In two years, some 500 Indian workers died on 2022 World Cup construction sites

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It's a shame how so many of these poor Indians are treated like virtually slaves in the Gulf States. There was once a video showing the terrible conditions they had to live and work under.

» 02/20/2014 14:30

QATAR

In two years, some 500 Indian workers died on 2022 World Cup construction sites

For Qatar, the death toll is "normal" given the large number of workers from India in the country. Activists and international organizations accuse the Gulf State of continuing to violate the human rights of foreign workers.

Doha (AsiaNews/Agencies) - About 500 migrants from India died in Qatar in the last two years, with an average of 20 deaths per month.

Many of them worked on construction sites in Doha where preparations are underway for the 2022 World Cup.

The figures come from the Indian Embassy in Qatar, which did not however provide details of the circumstances leading to their deaths.

QATAR - INDIA In two years, some 500 Indian workers died on 2022 World Cup construction sites - Asia News

Good thing there is a lot of them

Do you really think you would see all those buildings erected in the Gulf States if it wasn't for the hard work of these Indian laborers? Do you actually think the citizens of the Gulf States would ever exert themselves to do this hard work.

Good thing there is a lot of them

Do you really think you would see all those buildings erected in the Gulf States if it wasn't for the hard work of these Indian laborers? Do you actually think the citizens of the Gulf States would ever exert themselves to do this hard work.

Tank only likes white people. Don't think too far into what he posts.

A small insight-----some years ago---my son was active duty USA NAVY----his ship docked--
several times in the ports of EMIRATE countries. For a bit of background---my kid
is familiar with indian hindus in the USA -----from childhood. In fact when a bit of a
tyke-----his baby sitter was an indian hindu grandma-----who was also caring for her own
grandkids whilst her daughter and son-in-law worked in the same hospital in which
I was working.--------a RELIGIOUS WOMAN-----she taught him all kinds of hindu customs---
and------the best way to eat rice by hand. He was delighted (as was I) Thus he knows hindus so well-----that whenever he and his mates were in strange countries he sought out INDIAN RESTAURANTS for his mates (he found one even in scotland)

getting back to the issue----whilst in the emirates he noticed "Ma-----hindus do all the work" "If one day-----all the hindus decided to sit down and stop working----the
emirates would FALL APART WITHIN TWO DAYS"

AAHHHH.... IF ONLY...................

Forum List

Back