In defense of Trump.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2016
I apologize if I make people uncomfortable. I do not come from a different place, but I do come from a different time. The first time I remember being political was in junior high school; in those days it was not called middle school. I wore a campaign button for John F. Kennedy. Mr. May, our social studies teacher, allowed it.

There were picture posters on the wall that kept a running count of the intercontinental missiles we had compared to the Soviet Union. Our textbooks portrayed Russian women as kerchiefed, toothless riders of tractors. I remember being surprised that when Lee Harvey Oswald returned to the US he brought a Russian wife, Marina, who was quite beautiful.

Mr. May told us to watch Kennedy debate Nixon, and Nixon’s sweaty brow, hanging jowls, and shifty eyes did him in. Kennedy won, and my thirteen-year-old mind was pleased even if I had some sleepless nights listening to distant fire whistles blow during tests to warn the public of nuclear attacks.

On his way out, President Dwight D. Eisenhower made a speech for history. Eisenhower had been a military general, but oddly, he was warning of a growing military industrial complex. I watched the speech, but it was way over my adolescent head. It was apparently over the heads of millions of adults as well.

Donald Trump is no perfect specimen of history, but a lot of us voted for him because the US is hated in the Middle East due to the interventional military adventurism that makes US corporations and politicians rich. Did we not escape the Great depression by winning WW2 with industrial fortitude? Yes, we did. Does that mean we must use war to force our way of life on the poorest of the human race? We think not.

Trump had a frustrating relationship with his National Security Advisor, John Bolton. In trump’s words, “Bolton just wants to bomb everybody”. Trump is a builder, not a destroyer. Do we need another World Trade Center to understand that? Trump’s voters may the true progressives; we want to try a different way.

We want to lead the world by example, not by the sword. We can keep a strong military for our defense but not an offensive defense to make politicians rich. We need to go back and listen to Eisenhower’s warning. Trump will make war on our crumbling infrastructure, not on distant places most cannot find on a map.

I could be wrong but I think this rash of daily attacks on Our Beloved President will help to shore up his support among the adults in the crowd. It is either bullshit or normal activity reported in a way to slander the President. His accomplishments are ignored or downplayed, while little meaningless shit is played up as though it matters.

In the latest, we have one of the nation's most reputable journalists, cynically bringing out a new, slanderous book at a time when it will have the greatest POLITICAL effect. Think about that. A JOURNALIST. And nobody says, "Hey, wait a second; Journalists aren't supposed to be POLITICAL!"

But in the Age of Trump...OF COURSE he's political! Isn't that what Journalists are supposed to do?

I apologize if I make people uncomfortable. I do not come from a different place, but I do come from a different time. The first time I remember being political was in junior high school; in those days it was not called middle school. I wore a campaign button for John F. Kennedy. Mr. May, our social studies teacher, allowed it.

There were picture posters on the wall that kept a running count of the intercontinental missiles we had compared to the Soviet Union. Our textbooks portrayed Russian women as kerchiefed, toothless riders of tractors. I remember being surprised that when Lee Harvey Oswald returned to the US he brought a Russian wife, Marina, who was quite beautiful.

Mr. May told us to watch Kennedy debate Nixon, and Nixon’s sweaty brow, hanging jowls, and shifty eyes did him in. Kennedy won, and my thirteen-year-old mind was pleased even if I had some sleepless nights listening to distant fire whistles blow during tests to warn the public of nuclear attacks.

On his way out, President Dwight D. Eisenhower made a speech for history. Eisenhower had been a military general, but oddly, he was warning of a growing military industrial complex. I watched the speech, but it was way over my adolescent head. It was apparently over the heads of millions of adults as well.

Donald Trump is no perfect specimen of history, but a lot of us voted for him because the US is hated in the Middle East due to the interventional military adventurism that makes US corporations and politicians rich. Did we not escape the Great depression by winning WW2 with industrial fortitude? Yes, we did. Does that mean we must use war to force our way of life on the poorest of the human race? We think not.

Trump had a frustrating relationship with his National Security Advisor, John Bolton. In trump’s words, “Bolton just wants to bomb everybody”. Trump is a builder, not a destroyer. Do we need another World Trade Center to understand that? Trump’s voters may the true progressives; we want to try a different way.

We want to lead the world by example, not by the sword. We can keep a strong military for our defense but not an offensive defense to make politicians rich. We need to go back and listen to Eisenhower’s warning. Trump will make war on our crumbling infrastructure, not on distant places most cannot find on a map.

True or false, you thought it was a great idea to invade Iraq before the blob told you it wasn't; right?

Lie to us and tell us you opposed Bush's great Iraqi mis-adventure....all of the other blobbers have.

Trump failed the most important responsibility of a President: Protecting the American people.

