Income inequality is fine by me.

You guys are all retards, seriously.

Its not that a burger flipper wants to make the same as a CEO.

Its not that people dont want to work hard to advance and earn their money.

You are being pig headed about the issue.

The issue is that 400 people own 40% of wealth, that is a very unstable system.

The issue is that corporate profits are at all time highs, while since the 70s CEO pay has grown 300% to an accountant/officer/machinist/small business owners earnings have only gone up 23%.

As a percent, they should have grown the same. The same %, dummies, not the same dollar amount.

So 300% more for doing the same job versus 23% more for doing the SAME JOB.

ceos didnt become super heros and regular joe store managers became lazy and retarded.

No.

Something else is going on, and youre a dumbfuck for buying into the "theyre jealous....lazy...dont wanna work for it..." lines.

THEY are YOU. THICK FUCKS.

no, it is NOT.

It has been that way for 90 years.

Now, do I agree that the economy is strangled in stagnation? yes, I do. Do I consider unemployment unacceptably high? yes, I do.
Who is to blame?

your beloved dimocraps policies which strangle the economy and growth, not the CEOs and their jets :lol:

stop overregulation and overtaxation, repeal obamacare and dodd-frank( reinstate glass-steagall instead) and stop intrfering with the small businesses - if you want the economy to start growing and jobs be created.

oh, and forget about the CEOs and "minimal wages" and all other class warfare crap.

I think you miss the point......income inequality is not a redistribution of wealth like the rightwing propaganda machine constantly spouts, but a redistribution of opportunity.
In your analogy it is not setting aside the higher grades for the privileged few

In a nutshell, giving a selected few of the students the answers in advance

Tell that to the Prez, to him it's about taking someone else's money and giving it to another.

It hasnt been that way for 90 years you dunce. Ceo pay versus regular employee pay has SEPERATED by over 200% since the 70's.

AS A PERCENT.

I think you miss the point......income inequality is not a redistribution of wealth like the rightwing propaganda machine constantly spouts, but a redistribution of opportunity.
In your analogy it is not setting aside the higher grades for the privileged few

In a nutshell, giving a selected few of the students the answers in advance

my father left us, we lived on welfare...my mother strongly believed in education and did whatever it took for me to get my professional degree

what is your point?

If the wealthy make rules to benefit themselves only and not allow anyone else to become wealthy, then no one would become wealthy. We know that's not true. For some reason immigrants can come here, not even knowing the language, and become very wealthy.

The rich won't let me, is the mark of someone without ambition, motivation or even interest in bettering their own lives. It's like the losing football team claiming that their inability to score is the fault of the opposing team not letting them get a touchdown. It's an excuse for their own failure.

Don't transfer your misconceptions to the rest of us. Becoming moderately wealthy through everyday commerce is of course possible but to enter the ranks of the truly elite, the power brokers, the politician buyers, is beyond even your wildest flights of fancy. It's the same old, old money that has entrenched its own selfish interests into our political structure, trumping our interests, that concern us, not the car dealer or the store owner that has actually built something honestly.

Big fucking deal.

Grow up and better yourself if you want more, it is just that simple.

You sound like a fucking 12 year old.

"It is just not FAIR" cried the fucking little 12 year old.

Opportunity Inequality...
Corporate CEOs tell the BLS that the US needs more Engineers.
The US produces Engineers.
The Corporate CEOs than states that every Engineer that isn't born in India in lacking the skill-set for the 12th century.
The we legislate 80000+ Business Visas for the current year.

Go ahead, Conservative taking heads, claim we don't ship in over 80K Indian business visas every year.

Yeah, Corporate CEOs!

I posted without any difficulty.

Share of wealth held by Top 1% in the United States, 1922-1998.
Source: 1922-1989 data from Edward N. Wolff, Top Heavy (New Press: 1996). 1992-1998 data from Edward N. Wolff, "Recent Trends in Wealth Ownership, 1983-98," Jerome Levy Economics Institute, April 2000.
Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

A review of the criteria demonstrates this is an inaccurate low-value rating. It is probably 25 to 30% under represented.

because you did it on the computer, not on the phone :D

it is THE SAME EXACT TABLE - in all the articles.

The table disproves the hysteria of big changes in the distribution of wealth.

It has been grossly the same for 90 years.

the best balance was under Nixon and shortly after him - and the income of the American family under Nixon was growing at the same speed as the public debt ( I can't find that graph, I tried) - and starting from the Carter era the debt skyrockets and the family income grows very slowly.

THIS is the cause of decreasing feeling of well-being - because the skyrocketing debt is causing inflation.

I posted without any difficulty.

Share of wealth held by Top 1% in the United States, 1922-1998.
Source: 1922-1989 data from Edward N. Wolff, Top Heavy (New Press: 1996). 1992-1998 data from Edward N. Wolff, "Recent Trends in Wealth Ownership, 1983-98," Jerome Levy Economics Institute, April 2000.
Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

A review of the criteria demonstrates this is an inaccurate low-value rating. It is probably 25 to 30% under represented.

because you did it on the computer, not on the phone :D

it is THE SAME EXACT TABLE - in all the articles.

The table disproves the hysteria of big changes in the distribution of wealth.

It has been grossly the same for 90 years.

the best balance was under Nixon and shortly after him - and the income of the American family under Nixon was growing at the same speed as the public debt ( I can't find that graph, I tried) - and starting from the Carter era the debt skyrockets and the family income grows very slowly.

THIS is the cause of decreasing feeling of well-being - because the skyrocketing debt is causing inflation.

