Inaugural benediction: Pray that “white will embrace what is right”

I'll split a hair here...

When criticism involves race as an issue it can be criticism and not racism if a discussion of say an individual focuses on motivations, actions and words of the individual (and more) and not on those things as being inherent to a race.

Because on the genetic level, does race really exist? There is no race gene is there?

Geneticists are uncovering another level of human ethnic diversity: It may not be which genes we have so much as the way they behave that accounts for our differences. Using the International HapMap Project, which catalogs human gene variants across populations, University of Pennsylvania researchers Vivian Cheung and Richard Spielman first collected the gene sequences of a particular white blood cell from 82 Asians and 60 people of European descent. Then, using microarray chips, they measured expression levels of those genes.

What they found was surprising: Although which genes were present didn’t differ dramatically between the Asians and the Europeans, their expression did. And that expression was governed by single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)—one-letter changes in DNA*—in nearby regulator regions that determine how much of a gene’s product is made. Overall, 25 percent of the genes seem to show different levels of expression in Asians versus Europeans, and SNPs in regulatory regions probably account for much of the difference. In the case of one gene, researchers found that Caucasians expressed it at 22 times the strength that Asians did.

When the criticism doesn't involve race then I will call it criticism. When it involves race, then I will call it racism. Splitting hairs with semantics doesn't change what the idea behind the words is.

Only problem with that is it doesn't work that way. I can criticize a minority for doing or saying something---whatever. The response is " you are just saying that because you are a bigot.

I am not a bigot and the person is only making a wild guess at my motivation for the criticism so what I have to say is ignored ONLY because I am not one of them.

I'll split a hair here...

When criticism involves race as an issue it can be criticism and not racism if a discussion of say an individual focuses on motivations, actions and words of the individual (and more) and not on those things as being inherent to a race.

Because on the genetic level, does race really exist? There is no race gene is there?

Conceded.

Only problem with that is it doesn't work that way. I can criticize a minority for doing or saying something---whatever. The response is " you are just saying that because you are a bigot.

I am not a bigot and the person is only making a wild guess at my motivation for the criticism so what I have to say is ignored ONLY because I am not one of them.

You said something to the effect of blacks should stop committing crimes if they don't want to be beaten by cops. Instead, saying the blacks that commit crimes and are subsequently beaten by cops should just stop committing crimes would have been a better way of putting it. The first statement makes it seem like all blacks commit crimes.

By generalizing a group for the actions or statements of one or a few of them, especially when that group is a minority, strongly indicates bigotry. By better expressing yourself you may avoid a statement that seems bigotted. You'll engage people to understand you better instead of repelling them by helping them to misunderstand you. That's my opinion. I'm no expert, however.

You said something to the effect of blacks should stop committing crimes if they don't want to be beaten by cops. Instead, saying the blacks that commit crimes and are subsequently beaten by cops should just stop committing crimes would have been a better way of putting it. The first statement makes it seem like all blacks commit crimes.

I never said anything of the sort. I know full well all blacks aren't criminals and all cops don't beat blacks.

Some do however and that's not a race problem. It's a legal problem.
They both are lawbreakers.

My apologies...it was a quote....

Geneticists are uncovering another level of human ethnic diversity: It may not be which genes we have so much as the way they behave that accounts for our differences. Using the International HapMap Project, which catalogs human gene variants across populations, University of Pennsylvania researchers Vivian Cheung and Richard Spielman first collected the gene sequences of a particular white blood cell from 82 Asians and 60 people of European descent. Then, using microarray chips, they measured expression levels of those genes.

What they found was surprising: Although which genes were present didn’t differ dramatically between the Asians and the Europeans, their expression did. And that expression was governed by single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)—one-letter changes in DNA*—in nearby regulator regions that determine how much of a gene’s product is made. Overall, 25 percent of the genes seem to show different levels of expression in Asians versus Europeans, and SNPs in regulatory regions probably account for much of the difference. In the case of one gene, researchers found that Caucasians expressed it at 22 times the strength that Asians did.

English....plain English please?

If you want to do a lecture start your own thread and see who signs up. :lol:

seriously though, what are you trying to say?

I never said anything of the sort. I know full well all blacks aren't criminals and all cops don't beat blacks.

Some do however and that's not a race problem. It's a legal problem.
They both are lawbreakers.

People do indeed put words in eachother's mouths.

no one made any wild guesses about you. check the dosage level of your meds with your doctor. they might need an adjustment.

no one made any wild guesses about you. check the dosage level of your meds with your doctor. they might need an adjustment.

actually they did---they made an assumption that I am biased and only made that statement because of my bias. The possiblilty that I actually WAS criticizing behavior gets totally overlooked.

actually they did---they made an assumption that I am biased and only made that statement because of my bias. The possiblilty that I actually WAS criticizing behavior gets totally overlooked.

believe my dear dildoquack, not much gets over looked when it comes to you. there ain't all that much there to overlook in the first place. :cool:

English....plain English please?

If you want to do a lecture start your own thread and see who signs up. :lol:

seriously though, what are you trying to say?

There is not a gene. Just how certain genes act.... I guess my genes were acting all ghetto!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back