In the dead of night, Schumer & Senate Dems tried to pass their DC power grab, with "the Corrupt Politicians Act"...Ted Cruz heroically objected!

So instead of politicians getting paid by lobbyists they get paid by taxpayers...

How fucking novel... So politicians work for the people that pay them

Don't worry Ted Cruz will have none of that...

You mean lobbyists like the filthy Unions that are the cash cow for the Democrats?

However, why should any of my earned money be taken from me by the government and given to any goddamn politician?

i need to examine the bill further, but i'm against it for now

Anyone at all surprised to see the Dems attempt to undermine our democratic republic? it's what leftist regimes do.

Why would Ted "Cancun" Cruz vote against anything for corruption? He pretty much epitomizes corruption. He should be all for it.

What is the "corrupt politicians bill" anyway?
what's corrupt about him?

So instead of politicians getting paid by lobbyists they get paid by taxpayers...

How fucking novel... So politicians work for the people that pay them

Don't worry Ted Cruz will have none of that...
um well politicans don't get paid per se. Elected ones do, and they get paid by tax payers.

A politican that hasn't been elected, isn't getting a salary from the tax payers....they might not get any paycheck at all, from what I can tell simply being a politican isn't a paying position. I suppose you can be a politican, unelected, and work for a private company and get a paycheck. What's the issue with that?

Makes sense (and cents), unlike this thread's title. Especially considering "Senate - 08/11/2021 Placed on Senate Legislative Calendar under General Orders. Calendar No. 123."

"unlike this thread's title"

The OP really wasn't given much to work with considering the source (National Republican Senatorial Committee). The only thing I took from it was that shortly after 4:00 am, this morning Majority Leader Chuck Schumer did something in regard to Senate Bill 1.

It did get my curiousity up and at my age I'm amazed at the resources we have to research things for ourselves, if we simply take the time. I found it a breeze other than spending probably 10-to-15 minutes trying to understand that "discharge" business. But I learned something, which is what I find makes these boards worthwhile.

Forum List

Back