Some prices goods and services have increased some have decreased considerably.
The essentials have increased, some due to the elevation in global energy demand some due to Directors and CEOs needing to maintain their post DOT COM lifestyles.

This has NOTHING to do with shrinking opportunity.

If the wealthy make rules to benefit themselves only and not allow anyone else to become wealthy, then no one would become wealthy. We know that's not true. For some reason immigrants can come here, not even knowing the language, and become very wealthy.

The rich won't let me, is the mark of someone without ambition, motivation or even interest in bettering their own lives. It's like the losing football team claiming that their inability to score is the fault of the opposing team not letting them get a touchdown. It's an excuse for their own failure.

Don't transfer your misconceptions to the rest of us. Becoming moderately wealthy through everyday commerce is of course possible but to enter the ranks of the truly elite, the power brokers, the politician buyers, is beyond even your wildest flights of fancy. It's the same old, old money that has entrenched its own selfish interests into our political structure, trumping our interests, that concern us, not the car dealer or the store owner that has actually built something honestly.

Big fucking deal.

You sound far more like a child than I did when I was actually a child.

no, I did not miss anything

Share of wealth held by the Bottom 99% and Top 1% in the United States, 1922-2010.

Year Bottom 99% Top 1%
1922 63.3% 36.7%
1929 55.8% 44.2%
1933 66.7% 33.3%
1939 63.6% 36.4%
1945 70.2% 29.8%
1949 72.9% 27.1%
1953 68.8% 31.2%
1962 68.2% 31.8%
1965 65.6% 34.4%
1969 68.9% 31.1%
1972 70.9% 29.1%
1976 80.1% 19.9%
1979 79.5% 20.5%
1981 75.2% 24.8%
1983 69.1% 30.9%
1986 68.1% 31.9%
1989 64.3% 35.7%
1992 62.8% 37.2%
1995 61.5% 38.5%
1998 61.9% 38.1%
2001 66.6% 33.4%
2004 65.7% 34.3%
2007 65.4% 34.6%
2010 64.6% 35.4%
Sources: 1922-1989 data from Wolff (1996), 1992-2010 data from Wolff (2012)[23]

the figures prove what I said ( and I said it based on this table) and they also prove that when we have the left in power - the 1% accumulates MORE than 99%.

as it is happening in the last 5 years

That is complete bullshit. You didn't even provide a link. The real proof is in my signature

Vox will not provide a link.

Priceless irony, Fakey you NEVER provide anything but your worthless opinions.

Serious question here:

I agree that things are clearly out of whack. For those of you who are arguing for "income equality", precisely what is your fix for this, and what do you see as potential negative ramifications of your fix?

Im doing fine in life.

Its not about me.personally. its about the country having worked together to get us to where we are today - and % of compensation for such not rising as an equal PERCENTAGE (NOT THE SAME AS EQUAL DOLLARS).

Im not surr of the solution. It likely starts at getting money out of politics and also redefining monopoly rules.

Hey dumbfuck. An accountant in the 70's versus an accountant today does not do anything less. Their wage simply did not keep up with inflation.

The same is true for 85% of the Country amd jobs out there.

Its not a determined fate thing you pie eyed schmuck, its a system is rigged thing.

God damn the arrogance.

If youre not one of the 400 then just shut the fuck up....seriously. just shut the fuck up. Youre the horse they lead to the edge of the lava willfully smiling gleefully and theyll give you that last lil nudge while laughing their asses off. Dipstick.

What a pleasant little man you seem to be.

Quit bitching and moaning about somebody else's money and earn your own.

I earn plenty of money. Straw man / distration...etc etc

Just stfu and stay bending over.

You might be doing well as well. But if the country wasnt corrupt, i assure you that for the same occupation youre working now youd be doing WAY better.

Serious question here:

I agree that things are clearly out of whack. For those of you who are arguing for "income equality", precisely what is your fix for this, and what do you see as potential negative ramifications of your fix?

There are a lot of fixes but they all involve holding the powerful accountable for their actions. History has shown that there is no upper limit to how many of the common folk they will ruin or kill to avoid that. At this point it is almost a lost cause to even charge a billionaire or megacorp with a crime they clearly committed or to get anything that looks like real justice should a judgement ever be reached. In short that would be all it takes, to clearly show that ALL our citizens are held to the same standards of lawfulness and punish banking fraud costing millions with the same harshness that we would a guy robbing the same bank for a few thousand with a gun and mask.

Big fucking deal.

You sound far more like a child than I did when I was actually a child.

LOL, if I want more I work harder...it is just that simple.

I don't sit on my ass and whine about "inequality of opportunity".

Serious question here:

There are a lot of fixes but they all involve holding the powerful accountable for their actions. History has shown that there is no upper limit to how many of the common folk they will ruin or kill to avoid that. At this point it is almost a lost cause to even charge a billionaire or megacorp with a crime they clearly committed or to get anything that looks like real justice should a judgement ever be reached. In short that would be all it takes, to clearly show that ALL our citizens are held to the same standards of lawfulness and punish banking fraud costing millions with the same harshness that we would a guy robbing the same bank for a few thousand with a gun and mask.

I think you're going off in the wrong direction. Fraud, greed, crime and abuse are sure as hell not specific to America. And their strong presence is only a result of the vast wealth and opportunity here. Our regulatory system is terribly inefficient and generally shitty, and I have to wonder why so many still have so much faith in the federal bureaucracy. It sure would be nice if our "regulators" could do their job better without piling regulatory band-aid on top of regulatory band-aid. But that's not where the biggest changes could happen.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back