose but stayed on the 100 acrs with not problem. I had a tracking collars on the little Pup. Moved to the City and I just fenced in the yard. He still runs free and has adjusted well. Got him a buddy PUP and they play and roam the yard. I am surprised he has not dug out of tried to dig out under the fence.
Rest of my neighbors are very considerate and always know where their dogs are. They may come over to say hello, but go right back home. The one guy just lets his run loose all day no matter the weather either.

Several shows on animal planet on just that. Those caught are prosecuted. There are also puppy mills, hoarders, bad breeders of every breed. All human caused.
Shepards, Rottweilers, Dobermans , etc. require human responsibility. I should have the right to own what is considered the AR15 of pets to protect my home.

Interesting....why on earth would you equate a Pet with a Rifle ?
Police shoot and kill Pit Bulls every day. Even the largest Pit Bull has ZERO chance against a gun.
Why not take the responsibility for home protection into your own hands?

My friends American Pitbull who is also my friend.

View attachment 277434
American in the fact he is lazy, overweight, and sleeps all day between eating and shitting.
Despite the fact he would love, greet and kiss an intruder to death, makes him a horrible guard dog.
Only his bark and unearned reputation keep any intruder from even attempting.

Cool story.
My friends Pit Bull of 7 years for no apparent reason attacked his wife one day and mauled her arm so badly she can no longer use it.
The dog was euthanized. Neighbor across the street was attacked by his Pit Bull 2 weeks ago.
Why are these stories so frequent?

Now what are you even arguing here?
Bans? Forced euthanasia of millions of pets?
Are you for personal choice and responsibility? Or just for what fits your views?
Or just hate Pitbulls despite the thousands of attacks by a variety of breeds, all blamed on the humans BTW?

In metro areas like Miami, NewYork, Chicago, Baltimore etc etc etc....YES. ABSOLUTELY. Ban Pit Bulls there.
And NO...do not euthanize not one single Pit Bull ever. Just prohibit their ownership in large metro areas because it goes along with criminal element and dog fighting far too often.
Let those already there live out their lives. In time the numbers will go down.

Having an animal is not a "Right". Like driving, it is a privilege. Guns in America by contrast are a Constitutional RIGHT.

Hate PitBulls? Me? You don't know me. I've rescued Pits that were wondering the city streets and helped them.

But you may have a good suggestion / point.....

It should be law that you may NOT own or keep a Pit Bull if......
1). You have a history of Domestic violence
2). You have any Felony convictions where violence, animals or weapons were involved.
3). You may not own or keep Pitbulls if you have a mental health history
4). You may not own or keep Pit Bulls if you have been convicted of a drug offense.
5). Dog fighter should be a capital offense for the host or promoter.

Not me, I've trained my dog to go only in the neighbor who lives beside me that had Hillary signs last election in their yard.

Just remember, there are no inconsiderate dog owners, just inconsiderate dogs is all.

I've had pit bulls and dobermans. All easy to train, non aggressive, good around kids. Getting them as pups are best but I adopted one male pit bull from people that were moving into an aparment, couldn't keep him. One of the dobies adopted one of my cockatiels and they hung out together. Depends on the dog's background and how it's treated. You can make most any dog aggressive or not aggressive, at least from what I know about dogs the last 65 or more years.

Forum List

Back