In defense of Trump.

I apologize if I make people uncomfortable. I do not come from a different place, but I do come from a different time. The first time I remember being political was in junior high school; in those days it was not called middle school. I wore a campaign button for John F. Kennedy. Mr. May, our social studies teacher, allowed it.

There were picture posters on the wall that kept a running count of the intercontinental missiles we had compared to the Soviet Union. Our textbooks portrayed Russian women as kerchiefed, toothless riders of tractors. I remember being surprised that when Lee Harvey Oswald returned to the US he brought a Russian wife, Marina, who was quite beautiful.

Mr. May told us to watch Kennedy debate Nixon, and Nixon’s sweaty brow, hanging jowls, and shifty eyes did him in. Kennedy won, and my thirteen-year-old mind was pleased even if I had some sleepless nights listening to distant fire whistles blow during tests to warn the public of nuclear attacks.

On his way out, President Dwight D. Eisenhower made a speech for history. Eisenhower had been a military general, but oddly, he was warning of a growing military industrial complex. I watched the speech, but it was way over my adolescent head. It was apparently over the heads of millions of adults as well.

Donald Trump is no perfect specimen of history, but a lot of us voted for him because the US is hated in the Middle East due to the interventional military adventurism that makes US corporations and politicians rich. Did we not escape the Great depression by winning WW2 with industrial fortitude? Yes, we did. Does that mean we must use war to force our way of life on the poorest of the human race? We think not.

Trump had a frustrating relationship with his National Security Advisor, John Bolton. In trump’s words, “Bolton just wants to bomb everybody”. Trump is a builder, not a destroyer. Do we need another World Trade Center to understand that? Trump’s voters may the true progressives; we want to try a different way.

We want to lead the world by example, not by the sword. We can keep a strong military for our defense but not an offensive defense to make politicians rich. We need to go back and listen to Eisenhower’s warning. Trump will make war on our crumbling infrastructure, not on distant places most cannot find on a map.

That's great, except that tRump didn't ever talk about America and the middle east during the campaign so it's all just more fantasy and excuse making.

Another stinging "tRump" from the third grader. LOL. Ooohhhh, Trump's a "rump." Wow, the adult wit, LOL. Hilarious, but not for the reason you think it is.

And you're a liar. Trump said during the campaign we are too involved in the ME. And he's been ending conflicts and drawing down troops
Why don't you link me to a campaign speech about the middle east.

And if I do that, you'll admit you were wrong? So far you've passed on agreeing to that

I apologize if I make people uncomfortable. I do not come from a different place, but I do come from a different time. The first time I remember being political was in junior high school; in those days it was not called middle school. I wore a campaign button for John F. Kennedy. Mr. May, our social studies teacher, allowed it.

There were picture posters on the wall that kept a running count of the intercontinental missiles we had compared to the Soviet Union. Our textbooks portrayed Russian women as kerchiefed, toothless riders of tractors. I remember being surprised that when Lee Harvey Oswald returned to the US he brought a Russian wife, Marina, who was quite beautiful.

Mr. May told us to watch Kennedy debate Nixon, and Nixon’s sweaty brow, hanging jowls, and shifty eyes did him in. Kennedy won, and my thirteen-year-old mind was pleased even if I had some sleepless nights listening to distant fire whistles blow during tests to warn the public of nuclear attacks.

On his way out, President Dwight D. Eisenhower made a speech for history. Eisenhower had been a military general, but oddly, he was warning of a growing military industrial complex. I watched the speech, but it was way over my adolescent head. It was apparently over the heads of millions of adults as well.

Donald Trump is no perfect specimen of history, but a lot of us voted for him because the US is hated in the Middle East due to the interventional military adventurism that makes US corporations and politicians rich. Did we not escape the Great depression by winning WW2 with industrial fortitude? Yes, we did. Does that mean we must use war to force our way of life on the poorest of the human race? We think not.

Trump had a frustrating relationship with his National Security Advisor, John Bolton. In trump’s words, “Bolton just wants to bomb everybody”. Trump is a builder, not a destroyer. Do we need another World Trade Center to understand that? Trump’s voters may the true progressives; we want to try a different way.

We want to lead the world by example, not by the sword. We can keep a strong military for our defense but not an offensive defense to make politicians rich. We need to go back and listen to Eisenhower’s warning. Trump will make war on our crumbling infrastructure, not on distant places most cannot find on a map.