He LIED about the severity of a virus as a global pandemic was bearing down on us.

Then he MOCKED Americans for trying to protect themselves from that virus.

This person is a disgrace to the office and to the country, and should be legally punished for what he did. And didn't do.

I could be wrong but I think this rash of daily attacks on Our Beloved President will help to shore up his support among the adults in the crowd. It is either bullshit or normal activity reported in a way to slander the President. His accomplishments are ignored or downplayed, while little meaningless shit is played up as though it matters.

In the latest, we have one of the nation's most reputable journalists, cynically bringing out a new, slanderous book at a time when it will have the greatest POLITICAL effect. Think about that. A JOURNALIST. And nobody says, "Hey, wait a second; Journalists aren't supposed to be POLITICAL!"

But in the Age of Trump...OF COURSE he's political! Isn't that what Journalists are supposed to do?

You've read the book?

I have an eye appointment so let's let this ride until I get back. I will tell you all about how we got into Iraq. You will be surprised at my analysis.

If Trump was serious about disengaging us to the World's Largest Outdoor Insane Asylum known as the "Middle East", then he wouldn't let the Zionist Entity and the Oil Companies dictate our policies.

On that issue, he's no different than any other Republican or Democrat.

On the issue of, oh, Competence, Empathy, Compassion, he fails miserably. He makes the worst presidents of the past look good by comparison.

I have an eye appointment so let's let this ride until I get back. I will tell you all about how we got into Iraq. You will be surprised at my analysis.

No, I imagine it would come from here.

1599735990157.png

The reason Trump is in the White House is because both parties were tone deaf regarding issues such as securing the border and continuous wars abroad.

And now that Trump has gone against the powers that be, you see the endless hateful attacks on him that will never end until he loses power.

Now partisan fools like Mac and company will ignore Biden calling Trump xenophobic and a racist for closing travel down from China back in February, even though we knew what Covid was about, and he will ignore the chorus of voices afterwards from democrats all across the country as they down played the virus. And they will ignore Fauci telling people not to buy masks, knowing full well it was misinformation to try and conserve masks at that time.

Yet only Trump is to blame and needs removed. They lie, they hate, they need more wars.

Trump failed the most important responsibility of a President: Protecting the American people.

He LIED about the severity of a virus as a global pandemic was bearing down on us.
I distinctly remember the leaders of the democratic party doing that exact same thing when Trump shut down the economy.

This person is a disgrace to the office and to the country, and should be legally punished for what he did. And didn't do.
DO you also agree to legally punish the DA's that don't prosecute criminals? Trying to show you your own hypocrisy here. Hate makes ANYONE stupid. Even you.

I distinctly remember the leaders of the democratic party doing that exact same thing when Trump shut down the economy.

DO you also agree to legally punish the DA's that don't prosecute criminals? Trying to show you your own hypocrisy here. Hate makes ANYONE stupid. Even you.
I don't know how you guys do this.

I don't know how you guys do this.
Well... First don't we dodge the things said to us, or at the very least I and several others don't. You have that kind on both sides. I'm going to work though, so don't think that's what I'm doing when I don't immediately reply.

Trump has accomplished nothing except maybe golf on your dime. The man is a con-artist and his cult members, followers and kinda niave.

'100 Ways, in 100 Days, that Trump Has Hurt Americans'

"What is patriotism? Let us begin with what patriotism is not. It is not patriotic to dodge the draft and to mock war heroes and their families. It is not patriotic to discriminate against active-duty members of the armed forces in one's companies, or to campaign to keep disabled veterans away from one's property. It is not patriotic to compare one's search for sexual partners in New York with the military service in Vietnam that one has dodged. It is not patriotic to avoid paying taxes, especially when American working families do pay. It is not patriotic to ask those working, taxpaying American families to finance one's own presidential campaign, and then to spend their contributions in one's own companies. It is not patriotic to admire foreign dictators. It is not patriotic to cultivate a relationship with Muammar Gaddafi; or to say that Bashar al-Assad and Vladimir Putin are superior leaders. It is not patriotic to call upon Russia to intervene in an American presidential election. It is not patriotic to cite Russian propaganda at rallies." Timothy Snyder 'On Tyranny'

Trump has destabilized global alliances that have been in place for 80 years. The US emerged from WWII as leader of the Free World. We were looked at as a source of stable leadership that could be trusted to do the right thing.

No country in he world trusts Trump or his judgement. Other nations have stepped into the power void. The US can no longer be trusted to keep its word

True or false, you thought it was a great idea to invade Iraq before the blob told you it wasn't; right?

Lie to us and tell us you opposed Bush's great Iraqi mis-adventure....all of the other blobbers have
I ABSOLUTELY supported him. It was Obama who messed that up.

The left also supported him. How quickly you forget

Last edited:

Forum List

Back