Debate Now Incivility

Check all that apply. IMO, people are generally uncivil because:

• 1. They don't know any better.

• 2. It is fun and/or feels good.

• 3. Idiots deserve to be put down.

• 4. It is the only way to be taken seriously.

• 5. They don't want to be seen as a goody two shoes.

• 6. Because everybody else does it.

• 7. It is a way to relieve their frustrations.

• 8. They are social misfits.

• 9. To cover up their ignorance or insecurities.

• 10. Other (and I'll explain in my post)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can also tend to be uncivil when I know a person I am trying to debate with is being dishonest. I get angry sometimes. :mad-61: I think one of the issues that I get the most worked up over is the 2nd amendment. I don't even own a gun. Lol! I just feel like it is imperative and extremely important to preserve each and every one of our rights.
That just agreeing to disagree and not really personal. Innit? There can be heated debate, sure. But when it gets to where it goes personal BECAUSE of those differences..that is what is uncivil. And just flat out being mean. Period. Right?
You may agree to disagree with that. I won't mind. :)

What? No, flat out lying is uncivil. I'm not talking about legitimate debate.
I'm not talking about debating. I'm talking about general convos. Every time I ask Mr Gracie what he wants for dinner and he wants steak and I want chicken, we are not debating the pros and cons of each. We are discussing what each of us are in the mood for. If he wants steak..then I will fix him one. And I will fix me a chicken leg. Problem solved.
And, how can lies be uncivil?

"Do I look fat in this"?
"No dear. You look lovely". (lied, but didn't want to hurt feelings).

Yes. Absolutely.

Gracie, let's show them how civility looks.

How are you today? Nice to see you here!

(your turn)
:smiliehug:
I was gonna do that anyway after my chant ended. :tongue:

:lol:

Now, dear Gracie, let's show them how incivility looks. Shall I start, or can you throw a really nasty left hook?

:D
Only if you hurt me. Then I tend to hit back as hard as I can. However...even then, I won't cross certain lines. Control over myself, Stat. Something many can't seem to conquer. Myself included at times.

:thup:

Only if I Yurt you?

Oh, "hurt" you.

Sorry, was a long day, my eyes are tired, you know....

Ohhhh man, if this thread wasn't supposed to be civil, I could make some jokes. :p

Is this thread suddenly about my avatar? Wow, cool!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Just curious. A little defensive? :D Some of you are SUPER sensitive about avatars, huh?

Nee, not at all. I like my avi just as it is right now. Just didn't realize this thread was about my avi. Hmmmm...

Hey, how is your vagina doing today? Is it upside down, and if so, how do you feel about it?

Cordially,

Stat

You see, you are one of the uncivil ones on the left. Thanks for putting that on display for everyone to see. Good job.

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

You tried to pose a question to bait me, but it had no effect on me.

I then used a technique to show you how ridiculous it was, what you did, in the first place.

For you see, attacking my avatar has nothing to do with this thread, just like talking about your vagina would have nothing to do with this thread.

You are quite welcome for this wholesome learning experience.

I tried to bait you? :lol: I asked you why you had your avatar upside down? A legitimate question out of curiosity. I'm sorry if you are paranoid.

Uh, Riiiiiight...

I can also tend to be uncivil when I know a person I am trying to debate with is being dishonest. I get angry sometimes. :mad-61: I think one of the issues that I get the most worked up over is the 2nd amendment. I don't even own a gun. Lol! I just feel like it is imperative and extremely important to preserve each and every one of our rights.
That just agreeing to disagree and not really personal. Innit? There can be heated debate, sure. But when it gets to where it goes personal BECAUSE of those differences..that is what is uncivil. And just flat out being mean. Period. Right?

I'm not talking about debating. I'm talking about general convos. Every time I ask Mr Gracie what he wants for dinner and he wants steak and I want chicken, we are not debating the pros and cons of each. We are discussing what each of us are in the mood for. If he wants steak..then I will fix him one. And I will fix me a chicken leg. Problem solved.

"Do I look fat in this"?

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about on this forum when having a debate. None of what I'm discussing has anything to do with real life. I'm strictly speaking about things I observe here on the forum.

Yes. Absolutely.

(your turn)

Now, dear Gracie, let's show them how incivility looks. Shall I start, or can you throw a really nasty left hook?

Only if you hurt me. Then I tend to hit back as hard as I can. However...even then, I won't cross certain lines. Control over myself, Stat. Something many can't seem to conquer. Myself included at times.

Only if I Yurt you?

Oh, "hurt" you.

Ohhhh man, if this thread wasn't supposed to be civil, I could make some jokes. :p
Civil jokes or incivil ones? Ah. THAT is the question.

Just curious. A little defensive? :D Some of you are SUPER sensitive about avatars, huh?

