In July, a permit to carry a gun in Indiana is free....no more Poll Taxes for carrying a gun in Indiana...

Indiana just got rid of charging a fee for the permit to carry a gun in Indiana....the next step is to get rid of the permit altogether.......
I have no issue with the fee (or lack of a fee) but I'm curious, what does one have to do to get that permit? Is any training or testing required?

I don't know Indiana, but I live in the people's republic of Illinois.....16 hours of training......plus the fees for the classes and fingerprints....

You get basic gun safety, range time and qualification.......16 hours is prohibitive to a lot of people who work and have families......it is simply a way to keep people from being able to carry guns.
I have no problem if the state wants to pay the fees but I think 16 is a bare minimum and doesn't seem too oppressive, especially if you can spread the hours out over a month or two.

Watch: Video shows white woman pulling out gun on Black woman in Chipotle parking lot

Any mandatory requirement is an infringement on the Right.......try passing a law that stated you need to take 16 hours of training to publish or use the internet....or 16 hours of training before you can vote.......any time requirement that prevents any American from owning and carrying a gun is an infringement...that would not be tolerated with any other Right...
Sorry but EVERY right we have is 'infringed' or limited in some way.

Especially free speech...
At leftist universities across the country.

Indiana just got rid of charging a fee for the permit to carry a gun in Indiana....the next step is to get rid of the permit altogether.......

The democrat party in the south used Poll Taxes to keep Blacks from voting.....they want to use fees, essentially Poll taxes, to make it harder to own and carry guns....Indiana has just removed this attack on the Right to Bear arms...

The license fee removal will take place starting July 1st, 2020. This will make Indiana the first state to offer a permit without any sort of fee and one of only eight states that require no training of any kind in order to obtain the license.

I have no problem with no fees, but no training? That is stupid. Glad I don't live there.
Tell me about the other Constitutionally enumerated rights you think should require training to excersize....

I have no issue with the fee (or lack of a fee) but I'm curious, what does one have to do to get that permit? Is any training or testing required?

I don't know Indiana, but I live in the people's republic of Illinois.....16 hours of training......plus the fees for the classes and fingerprints....

You get basic gun safety, range time and qualification.......16 hours is prohibitive to a lot of people who work and have families......it is simply a way to keep people from being able to carry guns.
I have no problem if the state wants to pay the fees but I think 16 is a bare minimum and doesn't seem too oppressive, especially if you can spread the hours out over a month or two.

Watch: Video shows white woman pulling out gun on Black woman in Chipotle parking lot

Wow....one case....vs. the 1.2 million times a year Americans use their guns to save lives.....according to the Centers for Disease Control...
Corrections:
  • one, recent example case
  • A study published in 2013 by the Violence Policy Center, using five years of nationwide statistics (2007-2011) compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation found that defensive gun uses occur an average of 67,740 times per year.

The Violence policy center lies...... The Centers for Disease Control and it's research showed 1.2 million times a year...and it isn't the only study...the Clinton Department of Justice also did the same research and found it to be 1.5 million times a year.....then there are the other 15 studies...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

Any mandatory requirement is an infringement on the Right.......try passing a law that stated you need to take 16 hours of training to publish or use the internet....or 16 hours of training before you can vote.......any time requirement that prevents any American from owning and carrying a gun is an infringement...that would not be tolerated with any other Right...
Sorry but EVERY right we have is 'infringed' or limited in some way.

Nope....not with mandatory fees and training requirements....you are wrong.

The democrat party in the south used Poll Taxes to keep Blacks from voting.....they want to use fees, essentially Poll taxes, to make it harder to own and carry guns....Indiana has just removed this attack on the Right to Bear arms...

The license fee removal will take place starting July 1st, 2020. This will make Indiana the first state to offer a permit without any sort of fee and one of only eight states that require no training of any kind in order to obtain the license.

I have no problem with no fees, but no training? That is stupid. Glad I don't live there.

Never had any training other than what my father passed along.
I got my first firearms at eight and haven't shot anyone.

But then you may have something...dem daddys dont
know shit about firearms or firearm safety.