Trump has us currently involved in the Yemen war.
Trump Vetoes Measure to Force End to U.S. Involvement in Yemen War

Evidently you are amiss to the true nature of Trump and his facade...
I forgot about Yemen. Yet another example of Trump’s warmongering.

A media that hates Trump yet won’t tell Americans about the military involvement in Yemen and other places, confirms the media is controlled by hidden forces.
Those hidden forces are wealthy people and wealthy corporations which own out government and tell us what we can get

So you think the wealthy own government and yet you want MORE government. What a terrible liar you are
Do you think the wealthy own the government?

A media that hates Trump yet won’t tell Americans about the military involvement in Yemen and other places, confirms the media is controlled by hidden forces.
Those hidden forces are wealthy people and wealthy corporations which own out government and tell us what we can get

So you think the wealthy own government and yet you want MORE government. What a terrible liar you are
You can at anytime show where I said I wanted more govt, which is an oxymoron since we the people already have the largest govt. we are going to get...

Own? No. But they certainly have extra influence.

I realize you're a government loving leftist, but I'm a libertarian. As I said, I want to limit the size of government so they can do less damage. There is no way to make it competent

You can at anytime show where I said I wanted more govt, which is an oxymoron since we the people already have the largest govt. we are going to get...

Sure. Every time you say you're going to vote for Biden

I realize you're a government loving leftist, but I'm a libertarian. As I said, I want to limit the size of government so they can do less damage. There is no way to make it competent
There is no such animal as less govt. The repubs and libertarians always state that yet they never do that when in power.

I have never said once I was going to vote for Biden. I can see you don't work well with facts just lies.

There is no such animal as less govt. The repubs and libertarians always state that yet they never do that when in power.

Um ... libertarians have been in power? Was that the time you did shrooms? Or I should say one of the times?

I have never said once I was going to vote for Biden. I can see you don't work well with facts just lies.

So you pump Biden and love the Democrats but you're not going to vote for him? Yeah, sure, I bet ...

So you pump Biden and love the Democrats but you're not going to vote for him? Yeah, sure, I bet ...
I don't vote for either party and I don't pump Biden either again you lie.

Lots wrong with that post, but you did get one thing right. When we say own, we mean influence and control of politicians. You knew this full well.

I’m no leftist dummy. I would love to see drastically limited government, which would also limit the power and influence the wealthy have today. However You’re dreaming if you think this can happen. Wake up and accept reality.

It’s that old binary thinking partisans can’t shake.

They just don't understand there is no difference in the party leaders..It's like watching a rerun for fifty years of politics and their actions that have over taxed the citizens to the point that they have us on the brink of poverty and the reason why it takes two people to work to afford to live and raise afamily is because of a 1000% increase in taxation since the reign of Reagan.

Oh please, lame. Every regular poster knows how you feel about the Democrats

:suck:

Lots wrong with that post, but you did get one thing right. When we say own, we mean influence and control of politicians. You knew this full well.

I’m no leftist dummy. I would love to see drastically limited government, which would also limit the power and influence the wealthy have today. However You’re dreaming if you think this can happen. Wake up and accept reality.

Own means total control over government, not just some. I said a shade of gray. That was butt obvious, I don't know how you missed it. Leftists have no ability to differentiate on gray, you're black or white.

You can spin the leftist however you want, but you support Democrats over Republicans. As bad as they are, you have to be a true government lover to do that.

And I like how you assign me that I can only support things that will happen while you reserve the right to support things that may not happen. Just more of your stupid shit

They just don't understand there is no difference in the party leaders..It's like watching a rerun for fifty years of politics and their actions that have over taxed the citizens to the point that they have us on the brink of poverty and the reason why it takes two people to work to afford to live and raise afamily is because of a 1000% increase in taxation since the reign of Reagan.

Funny how you two queens say there is "no difference" then you support Democrats

Own means total control over government, not just some. I said a shade of gray. That was butt obvious, I don't know how you missed it. Leftists have no ability to differentiate on gray, you're black or white.

You can spin the leftist however you want, but you support Democrats over Republicans. As bad as they are, you have to be a true government lover to do that.

And I like how you assign me that I can only support things that will happen while you reserve the right to support things that may not happen. Just more of your stupid shit
That’s so funny. No one on this forum was more critical of Ears than me, during his reign of fraud. Lefties here called me a crazy righty and cons loved me. Now, it’s completely flipped.

Binary thinking is all you partisans know and you nicely proved it. Thank you.

Funny how you two queens say there is "no difference" then you support Democrats
You’re slow. Have you been tested?

Forum List

Back