Nee, not at all. I like my avi just as it is right now. Just didn't realize this thread was about my avi. Hmmmm...

Hey, how is your vagina doing today? Is it upside down, and if so, how do you feel about it?

Cordially,

Stat

You see, you are one of the uncivil ones on the left. Thanks for putting that on display for everyone to see. Good job.

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

I then used a technique to show you how ridiculous it was, what you did, in the first place.

For you see, attacking my avatar has nothing to do with this thread, just like talking about your vagina would have nothing to do with this thread.

I tried to bait you? :lol: I asked you why you had your avatar upside down? A legitimate question out of curiosity. I'm sorry if you are paranoid.

Uh, Riiiiiight...

Uh right what? Sorry that you view a simple harmless question about a stupid avatar as somehow attacking you. :rolleyes:

Cordially,

Stat

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

My vagina is a personal part of my anatomy. Your avatar is NOT. Now, perhaps you would have more luck with the ladies if you were less uncivil?

She swings,......... and she misses!

The point was not to point to your anatomy. The point was to illustrate how ridiculous it was for you to focus in on my avatar on this thread to begin with. It was a learning experience for you, esteemed colleague of USMB. You are welcome!

Only if I Yurt you?

Oh, "hurt" you.

Civil jokes or incivil ones? Ah. THAT is the question.

Uncivil of course! :lol:

Cordially,

Stat

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

My vagina is a personal part of my anatomy. Your avatar is NOT. Now, perhaps you would have more luck with the ladies if you were less uncivil?

She swings,......... and she misses!

The point was not to point to your anatomy. The point was to illustrate how ridiculous it was for you to focus in on my avatar on this thread to begin with. It was a learning experience for you, esteemed colleague of USMB. You are welcome!

Look, I noticed that your avatar was upside down is all. Stop being so paranoid! Do you think everyone is out to get you or something? Besides, this is a stupid forum. Stop making everything so dramatic.

"Do I look fat in this"?

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about on this forum when having a debate. None of what I'm discussing has anything to do with real life. I'm strictly speaking about things I observe here on the forum.
You are talking about debating. The topic is uncivility in all concepts and phases.

Cordially,

Stat

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

Your question would only make sense were you privy to my private life, which you will never be, and even then, I believe you would be very surprised at the answer. Of course, that question of yours was also uncivil, but I can live with it. Righty incivility is always tolerated in USMB. :D

"Do I look fat in this"?

You are talking about debating. The topic is uncivility in all concepts and phases.

Okay, but that is not what the post you quoted of mine was talking about.

Yes. Absolutely.

(your turn)

Only if I Yurt you?

Oh, "hurt" you.

That is, of course, the beauty of another zone.

I will give a hint:

It rhymes with "Plame Phone"

"Do I look fat in this"?

Is very civil until the moment where you overhear him mentioning to his best bud that that dress was loose on you just two years ago....

No, Gracie, not the frying pan, anything but the frying pan!!!

Cordially,

Stat

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

Your question would only make sense were you privy to my private life, which you will never be, and even then, I believe you would be very surprised at the answer. Of course, that question of yours was also uncivil, but I can live with it. Righty incivility is always tolerated in USMB. :D

My question was about your public forum avatar. I asked nothing about your private life and I never have, and I don't care to know. Also, in order to be civil, you could have said that you didn't wish to divulge such information, but you had to go "there" like you always do. You are the epitome of incivility here on the forum in my opinion of course. :biggrin:

Only if I Yurt you?

Oh, "hurt" you.

That is, of course, the beauty of another zone.

I will give a hint:

It rhymes with "Plame Phone"

Too much drama. Too many drama queens. :wink_2:

Cordially,

Stat

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

My question was about your public forum avatar. I asked nothing about your private life and I never have, and I don't care to know. Also, in order to be civil, you could have said that you didn't wish to divulge such information, but you had to go "there" like you always do. You are the epitome of incivility here on the forum in my opinion of course. :biggrin:

You are still missing the point. You wanted to derail the thread by talking about my avatar.
Hint: wanna know? Start a thread, I may just indulge you.

To show you how ridiculous your query was, I then asked about your vagina, as a direct response to your inappropriate and uncivil inquiry. Now, I am not really interested in your vagina on this thread - the question was intended for shock value to make you aware of what you did.

Now, if any of those words I wrote are too difficult for you, I can gladly simplify this for you - again.

PS. I knew you would react this way and just want to let you know that you just helped me to win a bet! Thanks!!!

Cordially,

Stat

Not at all.

Quite the opposite.

Uh, Riiiiiight...

Uh right what? Sorry that you view a simple harmless question about a stupid avatar as somehow attacking you. :rolleyes:

RULE BREAKER!!!!! No incivility against upside down avatars

Forum List

Back