In the US, Joe Biden is backing the unions. Britain can only look on in envy

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Most newspaper articles are written to tight deadlines and do not bear much scrutiny. But I will make an exception here. I think that it is a hugely important piece and is something that all left leaning parties in the UK, and the world, need to take on board.

Last week, Joe Biden unveiled a $2tn infrastructure renewal plan whose boldness and scale caught the attention of the world. He began his launch speech in Pittsburgh with a particularly striking affirmation. “I’m a union guy,” the president said. “I support unions. Unions built the middle class. It’s about time they start to get a piece of the action.”

Biden’s American Jobs Plan consists of many more substantial things than this warm rhetorical embrace of America’s trade unions. The package involves massive federal investment in transport, housing, green jobs, electric cars, social care and much else besides. And Biden has vowed to reverse much of Donald Trump’s 2017 tax cuts on companies and the wealthy in order to pay for it.

Strong societies are not built on tax cuts for the rich. The gig economy enriches the few and leaves the many struggling to pay the rent and feed their kids.The tidal wave of the me me me society unleashed by reagan and his bitch thatcher has been holding sway for 40 years and this is the best hope we have of turning that tide.

There is a better way and people must be at the heart of it. America is leading the way and I hope the rest of the world has the sense to follow.

Most newspaper articles are written to tight deadlines and do not bear much scrutiny. But I will make an exception here. I think that it is a hugely important piece and is something that all left leaning parties in the UK, and the world, need to take on board.

Last week, Joe Biden unveiled a $2tn infrastructure renewal plan whose boldness and scale caught the attention of the world. He began his launch speech in Pittsburgh with a particularly striking affirmation. “I’m a union guy,” the president said. “I support unions. Unions built the middle class. It’s about time they start to get a piece of the action.”

Biden’s American Jobs Plan consists of many more substantial things than this warm rhetorical embrace of America’s trade unions. The package involves massive federal investment in transport, housing, green jobs, electric cars, social care and much else besides. And Biden has vowed to reverse much of Donald Trump’s 2017 tax cuts on companies and the wealthy in order to pay for it.

Strong societies are not built on tax cuts for the rich. The gig economy enriches the few and leaves the many struggling to pay the rent and feed their kids.The tidal wave of the me me me society unleashed by reagan and his bitch thatcher has been holding sway for 40 years and this is the best hope we have of turning that tide.

There is a better way and people must be at the heart of it. America is leading the way and I hope the rest of the world has the sense to follow.
Not into the dignity of work thing Will ?

Even by Tainted Tommy standards, this OP is impressive in the amount of pure ignorance and falsehood that it manages to stuff into so few words.
Well Bob, it works like this. You respond to the post and its content and not with personal attacks on the OP. If you have nothing to add then keep quiet.

Pathetic Post from a pathetic brainwashed dupe.

Joe Biden is a plague on America, and The Left Particularly deserves Faux Biden as their president. Faux Xiden has already cost the US Trillions of dollars in economic damages, rising energy cost, lost jobs and skyrocketing material costs.

By the time his administration is over with, half of America will be speaking Chinese and Russian and be living under bridges in cardboard boxes, unless Ho Xiden bans cardboard boxes, then they will be living in nothing.

Joe Biden is a plague on America, and The Left Particularly deserves Faux Biden as their president. Faux Xiden has already cost the US Trillions of dollars in economic damages, rising energy cost, lost jobs and skyrocketing material costs.

By the time his administration is over with, half of America will be speaking Chinese and Russian and be living under bridges in cardboard boxes, unless Ho Xiden bans cardboard boxes, then they will be living in nothing.
Do you have a link for this ?

Faux Xiden is a fraud, and as illegitimate as Hitler was in 1933. Faux Xiden is not only the most ignorant and dumbest politician on Earth, but he is the Most Senile and Corrupt son of a bitch to even be born.

Faux Biden's only purpose is to push America closer to the circling the drain and disappearing from history forever.

Dignity of work?

What the hell does a union taking your money have to do with dignity?

As far as I'm concerned, unions should be busted on racketeering charges.

Faux Xiden is a fraud, and as illegitimate as Hitler was in 1933. Faux Xiden is not only the most ignorant and dumbest politician on Earth, but he is the Most Senile and Corrupt son of a bitch to even be born.

Faux Biden's only purpose is to push America closer to the circling the drain and disappearing from history forever.
Yup, thats not really a link, just your unqualified opinion.

You are the missing link Comrade. Ahab and Jezebel are proof that God has turned his back on America thanks to the hair sniffers and pervs in the DemNazi Party.

Dignity of work?

What the hell does a union taking your money have to do with dignity?

As far as I'm concerned, unions should be busted on racketeering charges.
Thanks for deleting some of the posts on here Will. I wonder if you could take another look at post 6. It does not seem to respect the rules of the forum.

Yup, thats not really a link, just your unqualified opinion.

We don't appreciate Socialist and Communist Propaganda, such as "we're all in this together" and other such brain washing mind control fear mongering shit like Social Distancing, Mask Up, and other Commie Mandates and Restrictions on our Freedoms such as you and your friends believe in.

Unions are just another masquerade for Communism.

My opinion is that you and Diaper Joe have more in common with Nazis and Soviets than you do with hard working honest taxpayers in this country.

The Entire DemTurd policy platform and initiatives are straight out of the 1933 Nazi Handbook on taking over a free nation and turning the American Dream in to a DemNazi Nightmare.

Take your "Strong Society" and shove it up your mask.

America was stronger than your beloved Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and Communist China before we let some of you assholes escape in WWII. We should have stamped you out like cockroaches rather than let you and your Satanic Godless Ideology live.

Last edited:

That is one way to buy votes, at least the mob will be paid off.

That is an interesting topic about the unions and protection of the workers' rights. The statistics show that the middle class in the US is shrinking and the gap between the rich and poor is widening. Something should be done to stop this tendency. Will the unions help in this? I dont know.

I dislike unions, I want to make my own way and not be lumped in with everyone else. I am worth more than a union scale job and want to be paid better wages. Unions are for the lazy, I'm for working hard and getting rewarded for it.

Forum List

Back