Immigrants Displace American Workers

Playing Devil's Advocate:

If no immigrant workers, legal or illegal, were allowed in to the USA and corporations either could not find the educated workers that they needed to run their business or perhaps could not find the cheaper labor that they needed to run their business profitably, then they would simply pack up and move their business overseas...leaving even MORE Americans without jobs... so basically even if we had no legal and illegal immigrant workers, corporations would find the cheaper, the competitive wage earners, by moving the entire business overseas...(and probably even get a tax break for doing it)

It wouldn't make American wages go up if laws were passed severely limiting immigration as this economist speculates:

The background: Paul Samuelson, the first American to win a Nobel Prize in economics, wrote shortly before enactment of the 1965 Immigration Act.
After World War I, laws were passed severely limiting immigration. Only a trickle of immigrants has been admitted since then…By keeping supply down, immigration policy tends to keep wages high. Let us underline this basic principle: Limitation in the supply of any grade of labor relative to all other productive factors can be expected to raise its wage rate; an increase in supply will, other things being equal, tend to depress wage rates.

It's not as easy peasy as this economist way back when thought in today's global world...It would just make these corporations move to other foreign countries.
You would have get rid of every trade agreement we have that would allow our businesses to move overseas too, don't you think?

And then there are States like mine, who lost a lot of manufacturing jobs in the shoe industry when we began trade in Hong Kong then China, Brazil, Korea, Tawain etc. and all but 1 shoe factory left and went there beginning in the 1980's...

BUT SINCE THEN has developed a huge (at least huge for us in Maine) overseas/export business due to trade agreements in Lobsters, eels,tuna, integrated circuits, coniferous wood, aircraft engines and parts, paper products, etc...
They would train Americans to do the work.
Why would they do that, when they can simply go overseas and open a business there with labor so cheap, that even with shipping costs and duties to get the product to the USA, it still is cheaper than using USA Labor at higher prices?
And that's why we need Tariffs.

I'm sure American companies that export goods would just love that idea.

If more americans accepted less pay and became educated in the IT field they wouldnt bring in so many immigrants.

So that's the solution? Americans should settle for lower pay so that they can be reliant on the government to turn around and force employers to increase that pay once again.
Become educated in the IT field. That way companies cant justify bring over so many green cards. Its crazy. i was down at Cisco today and the vast majority of people there are from overseas.

Yeah, because Disney hasn't already proven that to be a bunch of bullshit....
Explain what you mean. Are you saying Disney doesnt hire a lot of people from overseas?

They fired a shitload of Americans so that they could hire foreign labor.
A shit load is roughly equal to a cubic in Biblical terms...
And_c96fc3_234980.jpg

So that's the solution? Americans should settle for lower pay so that they can be reliant on the government to turn around and force employers to increase that pay once again.
Become educated in the IT field. That way companies cant justify bring over so many green cards. Its crazy. i was down at Cisco today and the vast majority of people there are from overseas.

Explain what you mean. Are you saying Disney doesnt hire a lot of people from overseas?

What positions did they hire foreign labor for? How many is a shitload and do you have a link that proves your claim so we can get some specifics?
Go on a construction site and tell us how many white guys and black guys you see. Also visit any trucking company and do the same.

What positions did they hire foreign labor for? How many is a shitload and do you have a link that proves your claim so we can get some specifics?
Go on a construction site and tell us how many white guys and black guys you see. Also visit any trucking company and do the same.
I was on one yesterday and there was a ration of 90% white to Hispanic and zero blacks..

I was on one yesterday and there was a ration of 90% white to Hispanic and zero blacks..

You're lying. You didn't visit any construction site. That wasn't even true when I worked construction.

You're lying. You didn't visit any construction site. That wasn't even true when I worked construction.
So who you gonna believe, your own eyes or bitchboy??

My eyes..

This contractor just fired a crew of Mexicanos, ain't it a shame...

Why? Because you're a dimwit obsessed with race?

Cause all he does is run a lathe and makes $17.50 per hour..

My eyes..

You're the last person I would believe.

I have not been displaced by an illegal..On the job site the other day it was 2% minority working, and they didn't make it past noon...
I'm totally surrounded by Indian coolies. .....

How much do they pay you to clean their toilets and run errands for them, boy?

They're getting paid six figure salaries, moron.

Yeah, so they can afford to throw a few pennies at a brainless peon like you, boy.

My eyes..

You're the last person I would believe.
Don't lose your micrometer over it..

You're the one obsessed with race. I just want immigration controlled so American jobs are reserved for Americans. If you object to that, then you're a douche bag traitor.

I have not been displaced by an illegal..On the job site the other day it was 2% minority working, and they didn't make it past noon...
I'm totally surrounded by Indian coolies. .....

How much do they pay you to clean their toilets and run errands for them, boy?

They're getting paid six figure salaries, moron.

Yeah, so they can afford to throw a few pennies at a brainless peon like you, boy.

ROFL! Did you actually have any points you want to discuss?

If more americans accepted less pay and became educated in the IT field they wouldnt bring in so many immigrants.

Nonsense....absolutely no reason to think that would be true....now a few yrs. back the Mexicans were brought in to provide cheap lablor and because they would do jobs that no one else would do...that is no longer the motive....Obama has a two fold motive....aka to change American demographics and to make himself feel good cuz he is leaving a legacy of helping the worlds helpless....and to hell with Americans and the America most of us grew up loving...he had a promise to keep ....that he would fundamentally change America...well all you morons voted for change...deal wid it.
You are right, Sundance. Just look at Disney. Americans were fired but not until they trained their Mexican replacements. Btw, those were jobs Americans wanted before giving them to illegals at a lower wage. Hope Disney sinks.

You're the one obsessed with race. ....

Really? Who said "Go on a construction site and tell us how many white guys and black guys you see," dimwit?

That's because you asked: "What positions did they hire foreign labor for? How many is a shitload and do you have a link that proves your claim so we can get some specifics?"

"Foreign labor" means Mexicans.

WTF? It was all over the news and this board when it happened.

Forum List

Back