In California, some public schools are designating some rooms as prayer rooms for Muslims

I don't recall Christians having a specific prayer regimen as Muslims have. What are the Christian prayer requirements that should be accommodated. I was born and raised a Christian and I don't recall any of this. Are Christians supposed to pray at certain times of day and in a specific way? Please enlighten me.
This nation is becoming balkanized, tribalized, regionalized and politically radicalized by the actions of the political class and their boneheaded legislative agendas over the decades. The Tower of Babel is minor compared to the potential downfall of the United States. The world is not ready for this. It moves in steps to bring unity. That is a fact. Slight pushing can work wonders. Forcing people who have diametric political and living views that are different causes what we see. The political people who have done this are either oblivious to the failures that are smoothed over by the successes, or part and parcel traitors to the United States of America. We are doing this as a high tax nation now. And one in decline. Not as a growing nation rising to great heights with very little taxation as people in those times worked for their food and a roof over their heads. We are spoiled and will find out wealth can be fleeting.

Do Muslims NEED a prayer room?

I see Muslims pray all the time...they unroll their prayer rug and face Mecca.

Doesn't require a special room.
I could see that it would be disruptive to have Muslims praying in the middle of class.

Read the article moron.
If ANY student feels compelled to commune with the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or any other deity - including Casper the Friendly Ghost - they should be permitted to do so at ANY time, and have a special room/rooms set aside for them to do so, correct?

And this won't create any issues, obstructions or disruptions - the concern expressed in the case of the suspended students - correct?

Seems like they were offered a reasonable accommodation which they refused.

“Administrators at Heritage High School repeatedly asked the students not to pray in the busy commons area and offered them room where they could meet before school.”

Praying in the middle of a busy common space is not reasonable.

No, not at all. It was a lunchroom and there was inclement weather outside. No, the administrator didn't offer any reasonable accommodation.

Tax dollars being spent to promote one religion is a blatant violation of the Constitution.

I could see that it would be disruptive to have Muslims praying in the middle of class.
So ALL students may go to a special room/s at any time they feel moved to do so, correct?

For prayer, meditation, a moment of silence, chanting, etc.?

If ANY student feels compelled to commune with the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or any other deity - including Casper the Friendly Ghost - they should be permitted to do so at ANY time, and have a special room/rooms set aside for them to do so, correct?

And this won't create any issues, obstructions or disruptions - the concern expressed in the case of the suspended students - correct?
The more obtrusive it becomes, the less reasonable the accommodation is.

I think Muslims would only need time to pray once during school hours.

The more obtrusive it becomes, the less reasonable the accommodation is.

That's their problem, no the taxpayer's problem.

No, not at all. It was a lunchroom and there was inclement weather outside. No, the administrator didn't offer any reasonable accommodation.

Looks like they were offered a room but refused to follow the rules.

Your article doesn’t align with anything else I’ve read about it.

That's their problem, no the taxpayer's problem.
Actually, the prayer time in question can be skipped.

This is all just liberal virtue signaling and bigotry against non-Muslim worshippers of Count Chocula.

I think that the religious belief needs to be sincere.
Uh-oh.

Are you saying my deeply held spiritual devotion to breakfast mascots isn't sincere?

Who are you to say this?

Would you deny atheists, Satanists, Wiccans and FSM worshippers their rights as well?

And of course you know that Muslim students - like Christian - can simply skip the prayer time in question, right?

Uh-oh.

Are you saying my deeply held spiritual devotion to breakfast mascots isn't sincere?

Who are you to say this?

Would you deny atheists, Satanists, Wiccans and FSM worshippers their rights as well?

And of course you know that Muslim students - like Christian - can simply skip the prayer time in question, right?
At some point we need to acknowledge that trolling just makes the country worse for everyone.

At some point we need to acknowledge that trolling just makes the country worse for everyone.
I appreciate your self-awareness, but it's not relevant to the discussion.

Apparently, it's your view that the Muslim prayer in question, which the religion permits its devotees to skip, must be honored with a special devotion area and religious exemption which applies to no other group.

If you can't see your hypocrisy, bigotry and lack of logic at work here, I can only guess you're a Democrat.

Forum List

Back