Income inequality you say? Let's start with pro sports

Oh I see. So since you feel I'm "stupid" for watching football, perhaps you could enlighten me on what I should do with my time on Sunday afternoons in the Fall when football is on?

Reading a book or volunteering your time are always great options.

Sunday afternoons in the Fall are the only time one can do these activities?

Sunday afternoons in the Fall are the only time football happens?

Somebody PLEASE let ESPN know that. They think it's a 24/7/365 thing.

Sunday afternoons in the Fall are the only time one can do these activities?

No. Just suggesting some options. I watch football and basketball as well.

I know. I was curious to the OP's answer since people like you and are apparently stupid for watching sports.

The OP is a moron for starters. I would only not watch sports if I had a problem with the money the owners were raking in. The players get pretty much shafted in relation to the income generated by the business.

[
Oh I see. So since you feel I'm "stupid" for watching football, perhaps you could enlighten me on what I should do with my time on Sunday afternoons in the Fall when football is on?

You're getting off the issue. The point i'm making is that athletes are non-productive and far more deserving of "income inequality" criticism than corp ceos.

LBJ makes 60 mill every year but his job does nothing to help america.

[

You're getting off the issue. The point i'm making is that athletes are non-productive and far more deserving of "income inequality" criticism than corp ceos.

It helps america watch the Miami Heat play. If he did nothing to help america he wouldn't be paid 60 million dummy.

[

Well you did call millions of people "stupid". Perhaps if you don't want to get off topic then don't make those types of comments.

So if there was no Miami Heat or professional sports in general what would happen to the vendors? The hotels and airlines that host these teams? What would be the economic impact on some of these cities for losing a team? What about the companies that buy ads during the games to advertise their products?

Sports is a big business not only for the athletes, but for millions of people who don't even play. Not to mention sports has a unique way of bringing people together. What about all the money given to charities by sports teams and athletes?

You make a statement that LBJ makes 60 mil a year but does nothing to help America. But you haven't really thought it all through from the hot dog vendor working hard to make ends meet to the family during the Holidays these guys help. Millions of people are impacted by what these guys do in ways you haven't even considered.

If you guys really want to use Pro Sports as an example.

The Pro-Sports have unions for the players. So even if you are not a superstar, there is still provisions for you to get a good salary.

If the rest of the world worked like this, I'd be fine with it.

The Pro-Sports have unions for the players. So even if you are not a superstar, there is still provisions for you to get a good salary.

Exactly! Plenty of athletes are making way more than they deserve thanks to the unions. Baseball is the biggest example. Obviously many athletes do deserve the money they get but because the baseball union is so strong, too many of them get paid way more than they deserve and it's ruining the sport.

Last edited:

Exactly! Plenty of athletes are making way more than they deserve thanks to the unions. Baseball is the biggest example. Obviously many athletes do deserve the money they get but because the baseball union is so strong, too many of them get paid way more than they deserve and it's ruining the sport.

How would you define that as "ruining the sport", exactly.

Frankly, baseball is just as boring as it has always been.

Except for that breif period when they were all doing 'roids, and it was kind of interesting for a while.

You are really off base. They deserve what they get because they bring in bigger bucks for their employer. A engineer brings in more money for their company than a janitor. Same principle. If you want to be paid more become more valuable in a financial sense for your employer.

I don't believe anyone deserves millions of dollars for playing games or being CEO of an advertising agency.

They are both overpaid.
In what way? Is the market unable to bear their salaries?

Considering where those salaries come from ... when's the last time you could afford to attend a Pro Sports (read: Business) game?

Plenty of people can and as long as that is the case they'll be able to continue paying them those salaries. When it gets to the point teams start losing money because prices get too expensive and attendance drops they'll be forced to lower their prices and pay the players less.

I don't believe anyone deserves millions of dollars for playing games or being CEO of an advertising agency.

It is non of you fucking business what another person makes in private business. you should be more concerned with what your school superintendents and other government people make, that's what you pay for unless you by tickets for the super bowl for over $2,000.00 per.

You make a statement that LBJ makes 60 mil a year but does nothing to help America. But you haven't really thought it all through from the hot dog vendor working hard to make ends meet to the family during the Holidays these guys help. Millions of people are impacted by what these guys do in ways you haven't even considered.

Hot dog vendors.??? To you that's the big benefit america gets from paying LBJ 60 mill a year? Lemme me tell you something - selling carcinogenic hot dogs for $3 is not doing america any good.

I realize lots of people have jobs because of pro sports, but none of the jobs improve america. THINK

Last edited:
It is non of you fucking business what another person makes in private business. .

HAHAHA. What a stupid thing to say. Salaries are passed on to the customer, so of course it's my business. THINK

The salaries cannot be passed on to the consumers by force. I think somewhere you are missing this critical fact in your rationale. You should just admit it PO's you that a Black man like Lebron can make more money in his career than you can if you died and came back for 50 lifetimes.

Last edited:

Ad agencies are in the business of lying to people. It's a shame such companies exist, but that's how capitalism works.

Forum List

Back