In California, some public schools are designating some rooms as prayer rooms for Muslims

I don't recall Christians having a specific prayer regimen as Muslims have. What are the Christian prayer requirements that should be accommodated. I was born and raised a Christian and I don't recall any of this. Are Christians supposed to pray at certain times of day and in a specific way? Please enlighten me.

That's irrelevant. If one is allowed to practice, everyone shall be allowed.

All religions are allowed reasonable accommodations.

These Christians weren't afforded reasonable accommodations and were suspended.

These Christians weren't afforded reasonable accommodations and were suspended.

Seems like they were offered a reasonable accommodation which they refused.

“Administrators at Heritage High School repeatedly asked the students not to pray in the busy commons area and offered them room where they could meet before school.”

Praying in the middle of a busy common space is not reasonable.

I see no problem at all with this.

Elk Grove is part of the greater Sacramento area, and there are a lot of Muslims in the area. My understanding of their faith is that they are obligated to follow a certain prayer ritual five times a day. I see nothing at all wrong with accommodating Muslims by setting aside appropriate times and spaces for them to do their prayers.

When I worked at the Campbell's Soup factory that used to be in Sacramento, (a Facebook “Memories” reminded me today that it was eight years ago today that I learned that the factory was going to be shut down) I had several Muslim colleagues. They'd claimed an out-of-the-way corner of one of the warehouse sections for this purpose; and if I happened to be going past that corner at the appropriate times, there would be a group of them there, praying.
A soup factory is not a school. Try setting up a Christian chapel.

If prayer in schools are allowed for one group, they must be allowed for all others.
Yes, so a la Thomas Jefferson, part of the syllabus is Seidel, The Founding Myth: Why Christian Nationalism is Un-American. For further studies in the theologian’s pathology, see the Catholic-founded journal, Islamochristiana.

“Administrators at Heritage High School repeatedly asked the students not to pray in the busy commons area and offered them room where they could meet before school.”

Why not?

Why not?
You’re obstructing people.

You do get to put on a big show with your devotion, which is actually something that is spoken out against in the Bible.

I don’t remember a lot from my Christian days but I do remember Matthew 6:5. Doesn’t seem like a lot of Christians do anymore.

Will Muslims only be permitted to pray before school in a designated room?

Or will they be given special privileges to pray multiple times per day, thus potentially disrupting multiple classrooms?

A soup factory is not a school. Try setting up a Christian chapel.
This obligation is the real-estate-claiming coercion found in state-building islam: to occupy the space of a certain real estate. NO, Mr. and Mrs. Einstein, the Uighurs were not always islamic, and what has always pissed the Han Chinese off about them is that they were already occupying the same valley the Han Chinese claim as their original homeland. Fuck Islam. Please.

I don't recall Christians having a specific prayer regimen as Muslims have. What are the Christian prayer requirements that should be accommodated. I was born and raised a Christian and I don't recall any of this. Are Christians supposed to pray at certain times of day and in a specific way? Please enlighten me.

As a christian you should be able to pray at any time.But I believe they have already been told if they do it in public school it might be offensive to someone so, its OUT.

You’re obstructing people.

You do get to put on a big show with your devotion, which is actually something that is spoken out against in the Bible.

I don’t remember a lot from my Christian days but I do remember Matthew 6:5. Doesn’t seem like a lot of Christians do anymore.
How would it be "obstructing people"?

As a christian you should be able to pray at any time.But I believe they have already been told if they do it in public school it might be offensive to someone so, its OUT.
As long as any & all students are permitted to leave the classroom at any time they feel called upon to do so & pray (or in the case of atheists, evangelize against prayer) in a room/rooms set aside for them, everything's cool.

If a special exception is being created for Muslims (or Hindus, Buddhists, Christians, Jews, Satanists, etc.), it's a problem.

A big problem.

Forum List

Back