In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

So the dems could and would use this new power to go after those that don't donate or help out the pols and their agenda/families which would put the cost of those in the energy business higher pushing prices up higher for consumers along with cutting supply which would also push up fuel prices?
He's an idiot...

It would become an immediate court battle. You cannot mandate a business to operate at a loss.

The first thing Chavez commandeered was the oil companies.... next thing you know the citizens are eating the zoo animals and each other's carcasses in the streets.... which, I get it, sounds a lot like Baltimore, but we don't want that shit in Texas.

I don't want a stuttering shit clown with a 1000-yard fucktard stare determining gasoline prices. I'll take my chances with Exxon.

In a STUNNER Dems have no clue on economics -​

We just voted to crackdown on price gouging at gas stations

What's price gouging?
The bill refers to "unconscionably excessive" prices.

It describes aggravating factors as:

(i) Whether the amount charged by such person grossly exceeds the average price at which the consumer fuel was offered for sale by such person during—
(I) the 30-day period before the date on which the proclamation was issued; or​
(II) another appropriate benchmark period, as determined by the Commission.​
(ii) Whether the amount charged by such person grossly exceeds the price at which the same or a similar consumer fuel was readily obtainable in the same area from other sellers during the energy emergency period.

The first thing Chavez commandeered was the oil companies.... next thing you know the citizens are eating the zoo animals and each other's carcasses in the streets.... which, I get it, sounds like a lot Baltimore, but we don't want that shit in Texas.

I don't want a stuttering shit clown with a 1000-yard fucktard stare determining gasoline prices. I'll take my chances with Exxon
Truth is nobody really determines gasoline prices the market does; So much so that when supply becomes too great every barrel that's taken out of the ground represents a net loss.

Truth is nobody really determines gasoline prices the market does; So much so that when supply becomes too great every barrel that's taken out of the ground represents a net loss.
Exactly right friend. I don't want a drooling shitstain installed by Dominion meddling in commercial pricing. We're half a click from the carter misery index days where me and my neighbor had to switch license plates so we could get gas on even and odd days.

"Never underestimate biden's ability to fuck things up" - anonymous kenyan lawn jockey

Let's go brandon.

(i) Whether the amount charged by such person grossly exceeds the average price at which the consumer fuel was offered for sale by such person during—
(ii) Whether the amount charged by such person grossly exceeds the price at which the same or a similar consumer fuel was readily obtainable in the same area from other sellers during the energy emergency period.

"unconscionably excessive"

I know. Fucking hilarious!

Is their political interest to make things as shit as possible so they have a shot at the 2022 Midterms?

Or is their political interest to help Americans who voted for them?
The Nixon Administration attempted to control spiraling inflation with price controls. It only served to exacerbate supply problems and engender the decade a of stagflation.

We just voted to crackdown on price gouging at gas stations and every single republican voted no.

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act would give the President the power to issue an Energy Emergency Declaration that would make it unlawful to increase gasoline and home energy fuel prices in an excessive or exploitative manner.

A bill to help against Price Gouging and corporations cutting the "little guy" by messing with oil and gas prices in the country was voted "Nay" by every House GOP member.

These are the same folks who go to any camera they can find and complain about gas prices. Thoughts?

EDIT: Full Bill (thanks to Kosh)

So, rather than reading the bill you just blurt out rhetorical diarrheas.

I do wonder, though. In 2008, oil hit $145 a barrel and gas prices peaked around $4.00 a gallon.

So why are gas prices so much higher now when oil is $105?
Because demand for refined products is so much higher due to all the sanctions on Russia.

The Nixon Administration attempted to control spiraling inflation with price controls. It only served to exacerbate supply problems and engender the decade a of stagflation.
Because killing our domestic refining industry and starving our allies who are adhering to the sanctions on Russia would be national economic suicide for the US.

Is their political interest to make things as shit as possible so they have a shot at the 2022 Midterms?

Or is their political interest to help Americans who voted for them?
No need... Democrats and Biden have made it a total shit show... Now they try to blame others for what THEY DID. The public isn't buying the crap you're selling, and you are mad that people have brains and can see just who is responsible and it isn't the retailers...

Does it charge the causes of it? Does it throw BIDEN out of office and replace him to someone who doesn't attack oil?

Then it is a USELESS BILL..........a BLAME SHIFTING BILL..........The people of this country are looking at this administration and saying............you dumb asses are SCREWING US.

Poor things...........Guess you can go back to trying to LOCK EVERYTHING DOWN AGAIN...........then you try to force mail in voting to cheat again.

Republicans love corruption.

May 19 2022
As much as 2.09 million barrels a day of gasoline, diesel and jet fuel shipped out from the U.S. Gulf Coast in April, Bloomberg reports. Most went to Latin America, where diesel fuel demand will remain high during the Southern Hemisphere’s winter. Mexico is expected to be a leading customer for American diesel, which is already a dollar more expensive per gallon than regular gasoline.

Yeah, those oil companies are really looking out for Americans and America.
BUT, it's Biden's FAULT.

BackAgain
So the dems could and would use this new power to go after those that don't donate or help out the pols and their agenda/families which would put the cost of those in the energy business higher pushing prices up higher for consumers along with cutting supply which would also push up fuel prices?
It's illegal.... Any attempt to apply this new legislation would very quickly be challenged in federal court and dismantled on the spot. The oil companies are in effect being asked to sell out their product for less than what they purchase it for. Once again demonstrating total disconnect between the left and any kind of business acumen whatsoever.

Forum List

Back