In first 2 months in office Trump reduced debt by 100 billion Obama increased debt by 400 billion

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-3-19_9-18-54.png

In First 2 Months in Office: Trump Reduced Debt by $100 Billion – Obama Increased Debt by $400 Billion

On January 20th, the day of President Trump’s Inauguration, the US Debt stood at $19,947 billion. As of March 16th, the most recent date for US debt reporting, the US Debt stands at $19,846 billion. President Trump has cut the US Debt burden by over $100 billion and 0.5% in the first two months since his inauguration!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama has the sheep believing he did so well, lmao he did anything but that. Trump is getting it done. Might not like some of those cuts etc but at least we might have a chance not to sink into the pits of hell where the economy is concerned. It still won't be an over night deal though.

Trump Seeks Credit for America's Debt Reduction
---
President Donald Trump asked on Twitter why the media hasn’t reported that the national debt has dropped since his inauguration. One explanation, some economists said: Trump couldn’t have had anything to do with it.

“Anything that has happened to the debt has been on autopilot since Obama left," said Laurence Kotlikoff, an economics professor at Boston University. “If anything, he is taking credit for something Obama did."
---

Please show what Trump did to cause that. I will admit it happened as he was walking in the door, but what specifically did he do to cause it. Did our creditors just reduce the amount we owe just because he was elected?

Could be? I never did figure out how U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time works?

a.) I did not see spending numbers re-set in OCT 01 2016?
b.) Is this thing indicating "annualized" data at ~rate of spending?
c.) For instance we are ~1/2 through 2017 FY. Yet spending already shows $3.9T? WTH?

Capture.JPG

What's the difference?

Wait, I had "hair" Do I get points for that?

How 'bout this -- one was black, the other is orange?

C'mon, hook a brutha up.

O'bama came in with an intense depression going on. One of his first acts was to put the ARRA through, which he signed into law on February 17. Presumably this is part of the OP's "math he does as a Republican". Also known as the "stimulus bill", it was already underway by this time eight years ago including right here where I live, in tangible form. One of O'bama's campaign issues.

Rump came in with campaign issues of "build a wall" and "Muslims keep out". The former has failed to appear, heralded only by the word "soon". The latter has failed the predictable court challenges, twice.

Oh here's another difference --- O'bama didn't sulk on Twitter about how Dubya "bugged his office" and then run from questions about it.

How'm I doin'? I think I aced this test. :eusa_dance:

Last edited:
Show me the results of Obama's last year.

We are in BOs' last year until OCT 01, 2017.

This fact was made clear during the housing crash (TARP) all charged during GWB final year 2008. This "one time event" big spike is used to indicate how Obama reduced the deficit. What a freakin' joke.

Off top of my head the deficit was about $250Billion in FY 2007? Then they crashed housing. TARP was added into the disastrous 2008 numbers (but occuring in early 2009). Obama years were more like $1.25T avg over 8 years.

Over 94,000,000 people not in the work force, and Trump's on vacay #5 at Mar-a-Lago

It is not a vacation to go home on the weekend? I know I know, I am "stretching". I wish he did not to set example. I wish he would ban ANY and ALL non-essintial FED travel costs immediatley. Along with 10-25% pay cut for all above $100K salary. 5% for all the rest. But active duty military, law enforcement exempt of course.

Time to cash the reality check -----

The OP (both the original thread by MIndWars and the merged one by Gasbag) -- cite not a credible source but ---- Jim Fucking Hoft. Gateway Pundit, one of the most unhinged fabricators on the 'net.

But wait, it gets better.

Turns out that the numbers.... come from a Rump tweet.... which is in turn citing numbers from... wait for it....

Jim Fucking Hoft on an older Gateway Pundit page. :rofl:

That's right --- they're confirming their own echo.

Narrated Snopes:

>> The Gateway Pundit article says that the change in debt under Trump translates to a 0.1 percent reduction in the U.S. debt burden. Actually, it’s .06 percent between Jan. 20 and Feb. 21 — a very small change. (The national debt has gone up or down by as much .19 percent on single days this year.) (<-- quote from WaPo)

Secondly, there are few mechanisms by which any actions Trump has taken as president would affect the national debt thus far, as he has not signed into law any financial measures related to federal borrowing. While there are arguments to be made that other factors related to Trump’s presidency could affect the debt, the Post has said it is unlikely, and also impossible to quantify: <<​

More:...

>> "Government borrowing in January and February is the byproduct of spending and tax policies set by Congress the year before. President Obama signed the fiscal stimulus law on February 17, 2009, but it took months before that began to change government cash flows and borrowing requirements. President Trump has so far not measurably affected fiscal policy in general or government borrowing in specific. It’s unfair to assign any responsibility for borrowing in the first month to either president.

GDP was plummeting when President Obama took office. Tax revenues were down, automatic stabilizer payments (e.g., unemployment insurance and safety net spending) were up, and funds were being spent from the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). In early 2009 government was borrowing a lot because the economy was weak, not because of President Obama’s policies. In contrast, the U.S. economy is now growing. The smaller borrowing requirement for this month is mostly a result of this economic difference, and may also in part be simply an artifact of choosing such a short timeframe for comparison.

... Had the president / Mr. Cain ended his timeframe one day earlier this tweet would have been invalid and debt would have increased (by just $1 B) in “the first month.” This is why analysts look at debt on an annual basis rather than daily/weekly/monthly." --- Keith Hennessey, former director of the U.S. National Economic Council appointed by George W. Bush

Gullible's Travels. Jim Fucking Hoft shouldn't even have a job.

Please show what Trump did to cause that. I will admit it happened as he was walking in the door, but what specifically did he do to cause it. Did our creditors just reduce the amount we owe just because he was elected?
The answer is simple. He's White and the business world respects his superior intellect on economics.

This is why democrats have been going overboard with the lies. They did the same thing after the state of the union speech. A bit of positive news and they need to be medicated.

Oh good grief.

No he didn't and even the brainless RWNJ traitors should be able to figure out why that's a lie.

Forum List

Back