In a STUNNER of a Vote - GOP Votes Against Lowering Gas Prices/Price Gouging

We just voted to crackdown on price gouging at gas stations and every single republican voted no.

The Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act would give the President the power to issue an Energy Emergency Declaration that would make it unlawful to increase gasoline and home energy fuel prices in an excessive or exploitative manner.

A bill to help against Price Gouging and corporations cutting the "little guy" by messing with oil and gas prices in the country was voted "Nay" by every House GOP member.

These are the same folks who go to any camera they can find and complain about gas prices. Thoughts?

EDIT: Full Bill (thanks to Kosh)

Another poison pill bill.
Price controls don't work.
All they do is drive away wealth creators.

Something commies never understand....in a Capitalist society you need rich people to create jobs.
In communist countries only the party leaders are wealthy.....everyone else is poor as sh*t.

Easily duped leftists, here’s all you need to know:

A gas station owner makes around ten cents on a gallon of gasoline.
Federal, state and local government takes between 75 cents and 2 bucks depending on the state.

They can't do anything that might help.

They're afraid Biden would get credit. They can't have that.
explain what it does?

I already give Xiden the credit for 5.00 a gallon from 2.50 a gallon. His issue. Until you stop the price gauging per barrel, this shit is useless because the corner stations don't determine per gallon price they buy.

Excellent idea!

If there is one thing a judge knows, it's the proper price for a gallon of gas.
Well, you see, that's why prosecutors bring evidence and expert testimony to the courtroom.

It's a new thing they do. I guess it works pretty well.

Apparently, judges no longer have to be DNA or ballistics experts, either.

Last edited:
Well, you see, that's why prosecutors bring evidence and expert testimony to the courtroom.

Excellent!
I'd love to see the evidence for widespread unlawful price increases for gasoline.
Maybe AOC could testify? And Senator Warren. LOL!

What evidence or expert testimony would prove that a price is too high?

Forum List

Back