In which ways was Andrew Jackson the antithesis of Republicanism?

I prefer to think of Jefferson as the founder of the Democratic party, in fact the party traces its
heritage back to Jefferson, but during the Jackson era the liberals finally settled on the name Democratic party. Jackson is also noted as the only president that the debt was paid off during his administration. Unfortunately, the paying off of the debt eventually caused another depression.

Not exactly.

Democrats have generally been the populist party.
Republicans have generally favored the wealthy.

Andrew Jackson was a racist, bigoted a*****e who uprooted Native Americans from their homelands and killed hundreds of them by forcing them to march to Oklahoma, an area as far from their lands as was possible at the time.

He should never be celebrated for anything and should be truly the worst president in American history.

I saw that ridiculous movie of his life and laughed or cried through most of it for the obvious lies and outright false presentations of his life.

He was great at killing Indians and only became famous for defeating the British at New Orleans AFTER the peace accord was signed.

Get your left wing horseshit out of here. You aren't a real American.

Either you are a puppet or a "left winger" playing a role.

Can't figure out which.

But it's pretty transparent.

:eusa_whistle:

Andrew Jackson was a racist, bigoted a*****e who uprooted Native Americans from their homelands and killed hundreds of them by forcing them to march to Oklahoma, an area as far from their lands as was possible at the time.

He should never be celebrated for anything and should be truly the worst president in American history.

I saw that ridiculous movie of his life and laughed or cried through most of it for the obvious lies and outright false presentations of his life.

He was great at killing Indians and only became famous for defeating the British at New Orleans AFTER the peace accord was signed.

Andrew Jackson was a leftist LOL, he hated capitalism

Andrew Jackson was a leftist LOL, he hated capitalism

If by Capitalism you mean banker oligarchy, then yes, he despised finance capitalism. This doesn't make him a leftist though.

I am not surprised you hate Jackson though, considering the modern GOP(and the Modern Democrat Party) are vassals of Wall Street.

So you think a private federal reserve, a debt based fractional reserve money system run by wall street bankers, is a good thing?

What a tool you are.

Nobody in New Orleans on either side knew it had been signed at the time of the battle, so that point is moot.

Social market democracy is moving into its second century, and guess what, folks: it is here to stay.

Last edited:

Are You Kidding Me?

Di you bother to look at my avatar?

Either you are a puppet or a "left winger" playing a role.

Can't figure out which.

But it's pretty transparent.

:eusa_whistle:

Please point out to me ANYTHING in my post that was NOT historically factual!!!

Let's get something straight. I am not and will never denigrate The United States of America.

Jackson WAS NOT elected by popular vote but by the system in use before the constitution amendment came about.

In addition to his legal and political career, Jackson prospered as planter, slave owner, and merchant. He built a home and the first general store in Gallatin, Tennessee in 1803. The next year he acquired the Hermitage, a 640-acre (259 ha) plantation in Davidson County, near Nashville. Jackson later added 360 acres (146 ha) to the plantation, which eventually grew to 1,050 acres (425 ha). The primary crop was cotton, grown by enslaved workers. Starting with nine slaves, Jackson held as many as 44 by 1820, and later held up to 150 slaves, making him among the planter elite. Throughout his lifetime Jackson may have owned as many as 300 slaves

Now, here's some TRUTH about Jackson - as a slave owner he HATED the Choctaw and Cherokee, along with the Seminole, as they readily took in and adopted runaway slaves into their towns and clans. They were a threat to the system of slave ownership and that was one of the reasons that Jackson and others did what they could to remove them from their areas.

So, does the truth about Jackson make me a traitor? Not hardly. I makes me a proud American who just wants our history put in its correct perspective.

If you can't see that, YOU are the jerk!!!

I prefer to think of Jefferson as the founder of the Democratic party, in fact the party traces its
heritage back to Jefferson, but during the Jackson era the liberals finally settled on the name Democratic party. Jackson is also noted as the only president that the debt was paid off during his administration. Unfortunately, the paying off of the debt eventually caused another depression.

Not exactly.

Democrats have generally been the populist party.
Republicans have generally favored the wealthy.

Neither the populist or wealthy thing have anything to do with the post:
when was today's Democratic party founded and by what individuals. I say Jefferson and the name was changed to Democratic during the Jackson administration.

Forum List

Back