We got our training from our papas.
Yep

Tell me about the other Constitutionally enumerated rights you think should require training to excersize....
Don't be dull. Just saying untrained amateurs with guns are often dangerous. Try youtube or talk to hunters or range operators or military people. Not giving opinion. Just stating observed fact.

Been around too many new weapons , users, owners or borrowers, all my life. I stay the hell away from them now, as they are a danger to themselves and others in to woods, at the range, in the home and often stuck on stupid and I am under no responsibility to teach.

Oh... and I'm sure you staying away from gun owners just breaks their fucking hearts.

Jabbering retard.

Been around too many new weapons , users, owners or borrowers, all my life. I stay the hell away from them now, as they are a danger to themselves and others in to woods, at the range, in the home and often stuck on stupid and I am under no responsibility to teach.

Oh... and I'm sure you staying away from gun owners just breaks their fucking hearts.

Jabbering retard.
You don't hunt, do you? NRA used to be all about safety. Now, not so much. I'm around gun owners all the time. Pretty natural down here. Expecially being on the range every month or more often if I have made a change of sights or someone that knows me has built or bought a new weapon.

Don't be dull. Just saying untrained amateurs with guns are often dangerous. Try youtube or talk to hunters or range operators or military people. Not giving opinion. Just stating observed fact.

No doubt there are some idiots out there.
All you have to do is go to your local outdoor range and look at all the holes in the firing line roof.
Shit looks like swiss cheese.
We lease a big hunk of property we can shoot on till our heart's content. At least until deer season starts.Then it's no gratuitous shooting until the season is over.

This is the pistol range and we can go set up on the sand flat and shoot out to a mile.......
And no one around to say cant have a beer or six while you're at it.

E8CD9B30-13E2-4291-9A39-8A8EC78F0153.jpeg
F0B3637C-D76F-4487-A125-85EA1A007BC1_1_201_a.jpeg

All you have to do is go to your local outdoor range and look at all the holes in the firing line roof.
We lease a big hunk of property we can shoot on till our heart's content. At least until deer season starts.Then it's no gratuitous shooting until the season is over.

This is the pistol range and we can go set up on the sand flat and shoot out to a mile.......

View attachment 359797View attachment 359798

Oh...the pistol range is on our sight so you can call it private.

That is nice. We sold my parents place a few years ago, as we didn't want to move there. Been going to indoor range, but have changed to outdoor range which is much better for rifles and also has multiple ranges for distances 25 to 50 meter for pistol. You have a really nice setup. Congrats

That is nice. We sold my parents place a few years ago, as we didn't want to move there. Been going to indoor range, but have changed to outdoor range which is much better for rifles and also has multiple ranges for distances 25 to 50 meter for pistol. You have a really nice setup. Congrats

As much as I hate outdoor ranges I hate indoor ones 1000 times worse.
I grew up shooting pretty much where I wanted and find ranges to be restrictive as hell!!
It's nice to put your ice chest,ammo,ear protection other guns and like on the tailgate of your truck.
When you wanna shoot further you pull the truck up bit.
LOL....I bet there's at least 10k casing laying on the ground under those pine needles.
The pine tree with the bark missing came down during the last hurricane and smashed all my plate target holders.
I guess we shoudnt have put so many rounds into it.

The ‘Qualified License’ is for hunting and target shooting. However, it is only for the gun license. In order to go hunting, an additional hunting license for the particular game a person wishes to hunt is required. The ‘Unlimited License’ is for handguns only and allows for concealed carry in 32 states where that’s recognized.

God Bless Indiana...

I'm not so sure we need to worry about those idiots getting guns. look at this fool. Gun people will see all the stupid.

fake blm.jpg

I'm not so sure we need to worry about those idiots getting guns. look at this fool. Gun people will see all the stupid.

View attachment 359879
.22LR which I won’t knock outright, but a very unreliable magazine, out of a platform it wasn’t optimized for to begin with. Then the forward BUIS is deployed, but not the rear... WTF? This clown is clueless...

View attachment 359879
.22LR which I won’t knock outright, but a very unreliable magazine, out of a platform it wasn’t optimized for to begin with. Then the forward BUIS is deployed, but not the rear... WTF? This clown is clueless...
And it looks like it's jammed. Plus his magazine pockets in his vest are empty.

Forum List

Back